Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Ostarine Only Log (Detailed)

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Good log.

Hope some guys learn how useless and harmfull is this compound. 2lbs in 7 weeks can easily be gained naturally, some may even argue that a lot more could be gained specially at your body weight.

Testes pain is normal during PCT, you are restarting them.

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    Ah Mr.BB, no need for more salt over the wound, its obvious and folk aint stupid to miss that, and I can only hope people with much less experience will stumble uppon this log and learn their lesson before burning themselves.

I am almost certain OPs gains will be phenomenally increased after pct is over and body takes over what it was supposed to do all along.

Aching testes is a great sign that your pct is working. Pay attention over next few weeks everyday how much they will drop hang lower naturally and how much they will increase in volume too. Get yourself in to boxers and loose type trousers to promote testes restart party. Best part is after your pct when your body is primed with natural test and takes over, hopefully maintaining boosted testicle function. And I wont be surprised when in the future people will trend on running just pct for greater gains/low risk factor with much better success rates than of those with sarms .

Good tip to outrun testicle pain/discomfort. Do more long-light cardio sessions on elliptical or treadmill, movements as such I found naturally massaged gonads and discomfort/pain vanished almost completely.
    Last edited by InternalFire; 06-01-2016 at 06:24 AM.

boisebeast is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Good log.

Hope some guys learn how useless and harmfull is this compound. 2lbs in 7 weeks can easily be gained naturally, some may even argue that a lot more could be gained specially at your body weight.

Testes pain is normal during PCT, you are restarting them.
    Good to know about the testes pain, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneMuscle View Post
    Ah Mr.BB, no need for more salt over the wound, its obvious and folk aint stupid to miss that, and I can only hope people with much less experience will stumble uppon this log and learn their lesson before burning themselves.

I am almost certain OPs gains will be phenomenally increased after pct is over and body takes over what it was supposed to do all along.

Aching testes is a great sign that your pct is working. Pay attention over next few weeks everyday how much they will drop hang lower naturally and how much they will increase in volume too. Get yourself in to boxers and loose type trousers to promote testes restart party. Best part is after your pct when your body is primed with natural test and takes over, hopefully maintaining boosted testicle function. And I wont be surprised when in the future people will trend on running just pct for greater gains/low risk factor with much better success rates than of those with sarms .

Good tip to outrun testicle pain/discomfort. Do more long-light cardio sessions on elliptical or treadmill, movements as such I found naturally massaged gonads and discomfort/pain vanished almost completely.
    I already feel this way honestly. My test levels were on the lower end of the spectrum to begin with so with a little luck, after PCT they will be up a bit higher than when I began. I'm getting stronger during PCT which I find a bit odd but I can't complain, the PCT drugs seem to be helping more than the ostarine. Thanks for the tips on the testes pain, I'll give that a shot
    InternalFire likes this.

PCT day 14 - Dose: 40mg nolva and 47.5mg clomid

Increased the clomid slightly to get closer to the 50mg mark. Tomorrow I'll hit that mark. I'm thinking about doing a 5th week of clomid since I was running a lower dose the first week and still a bit low the second. I feel good, making better strength gains than when I was on ostarine and I'm looking just as hard still. Alright I got out of bed to update the log because I realized I'd forgotten to do so, so I'm heading back to sleep now. Goodnight guys
    InternalFire likes this.

Based on my personal research I could recommend do your PCT cycle as planned, and if you feel you want to keep on going, only go with clomid standalone, but reduce dosing to 12.5mg ED or 25mg EOD, to avoid sides that eventually creep it. Headache, some vision problems etc. (on discontinuation sides reverse/go away, but tend to return when reintroducing clomid again) I have found alot people instead of going on injectable TRT often spend years on clomid to support healthy levels of testosterone in their body's to a great degree of success. However, note that clomid has its own hand at lowering IGF1 levels in your body so while you may maintain your strength and looks, it does not necessarily mean that you will build muscled fast or recover quicker. However, I would count on clomid if I had to chose from being lowT with no other options and clomid.
    boisebeast likes this.

