Figured I'd add a recipe for a salad with beans that I eat pretty frequently:

Take a clove or two of garlic and cut them into several big chunks. Throw them into a large bowl and add a bit of salt. Mash the garlic into a fine paste like consistency. Take 1 or 2 cans of your favorite beans (we usually use cannelini beans, chick peas, or fava beans/foul mudammas). Empty most of the liquid in the can out but leave some in there. Empty them beans into a pot and heat on low till just when they start to warm up. Leave covered for a minute then pour into the bowl.

Chop up your favorite veggies. We usually use a any or all of these: tomatoes, cucumbers, radishes, onions, sweet/bell peppers, hot peppers, carrots, broccoli, etc) and add them to the bowl. Chop them to whatever size you prefer obviously.

To dress the salad sprinkle more salt (to taste, I prefer a lot), dried crushed mint, lemon juice (freshly squeezed if possible) and extra virgin olive oil. Mix. I prefer making a bit more dressing than needed to leave it moist. It dries out if there's not enough. Personal preference. Scoop it I to pita bread and enjoy or just use a spoon/fork/spork.

This is what it's like when it's done and half eaten . (Chick peas and foul mudammas used in this one)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	148992