GetPsycho is offline Associate Member

Protein Pancakes

1 pancake....

5 large egg whites 80 - 15/2/0
    2 tbsp flax meal 68 - 4/4/4
    1/2 cup oatmeal 150 - 5/27/3

the following ingredients come out to 298 calories 24/33/7. as you can see all the ingredients are healthy, no junk. protein is a good source, carbs are a good source and fat is all essential, no sat or trans.

combine into bowl and blend with hand-held blender. personal experience says to store the batter in the refrigerator for about an hour before cooking.

cook on the stove just like you would a normal pancake, or add to a waffle maker.

after it is cooked you can add splenda and sugar free syrup to taste. (i have also added these items in the batter which is good too)

for an extra 100 calories add 1 tbsp natty peanut butter after it is cooked.

i usually make about 6 at a time and store them in sandwhich baggies in the frige. eat them at work when too busy to warm up a meal
    Last edited by GetPsycho; 07-21-2003 at 11:05 AM.

JDMSilviaSpecR is offline Vicious With Malicious Intent
    I've tried this, can't taste the protein at all!

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    What is flax meal?

Cruiser_67 is offline New Member
    I used to make these all the time love them.. Also try putting in a small amount of vanilla extract. That can make all the difference in the world..

MC

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Quote Originally Posted by GetPsycho
    1 pancake....

5 large egg whites 80 - 15/2/0
    2 tbsp flax meal 68 - 4/4/4
    1/2 cup oatmeal 150 - 5/27/3

the following ingredients come out to 298 calories 24/33/7. as you can see all the ingredients are healthy, no junk. protein is a good source, carbs are a good source and fat is all essential, no sat or trans.

combine into bowl and blend with hand-held blender. personal experience says to store the batter in the refrigerator for about an hour before cooking.

cook on the stove just like you would a normal pancake, or add to a waffle maker.

after it is cooked you can add splenda and sugar free syrup to taste. (i have also added these items in the batter which is good too)

for an extra 100 calories add 1 tbsp natty peanut butter after it is cooked.

i usually make about 6 at a time and store them in sandwhich baggies in the frige. eat them at work when too busy to warm up a meal

1. When you say oatmeal do you mean the raw oats, flakes?

2. You mix the oats in the whites with NO water?

3. Flax meal is flax oil?

Thread Information