lstbred is offline Senior Member

Grilling Veggies, Plus Recipe

As a whole we eat a lot of veggies. One thing thats really cool is during the summer thier usually plentyful.....and cheap! It also happens to be BBQ season! we all have our grills out so lets take advantage of this. Grilling gives great flavor and add's a new dimension to your veggies that you already eat but cant get raw. I've added a How-To and some alternative ways and some uses. I've also added a salad recipe that I made today for you to look at. I used zucchini, yellow squash and red onions for this demo. ouichef

How-To:Pick out your veggies, cut legthwise about 1/4' to 1/2 thickness.

Now comes the fun part, add any FF vinaigrette dressing you like Try a whole bunch, Balsamic, Rosemary, Red Wine, Citrus, Garlic, Spicy, Italian, ANY FF dressing that you want to try!! and dont use "Hidden *ally" or "Pauls Own" those are way to expensive! use the store brand at .79-1.25 doesnt matter. You could make it even simpler by using just Olive oil, kosher salt, and ground pepper. Put veggies in a bowl, drizzle a little of the dressing over the top, go slow, if you need more, add more, because a little goes a long way. Let sit from 15min to an hour.

Place veggies on hot grill with the tops pointing to 10o' clock.

Check to see if you have a good mark, if you do, turn your veggies until the tops are at 2o' clock.

After it has good marks turn them all over and you should have some good "hash marks" or "diamonds"

When you think its cooked, I intenionally did not put times down because everyone likes thiers cooked a little more or less, your ready to go!

Uses: Hot: as a side dish, turkey burger topping, pasta sauces, etc Cold: side dish, veggies sandwiches (or with protien) salads etc.

Here is a salad that I made today following these same ideas and princples:
    FF Red Wine Vinaigrette
    Spring mix (lettuce) and spinach
    Shred Carrots
    Regular tomatoes, 1/8 wedged
    Sundried tomatoes, dry not packed in oil
    cucumbers, diced
    Grilled zucchini 1' cut (after cooling)
    Grilled yellow squash, 1' cut (after cooling)
    Grilled red onions, diced
    Parmesan cheese, only "added" fat in the dish
    Place in a bowl and mix, that simple!
    [

ANYTHING that you would like to add or take out is great! its totally up to you! This is "vegetarian" version but personally I would add seasoned chicken, beef, pork, tofu any protien I want at that time. Hell, if you wanted you could add some bell peppers, FF Asian dressing and some Asian seasoned chicken and now you changed the whole thing and all you did was change dressing and veggie choice.

**If you dont have a grill dont worry! Use the same preperation steps but instead of the grill you can use a George Foreman or sauteed (pan fry) on the stove top and get similiar results.
    Last edited by lstbred; 06-20-2012 at 01:37 PM.

Thread Information