Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Ostarine Only Log (Detailed)

boisebeast is offline Member
    Alright well literally everyone I have talked to so far has given me a different protocol for PCT lol. I'm still waiting to hear back from a couple of people whose opinions I highly respect so we will see what they have to say. After balancing the PCT advice everyone has given me so far, I've slightly tweaked my plan by increasing the clomid a bit. Here is my current dosing:
    Nolva: 40/20/20/20
    Clomid: 25/25/25/25

I took my first PCT dose a few minutes ago. My clomid and nolva are in liquid form and holy sh*t they taste bad. I thought ostarine tasted bad but nolva is quite possibly the worst thing I've ever tasted. The clomid is no treat either... If anyone else reading this wants to chime in on my PCT plan feel free, I'm still open to modifying it. I have to admit that I've gotten a good laugh out of the fact that everyone I've asked has a different opinion on dosage and length... I'll do my normal update tonight. I hope you all have a great day

Hrgaland is offline Junior Member
    I've read on other boards (and one of them was more aatached to medicine area then to BB), they say only light PCT is needed after Ostarine cycle because, as you can see from your bloodwork, your LH and FSH are still in normal range (AAS will kill them too), so recovery is much faster. It's just what I've read.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrgaland
    I've read on other boards (and one of them was more aatached to medicine area then to BB), they say only light PCT is needed after Ostarine cycle because, as you can see from your bloodwork, your LH and FSH are still in normal range (AAS will kill them too), so recovery is much faster. It's just what I've read.
    Yeah I've read the same thing. A lot of people only use DAA or other OTC test boosters. I suspect that doing nolva and a light clomid dose for 4 weeks will be more than necessary for recovery. A lot of people on this forum also make PCT recommendations based on AAS instead of SARMS . I appreciate all feedback though, I want to recover as best as possible-- and thanks for sharing your input!

PCT day 1 - Dose: 40mg nolva and 25mg clomid

Well first day of PCT went fine. Didn't feel any weird side effects or anything. The taste of nolva and clomid is horrible... I've decided on this PCT structure after balancing out the different feedback of a bunch of people:

Nolva: 40/20/20/20
    Clomid: 25/25/25/25

I think this should be more than enough to fully recover. For contrast, the SARMS -specific forums recommend clomid 25/25/25 for PCT after a SARMS triple stack. So not only am I running clomid 25% longer after a much lighter cycle, but I'm also doing a full nolva dosing protocol. I should also mention that I don't feel suppressed at all, no testicular atrophy, my sex drive is through the roof, and no issues whatsoever in the bedroom. I'm going to continue updating the log throughout PCT, partially as a means of keeping track of what day I'm on. If you have any questions about the cycle feel free to ask. I'm going to do a longer write up about my final thoughts on ostarine soon (maybe this weekend since I'll have some time then). Fingers crossed that PCT goes well, I recover fully, and I don't experience any of the horrific side effects that I see pop up in threads sometimes... My best to all of you reading!

bowly is offline Junior Member
    yes boise the hdl protocol works for me..just did a bloodwork yesterday and hdl from 34 has jumped to 42(in range) now..will continue till I touch 70..

pct serm looks good..i see you have upped nolva to 40 and kept clomid at 25 for 1st week which is a good too but read up on nolva 40 vs 20 and if it has any added benefit vs igf which will take a bigger beating @ 40

Quote Originally Posted by bowly View Post
    yes boise the hdl protocol works for me..just did a bloodwork yesterday and hdl from 34 has jumped to 42(in range) now..will continue till I touch 70..

pct serm looks good..i see you have upped nolva to 40 and kept clomid at 25 for 1st week which is a good too but read up on nolva 40 vs 20 and if it has any added benefit vs igf which will take a bigger beating @ 40
    That's great to hear about your cholesterol! I hope that I'll be able to get similar results by cleaning up my diet and implementing some of the tips you had. I will look into the nolva thing, I've heard it hurts IGF levels but don't know much about the risk/return of cutting the dosage. Thanks for bringing that up

