MrMent1on is offline National Level Bodybuilder

Is this too much protein

I blend 12 onces of egg whites = 10 egg whites and add 2 scoops of isopure orange banana and 1 scoop nitro-tech orange cream flavor and it taste AWSOME thats 98 grams of protein and 2 grams of carbs. I do that after my morning cardio and workout, is that too much protein in one sitting?
    Last edited by MrMent1on; 04-03-2005 at 10:42 PM.

juicerm is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMent1on
    I blend 12 onces of egg whites = 10 egg whites and add 2 scoops of isopure orange banana and 1 scoop nitro-tech orange cream flavor and it taste AWSOME thats 98 grams of protein and 2 grams of carbs. I do that after my morning cardio and workout, is that too much protein in one sitting?
    Definetly is. Everyone's body can use up a different amount of protein at one sitting. But unless your 250 pounds and on the juice your body is no way in hell using all that protein at one sitting. The average body can use around 40g protein. I may be wrong so lets see what others say..

millionmillionaires is offline Associate Member
    I dunno dude. I heard the avg. person can utilize 40g in an average sitting as well. But about an hour after you work out, your protein synthesis spikes incredibly for a little while (whether or not you are on the juice). If you eat the protein immediately after working out, the protein should be digesting at the point of increased synthesis an hour later. So if in an average sitting you can take in 40g, you can no doubt handle a much larger dose post-workout. If you are on the juice, your body is utilizing protein better anyways (depends on the chem, but lets pretend it's test), so there is an even bigger boost.

I'm not scientist and I'm not a trained nutritionist, so take this w/ a grain of salt. But the science is there. Somebody plz jump in if I'm wrong.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by millionmillionaires
    I dunno dude. I heard the avg. person can utilize 40g in an average sitting as well. But about an hour after you work out, your protein synthesis spikes incredibly for a little while (whether or not you are on the juice). If you eat the protein immediately after working out, the protein should be digesting at the point of increased synthesis an hour later. So if in an average sitting you can take in 40g, you can no doubt handle a much larger dose post-workout. If you are on the juice, your body is utilizing protein better anyways (depends on the chem, but lets pretend it's test), so there is an even bigger boost.

I'm not scientist and I'm not a trained nutritionist, so take this w/ a grain of salt. But the science is there. Somebody plz jump in if I'm wrong.
    even w/ an insulin spike pwo to increase protein synthesis by 400%, the opt amount of protein to take is .25g per lb of lean body mass.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMent1on
    if thats all the carbs your getting pwo anyways your killing your self... after cardio you need pro/fat wouldnt exceed 45g Pro for your body mass.
    and after lifting you need like 90gDex/45gPro

Thread Information