dam225 is offline Associate Member

How to cook low salt chicken???

I usually bake a huge batch of chicken for the week ..... I usually just throw a dozen or so chicken breats in a caserole pan and cover them in BBQ sauce.....however, I am getting close to competition time and would like to eliminate a good deal of the sodium in my diet (BBQ sauce has lots of sodium)....Any suggestions for very low salt, low fat marinades for chicken?

Thanks,
    D

nuke is offline Member
    Marinate all the breats in a big tupperware container and add, garlic, low sodium teriyaki, and some onions cut up. Cover for a day. Then bake or grill all those puppis.

I also take breasts, soak em in egg whtes and then crush up rice cakes and "bread them". Spray some pam in a skilet and pan fry them for about 4-5 minutes on each side or until done. Its kicks it up a notch.

THE ONLY WAY TO EAT THEM WITHNOTING IN THEM IS TO BOIL THEM OR GRILL TEM. TOP WITH SALSA FOR FLAVOR.

dam225 is offline Associate Member
    thanks nuke...I will give it a try....

D

Cali is offline Female Member
    I grilled some last night with teryaki sauce on them and they turned out perfect! I usually suck as a cook so I was pretty darn proud of myself when they weren't charred.

nuke is offline Member
    Anytime bro. the one thing I have a ton of knowledge on is the nutritional side of things. This coming from a man who at one time months ago !, weighed in at 375 !!

I live to eat clean brothers ! Any questions just ask !

blackfist is offline New Member
    I sometimes cut them up into bite size pieces. Then i spray pam in the frying pan and cook the chicken until it gets white, Then i pour some fat free Italian dressing and some low sodium soy sauce in and mix them together. Very good

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    I don't know guys. Although Teriyaki sauce dose give chicken a unique taste all of it's own I would not recommend it to someone who is trying to cut salt out of their diet as this is useually loaded with the stuff. If this is a short time fix that you are looking for before a comp bro just bake the chicken by itself. If you add a little water to the bottom of the pan and cover it up with tinfoil before you bake it the chicken will not come out as dry. I know that this is really a bland way of cooking chicken and most of you would expect something a little more flambouyant from me but if it is right before a competition, your best bet is to just suck it up and eat your chicken as plain as possible. Anything else and you take the chance of taking in sodium, fat ect and that really defeats the purpose of dieting right before your up comeing comp.
    IC

Thread Information