dazbo is offline Senior Member

recipe for protein bar anyone ??

Hi

I would like to make prottein bars out off chocolate flavour whey protein and also include some natural oats as the main ingreadient. Would like them to have at least 20g of protein per bar and not too much sugar or fat

Thanks

darren

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Posted by BMF2 @ QM

WARNING!!! Do not make these on a cut; I swear to god you will eat the entire pan when you do make them, so make sure it's on a bulk or a cheat!!

Protein Bars (Jake’s)

1/3 c Chocolate protein powder
    1/2 c quick oats
    1/4 c dry skim milk powder
    2 tbsp cocoa
    12 packets sweetener*
    1 tbsp low fat cream cheese
    1/2 c natural peanut butter(Pb)
    1/3 c black brewed coffee
    about 1/4 cup skim milk

Mix dry ingredients together. Cream Pb and cream cheese together. Warm in microwave for 45 seconds -Mix in coffee. Stir dry ingredients a bit at a time into wet ingredients. Mixture will be difficult to stir, use a fork and mash it together. It'll get crumbly. Now add milk, a few drops at a time and mix well after each addition. I think I used about 1/4 cup, but not sure. You want a gooey, kind of crumbly texture. Press into pan sprayed with Pam and set in fridge. Makes 8 bars.

***Each bar has: 80.5 calories - 3.9 *Protein - 7 carbs - 4.2 fat

***The above breakdown does not include the protein powder, because everyone uses a different powder, I just broke down the other ingredients. Make sure you add your own protein powder breakdown to the counts to get the true numbers!

*I used Equal, you can use whatever you normally use or none at all if you like, especially if your protein powder is sweet. Replace the coffee w/ a tbsp of cream diluted w/ water to the required amt. I used flavored coffee, so you might want to add an extract for flavor...almond or vanilla...

You can also and raisins and/or chopped nuts for variation

Hey thanks for that I will definately give it a go. Its just what I was looking for. I will skip the sweetners first time to see what its like. I think Ill also add some peanuts in the mix too and possibly the raisens you mentioned.

thanks again!!

P.S. If theres anymore recipes along these lines I would appreciate them also just to make a few diff ones. thanks

Darren

getbig888 is offline Senior Member
    interesting/// is there anyway you could just make a pro/carb bar or pro/fat bar??

Want-2-b-ripped is offline New Member
    I found this recipe seem really easy to make.....

It is so simple-
    takes about 10 minutes max to make 1

I use 1 bar of wheetabix- I prefer this to oatmeal
    1 scoop of whey protein
    1 tbl honey
    1 tbl peanut butter

mix all together in a bowl, it will be a little dry/ powdery but just add very small amounts of skim milk or water so that the consistency is firm, similar to a flapjack or such like

You can then shape the bar with a cooks knife really easy by pressing down on it firmly and cutting it to the desired shape

The weight of the bar is usually about 100g and I assure you, they are filling and take a few minutes to eat through!

HI

thanks for that second recipe Ill give it a go. I need to speak to the guy about the first recipe though because I tried it as above, nut it definately didnt turn out right so I want to go through everything and make sure Im right with what I did. Im not much of a cook so find even that hard !! lol

thanks

Darren

Thread Information