Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Iwan2bsolid2- Snacks for late night bingeing

Hey Man,
    I have several recipes for you to try out. The first several I like because you can throw them together even in a sleep indused comatosed state at 2 am in the morning. I want this to be clear though.

THE IRON CHEF DOES NOT RECOMEND LATE NIGHT BINGING!

Ok here it is.......

Banana Goo
    In a blender combine 2 bananas and 1 tablespoon of peanut butter and blend until smooth.

Contains: 310 calories, 10 grams protien, 66 g carbs, 9 grams fat
    I have to admit that the carbs in this one are really high. You might want to add fat free peanut butter and reduce it to 1 teaspoon. Just enough for the peanuttbutter flavor.

Graham Cracker and Jelly Squares
    Spread one side of an entire Grahman Cracker (Four rectangles) with 1 tbsp of grape Jelly. Place another Graham cracker on top. Break in half.

Each half provides: 114 calories, 24 carbs, 1 gram protien,
    1 gram fat

Ceral Bars
    2 tbsp butter soften

1/2 cup sugar ( yeah I know but just wait until you see the caloric
    intake at the bottom)

1 large egg
    3/4 cup all- purpose flour
    3/4 cup whole wheat flour
    1/8 teaspoons baking powder
    3/4 cup Grape Nuts Cereal

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Set aside 2 tbsp of grapenuts cereal. In a bowl, blend all of the ingredients. Roll the dough into 2" by 1/2" balls. Press these into rectanguler bars. Coat the bars with the remaing Grape Nuts and place them on a cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until slighty brown. Cool completely before eating.

Contains- 90 calories, 17 grams carbs, 2 grams fat, 2 grams protien

Now this does not have alot of protien but like I said before that I am assuming that you have already takening in your protien requirements for the day and you are looking for somthing to tied you over. It is very low in carbs and I would recommend this above all other reciepes listed. You can cook these and store them in the frig. for the late night snack. IF you really want to keep all carbs,fat,ect down try eating fresh Fruit. It is boring but healthy.

Blueberry Surprise

1 can (20 oz) Pineapple chunks
    1 container (8oz) lemon flavored fat-free yogourt,divided.
    1&1/2 cup fresh Blueberries
    1/2 cup of Granola

Mix all ingredients into a large bowl. Seperate into four into 4 smaller bowls and place a small dallope of yogourt on top .

Contains- 233 calories
    4 grams protein
    3 grams fat

Ok I purposely picked things that were not really high in protien. I did go overboard on the carbs on some of these which really is just as bad, but the idea that I was looking for was to have as low as possible in everything. Now if you sit down and eat the whole pan your gonna blow up with any of these.( Blow up in fat ect) Everything in moderation this late. If you still have the hunger pains eat some freash fruit. I hope thas is what you were kinda lookin for. Some have to be cooked, but most can be made via stirring them up in a bowl.
    Tobey

Last edited by Tobey; 10-19-2001 at 06:08 AM.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Re: Iwan2bsolid2- Snacks for late night bingeing

Originally posted by Tobey

THE IRON CHEF DOES NOT RECOMEND LATE NIGHT BINGING!
    Did I say that????
    Late night Binging is perfectly ok. Recommended in fact!

What I meant to say was....

THE IRON CHEF DOES NOT RECOMMEND LATE NIGHT BINGEING!

Just wanted to set the record straight.
    Tobey

ptbyjason Guest
    LOL, that's funny Tobey.

Sorry, I had to fix the code on your post. Bad code is hard for me to look at. I can't help it. (The quote and bold code were messed up. )

Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member

Wow thanks Tobey

That all looks damn good, a little off my diet, but when I feel like splurgin, I'll be for sure givin em a try....thanks alot for taking the time to hook me up.

_SOLID

MarkyMark is offline Member
    Not to be eaten while on DNP I take it ,,,, hehe

Thread Information