PCT day 2 - Dose: 40mg nolva and 25mg clomid

So far so good. I'm still in discussion with a couple of people about the optimal PCT dosage for me, it's comical how everyone has a different protocol to suggest... One thing that kicked in today though is that I look flat! Holy shit the fullness of the ostarine has disappeared fast. I laughed when I woke up and looked in the mirror because there is really just no comparison. Ostarine kept me looking like I had a decent pump at rest, although I didn't find that it increased my pump in the gym much, if at all. The fullness is a bummer to see go away but is really not a big deal overall. I'm waiting to see how I'm feeling at the one week mark of my PCT then I'll make adjustments if necessary. Hepefully I can get my big ostarine write up posted for everyone tomorrow. Have a good night guys

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    I could only suggest, and its for you to decide.

If youre not sure which protocol will work the best for you - same goes with everybody else! They seem like they know only because they believe in what they preach because theyve nailed it by themselves what wirked best for them, but being naive is no excuse, nothing more than giving bad or wrong advice.

If youve researched enough - stick with something and dont change it unless you get some undesirable sides and next time around you could adjust from there. There will always be dozen gurus who claim and swear know it all done it all and so on, but remember to be wiser than this, all that is preached is more less just average baseline, what works for one does not necesarily mean it will work for another, stick to something and find out for yourself, nobody knows your body and well being better than you do.

Keep your mind sharp and strong man.

Good luck with pct

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneMuscle View Post
    I could only suggest, and its for you to decide.

If youre not sure which protocol will work the best for you - same goes with everybody else! They seem like they know only because they believe in what they preach because theyve nailed it by themselves what wirked best for them, but being naive is no excuse, nothing more than giving bad or wrong advice.

If youve researched enough - stick with something and dont change it unless you get some undesirable sides and next time around you could adjust from there. There will always be dozen gurus who claim and swear know it all done it all and so on, but remember to be wiser than this, all that is preached is more less just average baseline, what works for one does not necesarily mean it will work for another, stick to something and find out for yourself, nobody knows your body and well being better than you do.

Keep your mind sharp and strong man.

Good luck with pct
    Very, very wise words. With experience undoubtedly comes knowledge. Thanks for the post.

PCT day 3 - Dose: 40mg nolva and 30mg clomid

Clomid dose upped to 30mg today. For some reason my heart rate jumped up after I took my PCT meds this morning and stayed high for a good 30 minutes. It seemed to be higher than usual for many hours afterward, I'm not sure if it's related or not... So far so good on the side effects. Although I did notice that I was getting way more aggressive today. I got a frustrating email from work and I was pissed off, probably more than I should have been. It ended up translating to a great back and biceps workout though. Again, not sure if related to the PCT meds...

One really important thing I noticed today: I threw in a couple of light sets of overhead rope extensions during my workout and my elbow joints are back to hurting like hell once again! It seems like the ostarine lubricated my joints or kept inflammation down or something because it's like I just reverted right back to before the ostarine cycle. Very, very frustrating and disappointing... I was hoping the healing effect would at least last for a while, but it seems that it may have been a temporary effect of the ostarine. It's 3:30am and I need to be getting to sleep earlier than this... sleep is always a weakness for me. My best to all of you

PCT day 4 - Dose: 40mg nolva and 30mg clomid

Nothing much to add guys. Everything is going smoothly. I know I slacked and didn't get my write up for ostarine done yet, I promise to get it out soon
    Last edited by boisebeast; 05-24-2016 at 02:06 AM.

My Final Opinion of Ostarine

My cycle: 7.5 weeks
    First half: 15mg, Second half: 17.5mg
    Starting weight: 163.3
    Ending weight: 166.6
    Net gain: +3.3 pounds
    Estimated lean mass gain: +2.0 pounds

All right guys, I’m going to break this down into a few sections. It’s hard give this compound an overall rating so I’ll rate it for specific things, being: Mass gain, fat loss, injury healing, fullness, and strength.

Mass gain: If you’ve been following along with the log, you’d know that I was bulking during this cycle. Ostarine was hyped up to be one of the best SARMs for adding lean mass. My opinion… it fell completely flat of its reputation. Now keep in mind that I was only running this at 17.5mg, but I only put on maybe 2 pounds of lean mass from the whole cycle. My diet and training were dialed in tight, but unfortunately I just didn’t see the lean mass benefits that this compound was hyped up to have. I give ostarine a 2/10 for mass gain.

