skaz915 is offline Member

Any good Greek yogurt "ice cream" recipes??

I want to try and make up a batch of ice cream with greek yogurt berries and raw honey or something of the sort. Is there something else i could add to give it a creamier texture like ice cream has instead of just freezing solid like an ice cube

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    im not a fan of ice cream- literally i can only stand a few spoon fulls before i feel sick and sleepy. almost the same with fozen yogart etc...
    but here are a few alts that i make for the kids at times:
    Frozen banana peanut butter guilt-free ice cream recipe
    Serves 2
    Ingredients:

• 4 frozen bananas
    • 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter

Directions:

1. In a food processor, add frozen bananas and start processing.
    2. Stop after a minute or so to scrap down sides if you see it starting to stick.
    3. At first you will notice the bananas start to resemble small dots and chunks. Keep processing and stopping to scrape until the banana comes together and resembles soft-serve ice cream. This whole process should take between 3 and 5 minutes.
    4. Add in peanut butter and blend for 30 seconds to combine.

or

Recipe for one-ingredient banana ice cream
    Serves 2
    Making this recipe is like doing a magic trick: Blend plain frozen bananas and end up with the creamiest ice cream. To vary the flavor, add any of these: 1 tablespoon peanut or almond butter; 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder; 1 teaspoon vanilla extract; ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon; or 3 sliced and frozen strawberries.
    3 ripe bananas
    ½ tablespoon milk(optional)
    1. Peel the bananas and slice them thickly. Lay them on a plate and freeze for 2 hours or until solid.
    2. Place the bananas in a blender or food processor. Turn the machine on to blend them. At first they will spin around and stay icy. Keep stopping the machine and use a wooden spoon to loosen the mixture if it stops moving. At some point, the bananas will suddenly turn creamy and custardy, like soft-serve ice cream. If they do not, add a little milk and blend again. Serve right away or freeze in a lidded container.

or
    ALMOND PISTACHIO ICE CREAM2 cups milk
    2 cups heavy (whipping) cream*
    2 pkg (4 oz each) instant pistachio pudding mix
    1/4 cup chopped toasted almonds
    1/2 tsp almond extract

Combine all ingredients.** Refrigerate until chilled.
    Freeze in an ice cream maker according to manufacturers directions.
    *You can use light or heavy cream to increase or decrease richness. For a more sherbet like texture substitute all milk for the cream.
    **To lighten up the texture, retain the heavy cream; whipping it into soft peaks and folding it in just before freezing.
    This extra step is a plus for any pudding ice cream you plan to harden.

bit this is soooo intense that its almost a gelato- 1 scoop is all you need.

skaz915 is offline Member
    Wow that sounds awesome, so simple too. Ill definitely try it

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by skaz915 View Post
    Wow that sounds awesome, so simple too. Ill definitely try it

the banana is a huge hit, and the pistachio is INSANE , insane i tell you- in little cups made of rolled oats or if your treating your self chocolate.

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    seen on tv the other day..

in a food processor, add frozen fruit, sugar (you can leave this out or maybe try stevia or something similar), and 2 egg whites..

Thread Information