Here is one by John Michael Montgomery. Now when I saw this it really did not jump out and grab me as a recipe that anyone here might be interested in trying. Then I begin to think of several post that have been made by TNT and myself on how women love a romantic candle lit dinner that is cooked by their man. SO here it is guy’s your chance to redeem your self for all of those Saturday afternoons spent in front of the TV watching football. It is really easy and if done correctly it will be sure to impress your lady. Good luck guy’s.
IC

Wild Goose with Currant Sauce

1-cooking apple cut into wedges
1 large orange, unpeeled and cut into wedges
8 pitted prunes, chopped
2-- 8 lb. wild geese, dressed** (note @ bottom of page)
2 envelopes of dried onion soup mix
2 cups of dry red wine
2 cups of water
Currant sauce

Combine fruits, stirs well and placed ½ of the mixture into each goose cavity. Place each goose, breast side up, in an oven-cooking bag. Combine the soup mix, wine, and water; pour ½ of the mixture into each bag.
Seal the bag and cut 5 or 6 slits into each bag in the top to allow the steam to escape. Put the birds in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 3 to 31/2 hours. Serve with currant sauce

Note ** A large dressed duck can also be used with this recipe.

Currant sauce
½ cup red currant jelly
¼ cup ketchup
¼ cup of port wine
¼ cup of Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp. Butter

Combine all the sauce ingredients and cook over low heat until thoroughly heated.

The Iron Chef