Thread: Vegemite

copenhagen is offline Member

Thumbs up Vegemite

Wondering if anyone could describe how it tastes. Seems to be pretty dense in minerals and vitamins.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Hahahaha. Good Aussie shit that. Unless you eat it from being a baby you will never be able to get near it man. My kids put it on there Pasta for Christ sake !!!! Its EXTREMLY salty as well. You realise its a yeast extract thats made from by products of beer manufacture

copenhagen is offline Member
    wow, i did not know that kale....thanks for the heads up bro

FromFleshtoSteel is offline Associate Member
    he's got that right.

went to Australia and tried it multiple times

it is the saltiest, nastiest tasting spread...I have no idea how the hell they eat it all the time. You will not like it if you haven't been brought up on it.

Random fact: Interestingly enough...they dont' eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, just pb or just jelly usually.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by FromFleshtoSteel
    he's got that right.

went to Australia and tried it multiple times

it is the saltiest, nastiest tasting spread...I have no idea how the hell they eat it all the time. You will not like it if you haven't been brought up on it.

Random fact: Interestingly enough...they dont' eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, just pb or just jelly usually.
    Hahahaha PB and jelly what a joke, thats just fowl !!!! The funny thing is, in Australia we call Jelly, Jam. Jelly is the jiggly shit you eat with ice cream If you asked an Aussie for a Jelly sandwich they would look at you like you were a complete idiot

CENADICT is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    Hahahaha PB and jelly what a joke, thats just fowl !!!! The funny thing is, in Australia we call Jelly, Jam. Jelly is the jiggly shit you eat with ice cream If you asked an Aussie for a Jelly sandwich they would look at you like you were a complete idiot
    here in europe we take jelly (the wobble thingy) with fruit or alone. For some people even a peanut butter sandwich is gross.

aaronswt84 is offline Associate Member
    hahaha vegemite is the sh!t, I love, but then again ive been eating it since i was a kid. I live in the U.S. now and all my friends think its the worst thing ever..

Jaded is offline New Member
    Ive tried to get used to vegemite several times and can barely stand enough to show a smear on a piece of bread! While I have a friend that can eat it straight out of the jar.

Strong is an understatement!

bvanderwerff is offline Associate Member
    I'm Canadian living in Australia for the past year - I LOVE VEGEMITE!!!

I can't live without it!

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Ok guys I live in Australia, and I tell you right now that V-Mite tastes like $HIT but except it's 1000000 times worse haha. Nahh it's one of those things where you either hate it or love it.

-Gear

brutesinme is offline Member
    vegemite is one of the worst things i have ever tried. I can't believe i listened to the kiwis who shoved a piece of bread loaded with this crap in my face. i can still taste it today....

Thread Information