Hephens is offline Member

Competition weight BF%

Sorry if this is a stupid question. But my friend is 246lbs and 25% bodyfat(28kg of total fat mass) If he was to get down to around 5-6% on stage how much would his total weight be in lbs?

Also what do you guys sit at on stage, I know every1 is different but whats the usual?

Hephens is offline Member
    Ah what the hell this is suppose to be in the other fourm lol. Can a mod move it please to COMPETITIVE BODYBUILDING Q & A

thanks.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    around 193 lbs on paper @ 5% BF

In reality probably closer to 180-185 with the loss in LBM along the way....

Obviously there are lots of things to take into consideration to determine how much LBM will be lost.... Drugs, diet and genetics are probably the biggest factors that will influence LBM loss during contest prep.

FG will be here soon for you, I will get this moved

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Base pretty much covered it. On paper and real life are totally different animals. Remember when we determine BF% anything that not fat counts as LBM. Bone, tendons, ligaments and water. As we diet down we lose a tremendous amount of water which shows as a loss of lean. The heaviest I ever got was 240lbs on the nose and I was probably 16-17% bodyfat at that weight. When I dieted down I stepped on stage at 190lbs and was probably 6.5%. At best I would say your friend is looking at the low 180's unless he is going to starting a first cycle or used to compete and is just out of shape. The first few times you compete you tend to have to diet harder than a person who has done it for years. If you have never been at 5% bodyfat before your body will resist more so than someone who hits that mark once or twice a year.

revo_romero is offline Junior Member
    Its really hard to tell. Especially because we dont know his Height, measurements, etc. I compete in Men's Natural Physique. I walk around at 240-245, 12-13% and cut to around 215-220 at 6-7% So it all depends on his own body type and where he carries it. A good estimate that I could give is probably around 185-195 lbs maybe less for someone who is 245 and 25%. Hope that helps somewhat.

Thread Information