lstbred is offline Senior Member

Cider Grilled Chicken

I've been trying to find easy different and ones that can be made "in bulk" as it seems a lot you do 10# at a time. This recipe is set up for a 10# batch.

Marinade:
    Apple Cider 5 cups
    Apple Cider Vinager 1/2 cup
    Onions, diced small 3/4 cup
    Garlic, minced 3 Tbls
    Salt 2 Tbls
    Peppercorns, cracked 15-20

Place all marinade ingredients together in a bowl, mix well.
    Pour mixture over chicken, marinate 2 hrs in refrigerator, turning every 1/2 hr just to make sure everything gets a good soak.

Chicken Breast: One of the reasons one end of the breast is juicy and the other is dry is because at one end it's 1' thick and the other is maybe a half inch. What happens is that the skinny end is done cooking and the fat end is only half done, well, obviously you cant eat raw chix so you keep cooking which means that the end thats already done is completely over cooked now and dry. So the best way is to pound out your chix until it's the same thickness, this only takes a few minutes but will save you a lot of dry mouth when you eat!!

Drain and discard marinade.

Heat grill to med-high, place chix on grill, flipping over once. Bring to 165* using a thermometer.
    OR
    Heat oven to 350* Put chix on a sprayed cooking sheet, flipping over once. Bring to 165* using a thermometer.

This is a good simple recipe you can play with. It looks like way more work than it actually is. Give it a try and let me know.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Great recipe. What position in the biz? I'm a exec fine inning steak house.

Been in the food service business for 26ish yrs, I started and spent 5.5 yrs in fine dining, the next 5.5 were spent in a nice steak house, 3.5 yrs in corporate dining and have been in the college system since 99' were Ive traveled a lot and helped open/train at a lot of colleges around the states. During that time had a little cafe but that didnt work (when we started the economic collapse was starting to hit big) I'm currently a Food Service Director but my love is the FOOD! So theres much more but I think you get the jist.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    That's awesome good shit man. Love to see healthy chefs around. We get bad names. Overweight, an lazy lol

britt28 is offline Female Member
    That's awesome lstbred. Thanks for giving us options so the boring chicken isn't boring.

workrewards is offline New Member
    Thanks tried this tonight and I enjoyed it immensely.

Glad you liked it!! try a couple more, you wont be disappointed

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I'm forever on the lookout for more chicken recipes as I always wind up getting sick of my current one. Just finished (probably forever) jalapeno cilantro-lime marinated grilled chicken breast. So over it.

My only potential problem with this is the sugar in the apple cider. How sweet does the end result taste? I wouldn't mind a bit of tang and/or sweetness from the vinegar/cider, but not looking for overwhelming sweetness.

Thread Information