Fat loss: I’d like to comment on this aspect but unfortunately I only experienced this compound while bulking. I can say that when bulking, it was very slightly useful for inhibiting fat gain. In my experience, 4/10 for fat loss/prevention.

Injury healing: Here is where this gets good. Ostarine shined massively in this department. My joints were in BAD shape before the cycle, and when I was on, the injuries became unnoticeable by the 2 week mark. Now for the bad news… as soon as I came off, I started feeling the injuries as badly as I had been before. Ostarine seemed to have either a lubricating or anti-inflammatory effect on my joints. The fact that it didn’t last post cycle though, drops its rating in this department. If it had lasted, I’d give it a 9/10, but since it didn’t I give it a 6/10 for joint healing.

Fullness: Once again, ostarine shines brightly in this department. Although it didn’t seem to affect my pump in the gym, there was a blatant pump effect caused by ostarine that made me look like I had a decent pump 24/7. In retrospect, this was probably my favorite aspect of this drug. Much like other effects, this disappeared as soon as my cycle ended. Obviously I didn’t expect this to last though… for fullness, ostarine gets an 8/10.

Strength: Another disappointment here guys. I didn’t notice any significant strength gains at all, at least nothing beyond the normal strength gain from 7 weeks of bulking. Strength gets a 0/10

Negative effects:
    Setting aside the testosterone suppression which I’ll mention next, the biggest negative effect of ostarine was the cholesterol effect. Ostarine lowered my good cholesterol and raised my bad cholesterol… both very badly. If you have bad or borderline cholesterol to begin with, do not consider ostarine.

Extent of suppression:
    From 550 total test to 187 total test (blood test taken at 7.5 week mark). Ostarine is FAR more suppressive than thought… I’m convinced the low suppression hype is a complete marketing ploy. Someone who ran the recommended dose of 25mg for the same length of my cycle would be either shut down or nearly shut down.

Overall Impressions:
    Ostarine is an incredibly mild drug that is far overhyped in terms of positive effects, and highly understated for negative effects. Between the huge hit to my cholesterol and testosterone production, the two pounds of lean mass was not worth it. The only time I would recommend ostarine is for joint relief, but only if you are on TRT (perhaps it would help balance out the negative joint effects of GH or winstrol ). If I could do it again, I would not run this cycle. It did me more harm than good. If you’re looking for quality mass or strength gains, look elsewhere. This does not even compare remotely to AAS. Don’t waste your time, money, or health with this compound. I understand that some of you may disagree, but please understand that this is just my opinion. Perhaps it would be more effective at 25mg, but I suspect that the negative effects would be far more severe than I encountered.

NOTE: If there are any other questions that I can answer about my cycle, please let me know so that I can get you a response. My FULL bloodwork can be found a few posts up.

I would just like to say thank you to everyone who has followed and supported me with this log. This community is so helpful, supportive, and unlike any other on the Internet. Although I plan on taking time off after PCT, I suspect that I will be back to run another compound at some point—in which case I will log it again. I will continue to update my log until my PCT is completed, and then I will post my post-PCT bloodwork (will be done two months after my PCT is finished). If you stop following the log here, a sincere thank you and I hope that you found this log educational. If you continue to follow throughout my PCT, I look forward to hearing your comments.

Best to you all, stay healthy

BoiseBeast
    Last edited by boisebeast; 05-23-2016 at 03:51 AM.
    wellshii and DocToxin8 like this.

good writeup,

I can give one piece of advice if you want to try get your sleep back in sync.
    Get some melatonin pills and take few hours before the time you want to go to bed.

I'd choose 3mg dose and adjust from there, of course on empty stomach and take good amount of water with it. I ran it before for a few days/weeks until I felt normal and every other time I go out of sync with day/night timing, and once you begin to feel you start want to go to bed naturally at appropriate time its the time you should stop taking it and effects last as long as your discipline. It also helps alot when I have limited short amount of time left to sleep (before flight etc) I may have 3-4h window after a long day and I get brilliant deep sleep with the help of this and feel powerful and recovered on waking, also helps ton with jet-lag.

