Tein is offline Junior Member

Lean Turkey Chili

I wanted to share the recipe I use for the turkey chili I eat everyday. It's healthy and tastes great.

2 lbs 99% lean ground turkey (Or substitute 1lb 99% and 1lb 94% for softer, tastier meat)
    1 yellow onion
    1 bunch of celery
    1 15oz can Goya black beans
    1 15oz can Goya red beans
    2 14.5oz cans Hunts fire roasted diced tomatoes
    Chili powder
    Cumin
    Tumeric

Brown your turkey meat in a large skillet, breaking it down with a spatula as you go. While the meat browns, dice up the onion and slice the celery thin and throw them in another medium frying pan with some olive oil on medium heat. Cook the veggies until the onions turn a nice brown color and the celery has softened.

After the meat has cooked completely, drain any liquid from the skillet with a spoon and sprinkle in your chili powder, cumin, and tumeric.The amount of chili powder directly relates to the heat, so it's best to start low and add more later if you like. Taste as you go.

Mix in your veggies to the meat. Drain and rinse the beans in a colander and mix them in too. Add the cans of diced tomatoes at this time.

Simmer the chili on low heat, mixing occasionally to prevent burning, for about 10-15 minutes. You can add water or plain tomato sauce at this point if you like a wetter consistency.

This is what you get:

(I mixed in brown rice to this batch for extra carb source)

Schmidty is offline Test Is Best!
    iv never made chili before but this sounds good and easy

oatmeal69 is offline Productive Member
    I have another version, it's lean and low fat. It's a staple, I never get sick of it.

Thread Information