Mental_Hernia is offline Junior Member

Oatmeal Recipes?

Looking for some original (plain) style oatmeal that doesnt add too many calories or carbs in the morning. Rather then just add sugar to the top, I was thinking someoen out there may have a good tasting/more health concious recipe.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    I like to add, equal, sugar free maple syrup, peanut butter (adds some fat), sugar free jelly, a scoop of protein powder.

Pain

Why would I want to add some fat? As it is I tend to avoid all the fat I possibly can..

Oh, and I had oatmeal this morning ( first time in years ) and I couldnt stand it =/ Sprinked some sugar on it, made it a little better, then put drops of jelly on it just to get the rest down. I really cant stand the goop.

You want healthy fats in every diet bulking and esp cutting. Don't fall victim to the medias claims of a low fat society, last time I checked we had more low fat foods than regular foods yet our population keeps getting fatter....... Fats are needed in a diet. Healthy fats, mon, poly, mct.. Coming from Olive oil, primose oil, flax seed oil, nuts..... are great for your body. Plus they will help slow the digestive process.

Pain

Mmmm Im a victim alright..

How do I know the type of fat if it simply says Fat? Ive seen products that say mono, poly, saturated, and all that but whatabout foods that dont catagorize?

Also, cuttings is the term for when you want to rip your muscles to the point that they can be ..defined visually, right? Im not familiar with all the lifting terms.
    Last edited by Mental_Hernia; 03-11-2003 at 08:09 PM.

Cutting is sheding fat. I suggest you search around the boards for fats and you will find what you need.

Pain

Dry Oatmeal

This morning I ate my 1/2 cup of oatmeal dry instead of prepared.. It tastes SO much better then when its prepared, and I didnt have to add anything to it. But I had a bit of a gassy stomach ache today..

So does eating dry oatmeal ( along with maybe rice? ) have a negative effect on your stomach? Not negative in a health sense, but the oatmeal must absorb and expand in your stomach; and does that absorption have any negative effects on, say, vitamins or anything like that?

What are the drawbacks to eating dry oatmeal?

Archangel230 is offline Junior Member
    Personally, if high glycemic carbs are not a problem I make banana/honey walnut oatmeal. Servings may vary, but it's so simple and I like it.

1 cup whole oatmeal (not that instant crap)
    1 ripe banana
    2 tablespoons fresh honey
    1 and 1/3 (cause I like it thick) cup skim milk.
    1/4 cup walnuts (may have to break them up a bit depending on size)

Add oatmeal and milk into pot. Cut up banana, add walnuts, and honey. Mix (really mush everything up) and heat on med-high while stirring for about 5-10 mins. A healthy treat it is.

Thread Information