SilverBuilt is offline Junior Member

What are the most over hyped ineffective brand names?

So I hear that some of the suppliment companies get on forums like this and pump up false reviews. I would like to get an honest opinion about which ones are the most guilty of this, more of a public service announcement.

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    In my opinion because they cost so much and I havent seen great results with them, MuscleTech supps arent that great. But I try and stay away from those huge brand names anyway, I have found smaller companies produce supplements that are cheaper as well as being more effective at the same time.

jypoll is offline Member
    mustletech products do work but not better than any other products and they are 5 times the price..... they also use ridiculous numbers such as "this products burn 93.4769% more fat.... I call bullshit on this.. And they use Jay Cutler to promote their products but JAy Cutler is the best bodybuilder because he uses a shit ton of gear not because he uses muscletech... muscltech is also a little overkill on creatine and BCAA in Nano vapour and anabolic halo,

Fair enough, im sure they have some stuff thats works but ive tried cell tech and leukic hardcore and they just didnt produce results. and I was training hard at the time, ive used a few others to that i was dissapointed with but cant remember the names

baseball21 is offline New Member
    My roommate and I split money on a tub of Anabolic Halo, and even though we only took it after workouts, it truly worked wonders. Although the price keeps me away from purchasing it again.

Porky is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by baseball21 View Post
    My roommate and I split money on a tub of Anabolic Halo, and even though we only took it after workouts, it truly worked wonders. Although the price keeps me away from purchasing it again.
    the halo gets alot of good reviews but everyone hates the price, i dont know where you bought yours but if you check around online you can get it for about 40$ for 2 pounds , i cant believe the mark up some of these retail stores charge its crazy!

the product i found overrated was hemo rage, they have zach kahn pimping it out and personally i found it to taste disgusting and i didnt get nearly the rush i get from jac3d. i had fruit punch flavor warning very gross

bubsy is offline Junior Member
    Muscle Tech way to expensive they got that vitakic vitamin supplement which is way overpriced!

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Muscletech is over priced but when i used it 10 years ago it seemed like the products were good quality.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Every company with the word "muscle" in the name sucks. Not just Muscletech, either.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    You would be hard pressed to find any that arent overhyped.
    IMO Primordial Performance took BS and hype to an entirely new level this past year. Even worse they did so under the guise of bogus scientific claims and gorilla marketing on supp forums that are merely fronts for companies to shill- and the inexperienced and ignorant bought into it.
    Disgusting.....

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    EVERYTHING in GNC...

Armyman is offline New Member
    haha yes i hate GNC..

baseball21 is offline New Member
    Yeah, GNC is where I purchased my overpriced Anabolic Halo. I have since learned to shop online. Haha.

ajordana is offline Associate Member
    gnc... muscletech...primordial performance.. those are the top 3 overhyped imo.. so many people actually believe muscletech is the best because of their claims and marketing.. nitrotech is the most disgusting, useless garbage protein ive ever used, and cell tech is so over priced its ridiculous..

although, the most ignorant thing i have EVER seen is con-cret creatine by cellucor.. anyone else seen this? its pure creatine powder being sold for upwards of 50 dollars for a months supply, when creatine mono, the SAME thing, you can get for around 15 bucks for a 100 day supply.. pisses me off every time i see it.. and idiots actually buy the shit

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I take multivitamins. And use protein powder. That is all. I tend to think the supplements can only make a small difference. Save the money and buy more chicken.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    I wont bash brands but a few items that have been overhyped are most all otc fat burners are garbage.

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    I personally think "Pollo Loco" is a horrible brand name for a chicken restaurant.
    "Bahama Breeze" considering most if not all of their menu is Jamican based is really horrible.
    "Arm & Hammer" brand is really a joke

Kk570h is offline Associate Member
    Hydroxycut is the most over priced over hyped diet pill/thermo I have ever used ...did absolutely NOTHING for me despite all the commercials and "user-feedback" ranting and raving about it , makes me think if muscletech can create so much hype over this how many of their products actually DO work?..... Guess that explains a multibillion dollar industry tho.. i will add after trying all of the "hyped" products I went to a doctor and got myself a nice prescription of a REAL thermogenic ; Phentermine ... the sides are pretty rough but if you can handle them it most definitley gets the job done.

