Venus! is offline Female Member

Check It Out!!!!

Cool sauces that have no or little sodium low fat and no sugar. I used some today and they taste good too

www.mrspice.com

ptbyjason Guest
    I'm bumping this to the recipe forum. Or maybe the diet forum. Tobey, put this wherever you want.

K sorry I figured it was a general topic. My bad

ptbyjason Guest
    It's no problem at all. Just trying to give everyone an easy way to find this whenever they start to find ways to cook healthy.

Venus, check your PM (in a sec)

K I'm waiting ..................

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Thanks, Venus . . .

Originally posted by Venus!
    Cool sauces that have no or little sodium low fat and no sugar. I used some today and they taste good too
    www.mrspice.com
    I normally don't like ads in forums, but I appreciate this one, Venus - I didn't know you could order these directly. I've been looking for their Honey BBQ sauce for a while - used to get it at Fresh Fields/Whole Foods markets here on the east coast, but they no longer seem to have it.

The interesting things about the Mr. Spice sauces is that most of them are totally sodium free. Most BBQ sauces carry anywhere from 400 to 1500 mg. of sodium per serving, and a serving is usually a couple of tablespoons. With the Mr. Spice, I cover a package of boneless chicken breasts with thin-sliced onions, then dump an entire bottle of the sauce on (no other spices are necessary, since the stuff packs a major wallop - in fact, some people find it too spicy). Then bake it at 350 degrees for 28 minutes (my standard for boneless chicken breasts).

I've also used the Sweet & Sour sauce - much mellower than the Honey BBQ - as well as the Garlic Steak sauce. They're all sodium free, and low to moderate in sugar (the sugars are all natural - primarily honey, molasses, and apple cider vinegar). All have no fat except the Thai Peanut sauce, which has 2 g. per tbl. (peanuts are mucho high in fat anyway).

End of unsolicited hype.

Well I mixed the indian curry sauce today with some water and fat free lactose free yougurt ,cut up some carrots onions sliced 4 chicken breast and 1 small potato and simmered it for 1 hour. Talk about yummy!

azadeam is offline New Member
    Venus,

Thanks for the link! This line of sauces is news to me, good news! When it comes to cooking I could use all the help I can get.
    By the way your curry dish sounds great, can't wait to try it. But hey I thought you ate for function?

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Girl you hit on a winner here!

Venus,
    Thanks for the link. I am about ready to pop over again and make my first order. Thanks for the post. Guy's this link is worth looking at. If any of you see it flaoting to the bottom bump it back up.
    IC

PS. Jason,
    The reciepe section is fine. It is were it belongs anyway.

defdaz is offline Associate Member
    BUMP!

def

Thread Information