Thread: Homemade KFC

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member

Homemade KFC

Im not sure of the macro's in this, I havent as yet worked them out. It should be pretty low in carbs, as its mainly just chicken!

1) Cut ya chicken into chunks/strips/bites however you fancy it really. I cut mine into 1" chunks.

2) Get a fair sized lunchbox with a good lid. Put in approx 100g plain flour, pinch of salt and peppar.

3) Add your flavouring, I have opted for Jerk! Mmmm! Add as little or as much as you like, the ratio is upto you!

4) Put the chicken into the lunchbox, place the lid on and SHAKE-SHAKE!! Making sure it all gets coated.

5) Get a reasonably large frying-pan, add just enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan, get it smoking hot.

6) I used tongs, but by whatever means you chose, dont just tip it into the pan. Place them apart so they dont stick whilst cooking.

7) If you can toss, this is the best option as it doesnt pull the coating off like tongs do. Keep the heat high whilst the outside goes golden and crispy.

8) Turn heat down, and leave until properly cooked!

9) Serve!!
    Last edited by krugerr; 11-02-2012 at 11:05 AM.

lstbred is offline Senior Member
    Quick, simple, easy, done! There are soooooo many things you can do to this!

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yup. It's a simple one. But it adds a little diversity to a chicken dish. You can flavour if anyway you like too.

Thread Information