Thread: Homemade Mayo

Stanky is offline New Member

Homemade Mayo

What do you guys think about using homemade mayo for things like tuna? I am just figuring out the basics of how to make it, which is pretty easy, but I feel like I could make healthier mayo than they sell in the stores. Also, if anyone has a good recipe for healthy, homemade mayo let me know.

Carguy is offline Junior Member
    Its not a bad idea I think... the store mayo made by helmanns and kraft are pretty chemical free though.

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    i tried this recipie but it tastes like s*** basically used,oil,mustard,lemons,sugar substitute,salt vinegar if ne1 has a good recipie post it plz

marka is offline Associate Member
    This would be good to know........

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    helmanns is F'n good

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    Hellmans is the closest you can get to an actual mayonaise which in turn is a secondary sauce from a hollandaise.
    ummm lets see.
    beat 2 egg yolks, yolks only until they get creamy and then add some white vinegar like a tbs or so, add some olive oil slowly.
    add some cayenne pepper to spice it up season with S&P

marka is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChefJ
    Hellmans is the closest you can get to an actual mayonaise which in turn is a secondary sauce from a hollandaise.
    ummm lets see.
    beat 2 egg yolks, yolks only until they get creamy and then add some white vinegar like a tbs or so, add some olive oil slowly.
    add some cayenne pepper to spice it up season with S&P
    thanks chef J. The mayo I have -best foods - has sugar amoung other things...best to be homemade..will be trying your recipe

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    this is a recipie my GMA told me kinda similar to chefj's recipie
    u add 1-2 eggs half a lemon 2 tsp vinegar 1 tsp sugar substitute salt&pepper according to taste blend all then add sunflower oil (wanna try using olive oil next time)
    while blending till it becomes thick taste see wut u wanna add hot sauce ,vinegar etc.... hope it helps

beenie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanky
    What do you guys think about using homemade mayo for things like tuna? I am just figuring out the basics of how to make it, which is pretty easy, but I feel like I could make healthier mayo than they sell in the stores. Also, if anyone has a good recipe for healthy, homemade mayo let me know.
    I do it all the time and posted something in here on it a couple years back. Its so easy to make, and its so much better too. What's more you can use healthy oils for your mayo. I like seseme oil, but you can also use flax. Havent tried that but it would be good.

To be on the safe side I dont keep mayo around more than about 4 days, even refridgerated. Unlike helmans it doesnt have preservatives in it when you make it fresh.

Thread Information