nope is offline New Member

have you ever pre mixed shakes?

Im a construction worker and its kinda hard to get get a hold of a blender when sometimes we dont even have electric yet. has anyoen ever pre made shakes for the day?
    I know they sell those shaker things, but i liek to add fruit and stuff to mine so i would need a blender. any ideas?

i could always try it and let you all know how it turns out, but i figured id ask you all first.

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    Im in the same boat im on site every day and untill power is established what do you do right? the answer is save the shakes till you get home and either you or the wife pre cook the next days meal, the day before thats the only thing i can do to get my intake levels up.......Hitman

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    I always have mine pre-made. I either make them the night before or in the morning, sometimes that's all you can do. All this BS about protein breaking down, it's exactly that...BS.

It's not going anywhere. I mix mine with water, where's it going to go? In the water?

No worries, just pre-make them and use them for work. Everybody has a real life, we can't base everything we do on training...as much as we would like too.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I'm with Ronny on this. Some of the guys that workout in my gym mix theirs the night before and throw them on ice or in the frige. Quick shake and PWO is served....or whichever meal it is your eating.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Peter, I wasn't disagreeing with you bro, I've no idea if it breaks down or not. To tell the truth I hadn't heard about that happening but you sure have me interested in finding out. I just think it's a quick fix to a problem and that having them premade saves some time.

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    All i know is when its pre mixed and morning smoko hits the stuff is like semi dried concrete and pretty much useless to drink.............Hitman

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    An easy way to solve the problem of Protein powder build up on the pre-made shakes is to only fill your bottle up 3/4 of the way. Then when you're about to drink it, shake the crap out of your bottle. Too many people I know fill their bottles up to the top and then they complain the powder builds up on the bottom, that's because there's not enough splish splash going around brah. SPLISH SPLASH>

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    I have read that if you are using a protein powder with added L-Glutamine in it, it may be toxic to the muscle tissue if you leave it mixed up for a longer than five minutes.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    http://vitaminshoppe.com/browse/sku_...e=SearchResult

mix powder with glute put it in a ziplock get a bottle of water when you want it mix it on the spot.. i do the same thing

Jackman is offline Banned
    what about those protien shakes in the stores they sell? obviously the protien in those dont break down right? so why would powder we make? just a thought....

rambo is offline The Lord God
    They include preservatives in order for the enzymes to keep from denaturing. And protein breakdown is NOT BS. That's what protein does, it denatures... Now- the breakdown timeline of the micronized whey protein that we use is something I'm not aware of, however, it is imperative that you realize that it still will break down...that's why whey protein has an expiration date.

Gandy is offline New Member
    Throw a large bottle of water on ice and keep it until ready...

Add ice cold water to shaker (as mentioned above, about only 1/2-3/4 full). Now add your protein to the water (and not the other way around). I like to mix it only half-filled with water (or milk) to get it going THEN add a little more water/milk to you get the consistency you want.

Good luck.. remember: cooler with ice, milk/water, shaker bottle and ziploc bag.

Gandy is offline New Member
    Throw a large bottle of water on ice and keep it until ready...

Add ice cold water to shaker (as mentioned above, about only 1/2-3/4 full). Now add your protein to the water (and not the other way around). I like to mix it only half-filled with water (or milk) to get it going THEN add a little more water/milk to you get the consistency you want.

Good luck.. remember: cooler with ice, milk/water, shaker bottle and ziploc bag.

cokdiesl is offline Junior Member
    screw the fruit... i'm in construction too and i keep just the powder in the mixer..then i just add water when i'm ready to down it

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    I add a lot of stuff to my shakes and I NEED them COLD or else I cant drink them. The texture is like flem if it is over 50 degrees. I add ice cream usually so I then put it in the freezer for awhile before I drink it. If it gets warm, I throw it out. If I have to take it with me, I pull it out of the freezer and use a spoon as it melts.
    Pre mixing seems normal

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    when i cant get home to make a shake i stop at 7-11 and they have 2 diff makes of pre-maid shakes. one is bio-x 30 grams of protein and the other is made by weiber 35 grams of protein.

also if they have those then protein doesnt break down.

jmillerdls is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    The texture is like flem if it is over 50 degrees.
    really wish you hadn't said that...or that i just hadn't read that...i can see me thinking that from now on...**** you...**** my eyes!!

Thread Information