killemall is offline New Member

Question Just got prescribed TOREMIFENE

After a year of medical problems, my testosterone fell in to a really low range ( 320 ). I am 21 years old and relatively healthy, I dont drink or smoke, I'm athletic, and I'm extremely active. But after being sick for so long I felt horrible and the doctor referred me to an endocrinologist. The endo took my blood and said the only thing out of the ordinary was my total testosterone.
    My free testosterone was 2% which the doctor said was normal, but my total testosterone was only 320... The range being from 280 - 1200. He said at my age I should have around 500 - 700 minimum and taking into consideration the way I been feeling etc. he decided to prescribe me toremifene.
    My dosing schedule is 120mg for the 1st 3 days and then 90 mg eod for 2 weeks 60 mg eod for 2 weeks 30 mg eod for 2 weeks.

I was doing some research and came across this website, any input would be appreciate.

DeepB1ue is offline New Member
    wikipedia. org/wiki/Toremifene This you may have found already(the forum will not let me link to it as I have too few posts here as of yet). It appears to be a SERM {selective estrogen receptor modulator} which will affect various different tissues in different ways. To find out more to may wish to search for the ways in which the compound acts, either agonist/antagonist/inverse agonist/superagonist in the various tissues of the human body. Start with looking at the receptor binding affinity for the compound in muscle/bone/fat/ and possibly research for its real life effects over the web, as some people may 'feel' different when ingesting said compound.

Good luck, feeling / being shut down to the extent you consult a doctor about it isn't great by a long chalk.

killemall is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeepB1ue View Post
    wikipedia. org/wiki/Toremifene This you may have found already(the forum will not let me link to it as I have too few posts here as of yet). It appears to be a SERM {selective estrogen receptor modulator} which will affect various different tissues in different ways. To find out more to may wish to search for the ways in which the compound acts, either agonist/antagonist/inverse agonist/superagonist in the various tissues of the human body. Start with looking at the receptor binding affinity for the compound in muscle/bone/fat/ and possibly research for its real life effects over the web, as some people may 'feel' different when ingesting said compound.

Good luck, feeling / being shut down to the extent you consult a doctor about it isn't great by a long chalk.
    Thanks mate, theres not many studies done on patients ingesting toremifene and there hormones but i have see a few and they do seem promising. I'm just trying my best to stay hopeful.

DeepB1ue is offline New Member
    Yes, be hopeful. Tamoxifen (also a SERM) is used reliably by many bodybuilders to raise testosterone levels back to normal or higher, temporarily, and rebalance the endocrine system.

Thread Information