Thread: Tuna Casserole

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Tuna Casserole

I have not tried this one as of yet, but if any of you out there get a chance before I do let me know what you think.

Tuna Casserole

8 oz elbow macaroni uncooked (about 2 cups dry)
    1 can (6oz) water-packed tuna,drained
    1 cup sliced celery
    1/3 cup cup chopped green onions
    1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
    1/4 cup diced pimento
    1 can reduced-fat cream of celery soup,undiluted
    1/2 cup 1% milk
    1 cup shredded,reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese(4 oz)
    1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
    1/4 tsp blackk peeper

Cook macaroni according to the instructions on the package. Drain,rinse with cold water and drain again. In a large bowl combine cooked macaroni,tuna,celery,onions,green peppers and pimento. Mix well

In a small saucepan, combine soup and milk. Heat over medium heat until smooth. Add cheese and continue to cook until cheese is melted. Remove from the heat and stir in mayonnaise and pepper.

Pour sauce over macaroni mixture. Mix well. Pour into a 1-1/2 quart casserole dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake at 350 degrees, uncover, for 30 minutes. Serve hot

Meal contains-- 280 calories
    5.4 grams fat
    2.4 grams sat. fat
    18.2 grams protein
    1.3 grams fiber
    40.6 carbs

Later,
    Tobey

Bump

I made this post tonight first and by the time I got through making all of my other post it was pretty far down the list of post. Thought that I would bump it back up to the top so everyone might reconize it as being new.
    Tobey

????

Guess everybodies sick of Tuna Huh? Guess I'll have to come up with somthing new.
    Tobey

I got it! Tuna mixed with water placed in a blender. Let me know what you think.

pureanger is offline Senior Member
    Im going to try it now some reason I missed this recipe. By the way for everyone who reads these recipes and doesnt try them they are the stupidest buch of people in this world. Tobey puts a lot of effort into these and people like me who have limited experince behind a stove really appriecate them becasuse the taste great and there pretty easy GOOD WORK TOBEY

EVERYONE READ TOBEYS POST ON MUSCULAR DISTROPHY AND FOLLOW HIS DIERCTIONS ITS THE LEAST WE CAN DO

ptbyjason Guest
    yummm, tuna and water. If you add enough water I guess you could drink it. That would be pretty sick. That's like the raw egg thing. Everytime I tell people I eat a dozen egg white's every morning, a bunch of people assume I drink them. I couldn't stomach that. I like the tuna casserole recipe, it will give me some new variety.

Raw Eggs

Yeah ptjason,
    Years ago after the first Rocky movie ever came out I tried swallowing raw eggs every morning.(I guess I'm telling my true age huh?) I never could keep them down. I even tried to put raw eggs in my protien shakes, could'nt keep them down either. They always made me sick on my stomach. Man when I think about some of the things that I use to try it is a wonder that I ever survived.

Pure A- Better watch out, keep boasting me up like that and I'm liable to develope an ego! Thanks for the post, and good luck with your diet.
    Tobey

You deserve it for all the work you do on this board

ptbyjason Guest
    Tobey, I don't know anyone who still drinks eggs. I never got up enough nerve to try it. That is one thing that I hope never comes back in style. I don't know how you ever tried it, but better you than me.

Ive tried it years ago but I would never do it now since the whole salmoninlla thing going around

Thread Information