ptbyjason Guest

Recipe Challenge for Tobey "The Iron Chef"

Ok Tobey, I have a challenge for you. I need something that I can take to school with me that doesn't need to be kept cold. I don't know why I can't think of anything. I want high protein, low fat, possible low carb if you can think of something. I know I could take a can of tuna, protein bars, protein powder, etc. I need something different. It may be 4-5 hours before I can eat it. Any Suggestions? If you can pull this off maybe we should give you a custom title.
    <font color=black><font size=2><table style="filter:glow(color=white,strength=3"><b>The Iron Chef</b></table style>

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Yeah I think that I have somthing.

I think that I may have somthing. It was a reciepe for homemade protein bars. Here's the catch. I use to teach a body sculpting calss about a year ago and one of the other female instructors just may still have it. I'll give her a ring tommorrow( it's 9:48 pm here now) and post it. If not, I'm sure that I have somthing in the my Archives Department but right now I need to get back on the phone for partboynyc.
    Later,
    Tobey

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Make a dish up the previous night like chicken and pasta in a spicy tomato sauce (Just one I do) stick it in the fridge take it out in the am put it into a little cooler box that you have had in the freezer like the type you carry beer in and there you go it will still be cold at lunch time.

Billy

ptbyjason Guest
    I thought about that, but I hate to carry anything else around. I already have to carry books, clothes for the cadavar lab and the gym, and my water. I have to park about 2 - 3 miles from where I go to school and then bus in. I can't even leave it in my car because it would take about an hour to get there and back.

Don't worry Jason

Don't worry Jason,
    I've got the perfect thing to fix, I just have'nt got hold of Donna or Ann yet.(They have the reciepe) I tried several times to call both of them up but have'nt been able to get in touch with them yet. I spent pretty much of the entire day digging a trench about 3 foot deep across my dad's front yard. His water line had about 5 different leaks in it and I had to re-place the hole thing. I'll try to have somthing posted for ya before the weekend is out.
    Later,
    Tobey

ptbyjason Guest
    I'm not in a desperate hurry for it man. I know everyone here has a life outside of AR. If you can find one that is great, but no major hurry.

A life outside of AR you gotta be kidding me right?? LOL

Billy

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Well this may sound sick guys, but you know what I do. I take about 5-6 boiled eggs, and chop them up, without the yolk, and make several sandwitches with them. I can carry them around in a zip lock or foil, and or how about just Boiled Eggs in Gerneral? YOu don't have to keep them cold. In fact, I enjoy a boiled egg warm anyways. Go me go me go me... who's ya daddy!!!!!!!

bigtraps is offline Member
    Broil abunch of chicken breasts in the oven. Get some fat free sour cream and come Hidden Vally veggie dip mix.. You can toss the chiken in a zip lock, and just a littld container for the dip.
    It really is pretty good.. HIGH IN PROTIEN & ALMOST NO FAT OR CARBS

Now that sounds good

Heck Big Traps,
    Gonna have to try that on myself. Sounds good.
    Tobey

The egg idea works but wow do they stink by the afternoon you ain,t gonna popular with people!!!

Billy

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    OK Jay...give this one a try.

Chocolate protein cookies

6 egg whites
    7 scoops oatmeal (1 3/4 cups)
    2 tsp brown "Sugar Twin" (brown Sweet 'n' Low)
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1/2 cup un-sweetened apple sauce
    4 scoops chocolate (or vanilla) whey powder
    2 dashes cinnamon
    1 tsp virgin olive oil
    1 tsp maple extract
    1/2 cup raisins (optional)

Pre-heat oven to 325, bake for 20 minutes
    Makes 1 dozen cookies...each cookie has 14g of protein

Take a few of these with you to school along with a cup of low fat yogurt. Add a couple scoops of whey to some skim milk and wash it down. It's a pretty easy (and tasty) way to get 50-60g of protein in a quick fix.

xzoomzx is offline Associate Member
    well jason how about this ......buy yourself some pitas......and make yourself a new sandwich everyday and carry them in abag....throw a couple in....add anything you like

Lostsoul is offline Associate Member
    Pete235, wow thats a good one, will have to try that for when i get the munchies at work.

Thread Information