Julz_W is offline Junior Member
    I found that with Hydroxycut too also. I'm curious to hear what some people think about the animal pak multis.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by Julz_W View Post
    I found that with Hydroxycut too also.
    I loved fat burners in general when they had ephedrine in them. Not any more.

Joma is offline New Member
    I'm Ronnie from Jersey shore and keeping it real is what its all about, that's why I use Xenadrine. REAL PEOPLE, REAL RESULTS.

risingcougar is offline New Member
    GNC. Nuff Said. I love going in there for a fat 50 year old to tell me to buy the $30 more expensive protein that is all concentrate anyways. Cracks me up.

FONZY007 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Julz_W
    I found that with Hydroxycut too also. I'm curious to hear what some people think about the animal pak multis.
    Animal pak multi loved them if you don't have a problem taking 11 pills a day

PumpMasterFlex is offline Junior Member
    I hate Muscletech. They're so over-priced and their products don't work half as good as their competitors. The only reason that they're still around is that they still sponsor the big name bodybuilders.

I think NOW is a very underrated company. Cheap too.

PumpMasterFlex is offline Junior Member
    And and GNC. I remember when I was a teenager I would go in there an spend a whole pay check on supplements. Real dumb crap too because I would listen to some huge guy tell me to buy GNC or whatever else he could make a commission on. Spent $70 on a month supply Muscletech's Gakic when I was 16. I thought I was going to get huge lol. Jag offs.

revo_romero is offline Junior Member
    I tend to stay away from any company that has proprietary blends in ALL of their "compounds" (which is almost every company) I've only found a couple that tell you exactly whats in it. The one I've had the most luck with is ThermoLife International. They're a local company here so it might be hard to get your hands on a lot of their stuff. I did find out that they're the sponsor for muscle beach this year so maybe it'll be easier to find their stuff now???

Aaryan is offline Associate Member
    Anything that says "natural testosterone booster " eg. TEST FREAK

Faceless Rider is offline Junior Member
    BPI sucks, muscletech is overhyped along with bsn

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I would suggest anything you find in the muscle mags is over hyped, over priced, and doesnt' do much.

agreed! Those mags had me convinced for too long! I won't read them anymore, lost too much money falling for adds...worried if I pick one up I'll turn into an idiot consumer again. Besides this site has all the info I need...

I stick to ON or Controlled labs but limit myself

SilverBuilt is offline Junior Member
    Yeah, I agree with the GNC crap, muscletech is proabably just as bad, but apparently they have a higher marketing budget. lol

WarEagle is offline New Member
    You have to be smart shopping at GNC because as many stated it is overpriced and overhyped stuff. I exclusively buy their clearance stuff...just bought a 5 lb jug of protein for $13 normally $40. I'd love to hear where folks buy their stuff to get a better banf for your buck. I've tried making custom blends and the comprable mixes at GNC typically are around the same price...maybe I'm doing something wrong. Pls enlighten me.

Old thread but buildingbrawn.com has the best deals for supps period. Protein powder is 160 for 25 pounds

boxingfan30 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Armykid93 View Post
    Old thread but buildingbrawn.com has the best deals for supps period. Protein powder is 160 for 25 pounds
    Edit, nevermind I see it's all kinds of protein... thought it was their own brand.

The op's question though yeah it's an old thread but the more pretty they try to make their products, it's likely it doesn't work nearly as well.
    Last edited by boxingfan30; 11-21-2012 at 05:41 AM.

Van Suka is offline Junior Member
    If you see a dude with huge veins popping out of his forehead, lighting bolts and the words muscle and freak, stay away. I prefer buying the bulk supplements and combining them to make my own custom formulas. NOW Brand is great and I buy a lot of bulk supps from purebulk.com

Thread Information