Thread: Mexican Chicken Kiev
08-11-2003, 02:11 PM #1
Mexican Chicken Kiev
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 green chile peppers, cut into 4 strips
1/2 (8 ounce) package Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 4 slices
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup Italian-style seasoned bread crumbs
2-1/4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Place 1 chicken breast between two sheets of wax paper. Working from the center to the edges, pound with a meat mallet until flat and rectangular shaped. Repeat with remaining breasts.
2. Wrap the green chili strips around the cheese, then wrap the flattened chicken breasts around the chili and cheese. Secure with toothpicks or uncooked spaghetti noodles.
3. Combine the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt, cumin and pepper.
4. Roll the secured chicken pieces in the melted butter and then in the bread crumb mixture. Place chicken breasts in a 13x9 inch baking dish; don't let them crowd. Drizzle the remaining butter over all eight of the breasts. Refrigerate for 1 hour, or freeze to bake later (baking time will be increased by about 5 to 10 minutes)
5. Bake in a preheated 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
Makes 4 servings. Amount per serving:
Total Fat 22.5g
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)