Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TRA

Thread: Pressure cooker

TRA
    TRA is offline Knowledgeable Member

Pressure cooker

Not sure if anyone else uses a pressure cooker, but I got one a few years ago and have almost worn it out. I cook almost all my protein for the week on Sunday evening in it. Very easy to flavor up the meat/poultry and I have a number of spice/sauce combos to do that. My recent favorite is a can of chipotle chilis with juice, some vegetable broth (salt free), crushed garlic blended up, cook ground beef (on keto), chicken breast, chicken thighs, etc. in the sauce with a couple of bay leaves.

This week I dropped 20 skinless chicken thighs in with some olive oil, soy sauce, lime juice, garlic powder and veggie broth and cooked. I usually let it sit on lo after cooking time, and double the cooking times. The meats are incredibly tender and easy to chew/digest.

Pork gets a bit dry and has to cook forever to tender up, burger needs minimal cook time or it gets grainy.

But it's incredibly easy and time saving. Prep time for the thighs last night was maybe 10 min.
    almostgone likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    If we aren't cooking on the grill, we generally use one as well. The wife wanted one of the shiny red Wolfgang Puck pressure steamers, but it actually has done very well. We buy split breasts and boneless/skinless breasts by the case and prep ahead like you do.
    My favorite thing thus far is chicken, rice, chopped up Roma tomatoes, and diced leeks all steamed together. Then take that mixture and stuff lightly boiled Poblanos pepper. Then just a smidge of mozzarella or Muenster cheese on top.
    I did have one incident that didn't work out very well. I probably should have steamed salmon in a basket over water, but got lazy and put it in the pressure steamer. Kind of messy.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Thread Information