Just an idea, it helped me, and I see no reason it wont help you.

good writeup,

I can give one piece of advice if you want to try get your sleep back in sync.
    Get some melatonin pills and take few hours before the time you want to go to bed.

I'd choose 3mg dose and adjust from there, of course on empty stomach and take good amount of water with it. I ran it before for a few days/weeks until I felt normal and every other time I go out of sync with day/night timing, and once you begin to feel you start want to go to bed naturally at appropriate time its the time you should stop taking it and effects last as long as your discipline. It also helps alot when I have limited short amount of time left to sleep (before flight etc) I may have 3-4h window after a long day and I get brilliant deep sleep with the help of this and feel powerful and recovered on waking, also helps ton with jet-lag.

Just an idea, it helped me, and I see no reason it wont help you.
    That's a great suggestion. I think I'm going to order some melatonin right now. As I write this it's almost 4am... my sleep schedule is horrendous. Thanks for the tip, I'll let you know how it works!
    InternalFire likes this.

no problem man, I remember the first time I tried it I had not felt anything for first 3 days, then discontinued it because I got pissed off due to no effect, also I took 1.5mg at the time, then I was reading on about it alot, and few more days I jumped on it again, it seems I was so screwed in the head regards melatonin natural production I needed to cycle this for few weeks before I started to get benefit. It did resulted few days in me feeling heavy/groggy/sleepy during the day in that period of first few weeks, but as my body adjusted I soon started feel more and more amazing every morning, and found myself naturally feeling sleepy before I even took melatonin as a nightly routing, thats when I stopped it for few months and I was like a new man for good time after, then again, work, travels, stress, coffee/redbull stims like this, all added up later and I got out of sync again, introduced melatonin again and then it only took me few days to bounce back to normal circadian rhythm, so I found it to be really beneficial. Like I mentioned before, you must stick with something to find if it works for you and how well. I know some people get real sensitive and respond better to lower doses of melatonin, some require way higher doses.
    My tip would be - find best price per miligram bottle, as they come in capsules you can open them and if you have precision scales (you should) you can dose it down as you feel required. I found bogger capsules packs cost much less MG vs MG as smaller dose capsules.

Good luck

no problem man, I remember the first time I tried it I had not felt anything for first 3 days, then discontinued it because I got pissed off due to no effect, also I took 1.5mg at the time, then I was reading on about it alot, and few more days I jumped on it again, it seems I was so screwed in the head regards melatonin natural production I needed to cycle this for few weeks before I started to get benefit. It did resulted few days in me feeling heavy/groggy/sleepy during the day in that period of first few weeks, but as my body adjusted I soon started feel more and more amazing every morning, and found myself naturally feeling sleepy before I even took melatonin as a nightly routing, thats when I stopped it for few months and I was like a new man for good time after, then again, work, travels, stress, coffee/redbull stims like this, all added up later and I got out of sync again, introduced melatonin again and then it only took me few days to bounce back to normal circadian rhythm, so I found it to be really beneficial. Like I mentioned before, you must stick with something to find if it works for you and how well. I know some people get real sensitive and respond better to lower doses of melatonin, some require way higher doses.
    My tip would be - find best price per miligram bottle, as they come in capsules you can open them and if you have precision scales (you should) you can dose it down as you feel required. I found bogger capsules packs cost much less MG vs MG as smaller dose capsules.

Good luck
    Thanks man, I appreciate the advice. I just ordered some that comes in 5mg tablets. I'll be sure to give it sufficient time to kick in. I may shoot you a PM if I have questions though, if you don't mind that is . I look forward to trying it! Alright I'm off to bed now, have a good night!

I dont mind, have a good rest

If you did not catch my big wrap up post about ostarine, be sure to check it out: post #132

PCT day 5 - Dose: 40mg nolva and 30mg clomid

Day 5 went well. No big issues, although I feel that I'm holding a little bit of water. I have to admit, my diet the last two days has fairly decent, but not as good as usual. I have been slacking and need to get back on the train before I fall off completely. I have however been striving for cholesterol improvement. I am optimistic for a great improvement to be reflected in my post-PCT bloodwork. I will also be upping the clomid dose to 35mg tomorrow since I haven't run into any side effects yet. I don't know how realistic it is, but I'd love to bring my natural T levels back up over the 550 mark which I had before the cycle.

