xzoomzx is offline Associate Member

Protein masters shakes ANy requests?

i am now called a protein master at my gym caus ei make great shakes ..........anyone just reply and il make you great shake si can make good before bed ,when you wake up during the day ,and pre post workout

here is my post workout on my menu its called - white blast
    2 scoops vp2 whey isolate
    half cup skim milk half cup water
    tiny bit of crushed ice
    epedra powder
    caffeine powder
    any flavor extract

thats my favorite
    only 3.50 a shake

xenithon is offline Member
    to be honest bro, that aint really ideal cause u gonna have 0 glycogen replenishment. where are the high GI carbs??

feelnfit is offline Junior Member
    my ideal shake is 2 scoops optimum 100%whey (choc) 6oz 1%milk
    2 tablespoons pnbutter and 1-whole banana. blend add ice till it is thick. makes a good post workout shake. cost is
    $1.00

i dont use any in my shake im trying to slim down...and you doont need carbs in your shake

actually you do. not trying to pick a fight here check the diet forum about postworkout drinks and u'll see all the threads talk about simple carbs postworkout. otherwise, how will u ever replace glycogen stores? I too am trying to slim. Nothing but complex carbs and veggies throughout the day, except postworkout. If its any shake during the day, you dont need carbs cause u can get them from other, more valuable sources, but straight after workout you need the simple ones.

Deadend is offline Associate Member
    I'm gonna back xenithon on this one. Carbs are vital in a post workout shake.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    xzoomzx,
    Hey bro thanks for the tip on the shake. I'll have to give it a whirl sometime this week and let you know how it turns out. Xenithon does have a point though. Have you ever thought about putting in a little honey to boost up the sinmple carbs a bit? It would not have to be much just a tablespoon I think would do it. Anyway, I'm still going to try your way first. This looks like a heck of a shake that I could use for those late night munchies that I tend to get.
    Tobey,

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tobey
    [B] Have you ever thought about putting in a little honey to boost up the sinmple carbs a bit?

Damn can't even begin to type out simple carbs with out the word SIN starting to appear! Maybe it's a omen, he, he, he
    IC

tigress is offline Retired Female Moderator
    Tobey, what a naughty boy.

I make a shake very similar to feelnfit's only I crumble in a square or two of graham crackers, and use ff vanilla soy milk instead of cow's milk. Yum.
    One today is worth two tomorrows.

what are some simple carbs?...........if i mix my shake with a cup of powerade is that good enough ?

actually what is the best simple carbs to ass while leaning down the ones with the leats amount of carbs in it .....the bare minimal amount of carbs is good for me

can anyone give me some /??

Deadend is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by Tobey
    xzoomzx,
    Hey bro thanks for the tip on the shake. I'll have to give it a whirl sometime this week and let you know how it turns out. Xenithon does have a point though. Have you ever thought about putting in a little honey to boost up the sinmple carbs a bit? It would not have to be much just a tablespoon I think would do it. Anyway, I'm still going to try your way first. This looks like a heck of a shake that I could use for those late night munchies that I tend to get.
    Tobey,
    xzoomx,
    I think that the honey would give your shakes all the simple carbs they need. If not use dextrose and i think 30 grams of carbs would suffice as the bare minimum.

wait so 1 tablespoon on honey adds 30 grams of carbs to my shake?,,,,,,,,,,,,what happens if i add no carbs ill get smaller and weaker?

No, actually for a shake late in the evening you would want to have non carbs. But for a post work out shake the carbs would cause an insulin spike, raise glycogean levels which are depleted after your workout.
    Tobey

what if i let my glycogean levels deplete ?

Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member
    your muscle's don't repair as fast, you don't have as much muscular endurace, you can't train as hard, your muscle will appear flat and not full, you'll never reach the potential you could be....is that enough reasons to take in some simple carbs postworkout.

but im trying t get as ripped as possible im gonna do a keto diet .....eating only bout 30 grams of carbs a day coming all from veggies

wonderful world of oz,where juice is free,plentiful,sterile, and not toxic to the liver
    well post a picture and we'll help you out on what you need to do,you wont be able to add any muscle with 30 grams of carbs a day,you need to have the very least bare minimum 30 grams of carbs right after your workout,and you also should have bare minimum 30 grams of carbs for breakfast right after your 45 minute cardio session on an empty stomach, in all actuality zoom, you should be getting atleast 20 grams every meal besides that also,early in the morning get you some oatmeal and fiborous cereals. some pasta or rice for the 1 hour after workout meal,and then every meal after that hit up some green veggies.but for god's sake dont do carb depletion

Lift2Live is offline New Member
    No need for me to say anything about the carbs after workout, at one point i believed the same that all you needed was protein after a workout...and a little reading anywhere will show thats completely false. Carbs are needed without at doubt after a workout.

And as for my protein shake, like this:
    8 oz. skim milk
    8 oz. water
    1 whole raw egg
    1 raw egg white
    3 tablespoons of peanut butter
    and 2 scoops of choc. whey protein powder

I'm bulking right now...probably wouldnt want to use this shake if you're attempting to cut

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    Hey gang,

Great thread here!

Do any of you masters know if skipping the milk in the skakes will be a bad thing? I am willing to go buy it if i have to.

i am not used to keeping milk around the house, all my whey shakes are water based. (great tip about 1 TBSP honey for carbs)

For now thats what im drinking, a whey shake with a tablespoon honey
    I am cutting so i try to limit my carbs but i aint doing atkins any more.

Any tips you have would be great

buddha - milk kept out of shake?? hell yeah !! remember that milk slows down absorption of protein. and, after a workout especially, you want supa quick protein - thats why whey is the best, with water of course. I am also cutting/maintaining, so limiting my carbs, and I too have honey postoworkout! search the board for my thread on honey postowkrout - seems it is one of, if not the best thing to have postowkrout for some reason. I try get about 1.5 tabelspoons of honey, which is about 25g carbs, and the rest is from the whey (double serving, each serving has 2.5g sugars so a total of 30g good postworkout carbs)

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    Xenithon:

Thanks alot for the reply. That is going in my book for sure (credit given naturally =) )

you are a treasure for the AR board. thanks

Megadeth is offline Junior Member
    Just a quick question for Xenithon...Do u know exactly how the milk will slow down protein absorpsion?

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Megadeth
    Just a quick question for Xenithon...Do u know exactly how the milk will slow down protein absorpsion?
    fat slows down absorption. . .there is fat in milk

DCB

Megadeth is offline Junior Member
    That'll do bro Thanks.

BP85 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xzoomzx
    what are some simple carbs?...........if i mix my shake with a cup of powerade is that good enough ?

Powerade, or gatorade, or any fruit is not good for PWO. Yes they are simple carbs. Fructose does replenish glycogen too. But the bad thing about it, is that fructose stores in your liver first, before storeing into your muscles. Therefore, you would have to eat fructose until your liver was full, then your muscles would start to be replenished. Stick with mostly skim milk. One trick this guy does at my gym is eat a candy that is either fat free or extremeley low in fat, that is also low in fructose.

fritz2435 is offline Member
    Use dextrose or maltodextrin in a 2:1 ratio carb/protein.

ex. 80g dextrose/40g whey

age reversal is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fritz2435
    Use dextrose or maltodextrin in a 2:1 ratio carb/protein.

ex. 80g dextrose/40g whey
    So is there a brand of protein powder out there with this ratio already mixed in? Or do I ask the healthfood store clerk for dextrose and mix it in myself?

jimmyivory is offline Junior Member
    So is dextrose a simple or complex carb? From the name is sounds simple but I've heard otherwise.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Bump. I believe it's simple.

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Dextrose is a simple carb. The best (most effective) PWO shake is dextrose and protein with a 2:1 ratio, mix it in water and you're all set (doesn't matter if you're cuttin' OR bulkin').

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Dextrose is a simple carb. The best (most effective) PWO shake is dextrose and protein with a 2:1 ratio, mix it in water and you're all set (doesn't matter if you're cuttin' OR bulkin').

Thread Information