UNCCwrestler is offline Junior Member

Chili with goat cheese

Finally decided to try and make some chili, and so far have gotten 3 meals out of it. here is the recipe.

Start with:
    - 1 can Vegetarian Chili
    - 1 Pound Ground Turkey (or lean beef)
    - 1 Can GOYA black beans (for extra pro/fiber)
    - 1 small can no salt added corn (optional)
    - dash of Chili Powder
    - 1 Bay Leaf
    - 1/2 onion chopped

1. rinse black beans off under running water to help remove some excess sodium.
    2. Set stovetop to low heat. Add chili, beans corn, bay leaf. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
    3. Coat a skillit in cooking spray and brown the turkey and onion slices, adding a few shakes of chili powder.
    4. Add turkey/onions to chili pot. If the mixture is getting too thick I will add a little bit of tomato sauce and a couple TBSP of water.
    5. Simmer on low heat for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

After chili is complete, I put 2 TBSP crumbled goat cheese (Trader Joes Brand) over a serving. I microwave the bowl for 30 seconds and mix well. Next time I make it I will try to get all the macros on here. But over all a good meal for protien, fiber and nutrients IMO.

ilovesus is offline Member
    Sounds diff. i might have to try this out!

yeah man I definetly reccomend it, the goat cheese almost adds like a sour-cream type flavor to it.

BITTAPART2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCCwrestler View Post
    yeah man I definetly reccomend it, the goat cheese almost adds like a sour-cream type flavor to it.
    phuk me that sounds good, I read the title and could almost taste the goats milk cheese already. that sounds really good!...this is coming from a guy that just had a "cheat meal" that consisted of granola and a protein shake lol. I cant wait until bulking time rolls around

BITTAPART2 is offline Senior Member
    so you going to trader joes on mallard ck? I went there the other day and was not impressed at all with the selection. I wish there was a whole foods market here.

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    Looks pretty damned good mate.

Bump!

-CNS

Quote Originally Posted by BITTAPART2 View Post
    phuk me that sounds good, I read the title and could almost taste the goats milk cheese already. that sounds really good!...this is coming from a guy that just had a "cheat meal" that consisted of granola and a protein shake lol. I cant wait until bulking time rolls around
    lol, thanks man. Yeah the Trader Joes on Mallard has crumbled goat cheese in the back corner over by the meat counter. Trader Joes stuff is kind of give and take but here are a few things I would suggest checking out.

- Trader Joes Kettle Brewed Green/White Tea w/ Mint: Goes awsome with lots of ice and some splenda on hot days.
    - Trader Joes Greek Yogurt: Really thick and creamy, plus low carb and comes in fat-free. Nice alternative to cottage cheese
    - Trader Joes Peanut Butter, Almond Butter and Cashew/Macadamia Nut butter are all natural and really good.

Thread Information