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    You stil feel ok with your 200 ng/dl?

Quote Originally Posted by Silabolin
    You stil feel ok with your 200 ng/dl?
    I honestly feel great in every aspect. My sex drive is through the roof as usual, the PCT drugs haven't changed it one way or the other. No mental effects, I feel super sharp-- not foggy at all as some people with low test report. No weird depression thoughts going on either. It seems like I should be encountering some really negative side effects with only 187 total test, but I feel great. No idea why (maybe youth on my side?) but I can't complain.

How's your cycle going by the way? I haven't seen you update your log in the SARMs section

If you did not catch my big wrap up post about ostarine, be sure to check it out: post #132

PCT day 6 - Dose: 40mg nolva and 35mg clomid

Clomid dose was upped to 35mg today. I don't know what it was but I felt extra good today. My workout was tremendous this morning. I was lifting more than I usually do on nearly all of my lifts and my pump was insane. Somehow it's like my physique got kicked back into overdrive because was looking full and DRY today. Diet was 100% back on track today as well. Yeah so anyway good day... Hope that we all get one of those days again tomorrow. Goodnight everyone

kpowers is offline New Member
    Nice log. Maybe I missed it, you were taking the liquid form correct?
    Thanks for the write up.

Quote Originally Posted by kpowers
    Nice log. Maybe I missed it, you were taking the liquid form correct? Thanks for the write up.
    Thank you! Yes I was taking the liquid form

PCT day 7 - Dose: 40mg nolva and 35mg clomid

Well everyone, week 1 of PCT is done and it has gone really well. I may continue to up the clomid dose, I'll keep you posted. The first couple of days off cycle I felt like I looked horrible, but I think I've balanced back out. Wish I had more to add, but I don't. Goodnight everyone

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    nolva/clomid pct will be ok. But the main issue is whether its fake or not. My pct last summer didnt work. Fu.ckers out there who sell fake pct should be hanged. Hang`em high. My Lh and Fsh were close to zero 4 weks into it. If it was fake or due to elevated prolactin i stil dont know.
    My levels came back the hard way but it was slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Silabolin
    nolva/clomid pct will be ok. But the main issue is whether its fake or not. My pct last summer didnt work. Fu.ckers out there who sell fake pct should be hanged. Hang`em high. My Lh and Fsh were close to zero 4 weks into it. If it was fake or due to elevated prolactin i stil dont know. My levels came back the hard way but it was slow.
    Anyone selling fake PCT is a compete scumbag. That must have bee a nightmare when you realized. Thankfully I get all of my stuff from the same source who's been good to me the last few years so I (hopefully) won't have that issue

why not specialize your search efforts and find source who is definitely specializing in pharm grade ancillaries such as PCT and HCG ? I know its hard find, but it exists. Saves the hassle of uncertainty of "what will happen" with that or this specific set of stuff. It takes time snd effort but its not a rocket science to find some.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneMuscle
    why not specialize your search efforts and find source who is definitely specializing in pharm grade ancillaries such as PCT and HCG? I know its hard find, but it exists. Saves the hassle of uncertainty of "what will happen" with that or this specific set of stuff. It takes time snd effort but its not a rocket science to find some.
    I will potentially look into that depending on how my bloods look after PCT. My source is very reputable though and I have no reason to believe that my PCT drugs aren't high quality. I'm not a big fan of searching around for sources if it's not needed... So many scammers and fake reviews out there. Sucks that this has to be a black market, such a misunderstanding of steroids and associated drugs on the public's behalf, at least in the U.S. On a side note, my melatonin just came in so I'm going to go pick it up! I'm excited to try it
    InternalFire likes this.

