Thread: BB'er cookies

Nixter is offline Associate Member

BB'er cookies

Found a recipe for something called "body builder cookies" looks interesting to say the least. cheese?

3/4 cup Butter or margarine 175 mL
    1 cup Packed brown sugar 250 mL
    1 Egg 1
    1 tsp Vanilla 5 mL
    1-3/4 cups All-purpose flour 425 mL
    1/2 tsp Each baking powder, baking
    soda and salt 2 mL
    3 cups Flaked bran cereal, slightly crushed 750 mL
    1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar cheese 125 mL
    1/2 cup Raisins 125 mL
    1/2 cup Chopped toasted pecans or walnuts 125 mL

In large bowl, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.

¡In separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into butter mixture just until combined. Stir in crushed cereal, Cheddar cheese, raisins and pecans to make slightly crumbly mixture.

Using rounded tablespoonful (15 mL) per cookie, squeeze batter into balls; place about 2 inches (5 cm) apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake in top and bottom thirds of 350°F (180°C) oven for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned, rotating and switching pans halfway through.

¡Let cool on pans on racks for 5 minutes. Transfer to racks and let cool completely. (Make-ahead: Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 1 month).

Makes about 42 cookies.

Per cookie: about 103 cal, 2 g pro, 5 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 14 g carb, 1 g fibre, 15 mg chol, 122 mg sodium. % RDI: 2% calcium, 6% iron, 4% vit A, 2% folate.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    A couple of scoops of chocolate protein powder would definitely help to get the protein levels up from 2g per cookie.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    A couple of scoops of chocolate protein powder would definitely help to get the protein levels up from 2g per cookie.
    Nice addition, MHB. Have you (or anyone else) found that a particular protein powder works best for cooking? Or, to ask a stupid question in addition, are there any versions of protein powder which lose their "integrity" when cooked; ie, the protein's BV is diminished or the protein is destroyed altogether?

Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    Nice addition, MHB. Have you (or anyone else) found that a particular protein powder works best for cooking? Or, to ask a stupid question in addition, are there any versions of protein powder which lose their "integrity" when cooked; ie, the protein's BV is diminished or the protein is destroyed altogether?
    As far as destroying the protein...I cannot give you conclusive evidence that it does or doesn’t. I’m sure that once you cook anything some of the protein will be reduced…but to what degree I do not know. I personally don’t factor stuff like in when making meals. It just over complicates a simple thing…making food.

For protein powders IMHO it always boiled down to personal choice. I mean would I use Dorian Yates powder for cookies...probably not...as it is expensive (at least it is here in Canada). It’s $43 for 2lbs vs Prolab’s $31. I’ve always had success with Prolab. I find that’s high quality, great tasting, and relatively inexpensive. I’ve also used Designer Protein’s plain flavour...that is to say no flavour. So if you wanted to cook something and not add extra flavour...the Designer plain was the way to go. I once made some oat bran muffins with some plain Designer and they were actually pretty good. But I do tend to stick with Prolab...once you find a protein that works for you...it’s hard to make a switch.

As far as desserts go…Biotest Grow low carb MRP is a quick substitute for pudding! Mix it up with less water (or milk) than usual and you can eat it with a spoon. It’s almost like vanilla pudding. That shit is thick…like Myoplex.

Hope this helps.

PS You seriously have to try that blueberry cheesecake recipe I posted...you would think it is real cheesecake.
    Last edited by Money Boss Hustla; 08-16-2003 at 03:18 AM.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Shit, where did you get all these recipes? Have you simply collected over the years or did you come across a goldmine somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    Shit, where did you get all these recipes? Have you simply collected over the years or did you come across a goldmine somewhere?
    A bit of both. Some are mine and some I have found over time.

I wanted to be a chef a long time ago so I have always been into cooking. It's great for impressing chicks!!

talon is offline Senior Member
    Damn Nix. thats what Im talking about. These cookies sound off the hook.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    I agree with ya Money Boss H.
    I have been telling the guys for years here the easyest way to impress a girl is a well cooked meal!

The reciepe sounds good although I would have to leave the rasins and brown sugar out. It might be ok for you younger guys however once you get a little age on you one has to really watch out for the simple carbs. Cool idea though. All in all I would have to give it an A+
    Tobey

Quote Originally Posted by Tobey
    I agree with ya Money Boss H.
    I have been telling the guys for years here the easyest way to impress a girl is a well cooked meal!

The reciepe sounds good although I would have to leave the rasins and brown sugar out. It might be ok for you younger guys however once you get a little age on you one has to really watch out for the simple carbs. Cool idea though. All in all I would have to give it an A+
    Tobey
    I hear ya about the simple carbs! I cannot believe what a bitch aging is! Thank God for GH!

Thread Information