mike2112 is offline Associate Member

low carbs protein bars...

just wanted to know if you knew a brand of high protein/low carbs/low fat bars?? any recipies??
    thanx !!!!!

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Try this one bro

Here is one from awhile back. It might have something that you xcan use. Here is the link.http://www.anabolicreview.com/vbulle...t=Protien+Bars

nique51 is offline Female Member

High Protein, Low Carb, Low fat bars

Try the Keto brand bars. They are great. They have 3 carbs, 6 grams of fat and only 1 sat. fat. The fat is a good source of CLA and MCT. Only 24 grams of protein, but they can't be perfect. The oatmeal raisin tastes like an oatmeal raisin cookie.

Slyder is offline Junior Member

Hold up

It's my understanding that the gylcerine, although it does not raise blood sugar very much if at all, must still travel to the liver to be metabolized, and therefore can still be stored in the liver. My advice is don't bother with them. It sucks, when you first have to stop using them,, as they are easy to eat when on the run, but you'll manage.

gdawg0987 is offline New Member
    Slyder,
    Do you have a link for where you heard that about glycerine being stored in the liver? Because I have recently been having elevated readings on some liver tests and I have also been eating bars made with glycerine. So if you could point me in a direction to where I might could learn more about this it would be very much appreciated.

Thread Information