Good stuff man, the main part with melatonin, have window of ~2h after your last meal when you take it ~30min-1h before bed, I found out the hard way if I still had food in stomach melatonin somehow went trough my body real slow and next day I would feel shitty, like hungover. So empty stomach good amount of water and just sit around for up to few hours until you feel little sleepy then go hit the night.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneMuscle
    Good stuff man, the main part with melatonin, have window of ~2h after your last meal when you take it ~30min-1h before bed, I found out the hard way if I still had food in stomach melatonin somehow went trough my body real slow and next day I would feel shitty, like hungover. So empty stomach good amount of water and just sit around for up to few hours until you feel little sleepy then go hit the night.
    Thanks man that's a great suggestion! I've been trying to move my workouts to mornings which has worked great, except I go to bed too late and only end up with about 6 hours of a sleep per night. Hopefully this, alongside some discipline, can help me fix my ridiculous schedule. Much appreciated advice!
    InternalFire likes this.

PCT day 8 - Dose: 40mg nolva and 40mg clomid

Upped the clomid to 40mgs. Still feeling okay, can't tell if it was messing with my mood today or not... Still looking hard and dry, I forgot to weigh in this morning so I'll try when I wake up. I'm about to head to bed, I tried some melatonin tonight at the suggestion of InsaneMuscle, and I'm already yawning. Have a great night everyone
    InternalFire likes this.

PCT day 9 - Dose: 40mg nolva and 40mg clomid

Had an excellent chest and tri's workout today. I'm really enjoying the morning workouts! Looking hard/dry/full and feeling pretty good overall. Not a bad PCT experience so far, fingers crossed that is stays this way. Goodnight guys

PCT day 10 - Dose: 40mg nolva and 40mg clomid

I forgot to weigh in again this morning lol, sorry guys. I'm not used to eating right when I get up because I've never gone to the gym in the morning before (I've been getting up and eating then remembering I was supposed to weigh in). I will try really hard to remember tomorrow but it was refeed day today so it may not be accurate. 40mg clomid seems to be about the right dose for now. I was definitely feeling emotional today, damn estrogen lol. Did back and biceps today, it was a good workout although a bit rushed because I had family visiting. Don't think there's anything else to add... see you all tomorrow

PCT day 11 - Dose: 40mg nolva and 40mg clomid

Weighed in at 167.6 this morning which seems pretty reasonable. It's possible that I was retaining a little bit of water, but at this point it's hard to say for sure. I had a great legs and shoulders workout today weight was flying up effortlessly. If anything, I feel that I've gotten stronger post-cycle... tomorrow is my rest day and the gym is closed for holiday anyway. I have to say, I'm really enjoying my morning workouts. That's about it for today guys, I'm coming up on the halfway mark for PCT and so far so good.

keep an eye how does melatonin supplementation works on your sleep patterns, good log.

keep an eye how does melatonin supplementation works on your sleep patterns, good log.
    So far huge benefits. I've been getting to bed 2+ hours earlier than usual and I feel like my patterns are much more regulated. Loving this stuff so far

PCT day 12 - Dose: 40mg nolva and 45mg clomid

Upped the dose of clomid to 45mg. I think I'll try to keep it running at 50mg ED for the second half of my PCT. Today was off day so not a lot of action going on. Catch you all tomorrow

kpowers is offline New Member
    I took melatonin while in college many times to help me sleep. It definitely helps to "quiet" the mind. It doesn't knock you out or anything like ambien but during stressful times when the mind is racing it is very useful.

Quote Originally Posted by kpowers View Post
    I took melatonin while in college many times to help me sleep. It definitely helps to "quiet" the mind. It doesn't knock you out or anything like ambien but during stressful times when the mind is racing it is very useful.
    My experience has been very similar so far. I also have noticed very, very vivid dreams every night

PCT day 13 - Dose: 40mg nolva and 45mg clomid

Had to leave my workout about 30 minutes early today because I realized my work had changed my schedule and I was late... Didn't quite get to finish triceps but I'll add some to the end of my back/bis workout tomorrow (always makes for an insane pump that way anyway). Not sure if it was the clomid/nolva but my testicles were aching for hours today. Anyway I'm trying to get to bed super early tonight (before 11:30) because I have to get up at 6 in order to get my workout in. Goodnight everyone

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information