Thread: Desserts

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Desserts

Ok I came across this one and it's kinda like a dessert without any fat.

Cinnamon Buns

1 loaf(1 pound) frozen bread dough,thawed
    (if you can't find this I guess you could mix toghther canned bisquits for the dough)
    1 tbsp butter,melted
    1/2 cup packed brown sugar
    2 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 cup icing sugar
    1 oz light cream cheese
    1 tbsp 2% milk (Or fat free if you prefer)

Spray a 9x13 inch baking pan with non-stick spray ans set aside.

Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to a 9x12 inch rectangle. Use your hands to streach dough if necessary. Brush top of dough with 1/2 melted butter. Mix brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle 3/4 sugar mixture over the dough. Spread evenly to edges. Roll up dough jelly-roll style.(You should end up with a 12 inch long loaf)Pinch the edges or ends of loaf to seal. Usinig a very sharp,serrated knife, slice the loaf into 12 equal pieces. Arrange pieces close together in a baking pan. Cover with a kitchen towel and let rise in a warm place until double in size, for about 1 hour.

Just before the dough has finished risisng, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush buns with remaing melted butteramd sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture. Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until puffed up and light golden brown.

While the buns are baking, prepare glaze. In a small bowl, beat together icing sugar, cream cheese, and milk on the high speed using a mixer until smooth. Remove buns from the oven and drizzle with glaze. Serve warm. Cover leftovers with foil or plastic wrap and store at room temperature.

Makes about 12 buns

Deesert contains- 167 calories
    2.9 graqms fat
    .9 grams Sat fat
    4.1 grams of protien
    31.7 carbohydrates
    .8 grams fiber
    3.5 mg cholesterol
    229.6 mg sodium

I have not tried these myself but when I do I plan to try to add a little chcolate protien powder only to a small portion of the reciepe to test the results.
    Tobey

Last edited by Tobey; 09-12-2001 at 07:23 PM.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Once again bro looks good something I can cook with my little un at the weekend

Billy

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    where in the hell is my print button??????

Thread Information