Based on my personal research I could recommend do your PCT cycle as planned, and if you feel you want to keep on going, only go with clomid standalone, but reduce dosing to 12.5mg ED or 25mg EOD, to avoid sides that eventually creep it. Headache, some vision problems etc. (on discontinuation sides reverse/go away, but tend to return when reintroducing clomid again) I have found alot people instead of going on injectable TRT often spend years on clomid to support healthy levels of testosterone in their body's to a great degree of success. However, note that clomid has its own hand at lowering IGF1 levels in your body so while you may maintain your strength and looks, it does not necessarily mean that you will build muscled fast or recover quicker. However, I would count on clomid if I had to chose from being lowT with no other options and clomid.
    My intent with the extra week of clomid was purely for recovery purposes. Don't get me wrong, my PCT seems to be going well but I'm not making any crazy gains. I will definitely look into how an extra week might affect me, great point about the IGF levels. I would actually really like to know how long it takes your body to regenerate it's IGF levels after PCT... I have some IGF-LR3 on hand, although last time I tried to shoot it, it ended up badly.
    InternalFire likes this.

PCT day 15 - Dose: 20mg nolva and 50mg clomid

Alright guys, the halfway mark of PCT has been reached. My nolva dose is now cut down to 20mg ED and the clomid will remain at 50mg for the remainder of my PCT. Insane muscle raised a really good question, I'm not sure if anyone happens to know the answer to it, but how long does it take for your body to recuperate its IGF levels after finishing PCT? I'll probably do some research on that tomorrow afternoon. Off to bed now, hitting chest and tri's in the morning! I hope everyone has a great Friday!
    InternalFire likes this.

Both clomid and nolva reduce serum IGF1 and serum GH. But really wouldnt worry too much about it, although serum IGF1 (endocrine) has some anabolic properties it is much less powerfull than testosterone , local (autocrine) IGF1 is much more important. (The relative importance of endocrine versus autocrine/paracrine insulin-like growth factor-I in the regulation of body growth. - PubMed - NCBI)
    InternalFire and boisebeast like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Both clomid and nolva reduce serum IGF1 and serum GH. But really wouldnt worry too much about it, although serum IGF1 (endocrine) has some anabolic properties it is much less powerfull than testosterone , local (autocrine) IGF1 is much more important. (The relative importance of endocrine versus autocrine/paracrine insulin-like growth factor-I in the regulation of body growth. - PubMed - NCBI)
    Thank you for the information! That looks really interesting, I will check it out!

PCT day 16 - Dose: 20mg nolva and 50mg clomid

Usually I wait until bed to update but I figure I'll just do it now. Just got done with my chest and tri's workout. My strength is really going up for some reason. Throughout my whole cycle, I was doing sets of 8 with 90 pound dumbbells for incline dumbbell press. In the last week alone, that has jumped up to 100 pound dumbbells. I have also added 10 pounds to my decline barbell bench. I haven't been gaining weight either, today I weighed in at 166.7. Can't complain, it's just a bit unexpected.

There is also something that I feel I need to mention. In my big review of ostarine, I commented that its healing effects seemed to disappear after ending my cycle: after two weeks on PCT, I feel that the healing effects have actually persisted. It seems that when I cycled off, there was an increase in inflammation temporarily, but I would say that for the most part, I have retained the joint repair effects of ostarine after my cycle.
    InternalFire and elastica like this.

PCT day 17 - Dose: 20mg nolva and 50mg clomid

Well today was refeed day and boy did I eat a lot. This week took some extra willpower to stay strict on my diet, but I managed. Today for freed though, I had carbs on carbs on carbs. As a result, I had an absolutely insane pump from my back and shoulders routine. It's pretty amazing what carb loading can do. Now at the end of the day though, I look bloated and awful lol. I think this big refeed day will help carry me into another week of good, strict dieting though. PCT seems to be going well, but it is hard to say for sure until I get a blood test in a few months. I'm off to bed, have a good night everyone

PCT day 18 - Dose: 20mg nolva and 50mg clomid

Good legs and shoulders workout tonight. Im excited that I'm on the downhill stretch of PCT now. Tomorrow is my rest day I wish I didn't need an to take a day off, but I feel that my body benefits massively from it. Don't think I have anything else to add right now. I hope everyone has a good start to their week.
    InternalFire likes this.

PCT day 19 - Dose: 20mg nolva and 50mg clomid

Rest day is over! I am excited to get to bed so that I can wake up and train chest and tris. My sleep schedule has been completely overhauled. I've been getting an extra hour to an hour and a half of sleep every night for the last week. I think that this is going to massively help my recovery and translate to some good gains. Huge shoutout again to InsaneMuscle for recommending the melatonin to me. If anyone is trying to get on a better sleep schedule but struggled to get to bed earlier, I highly suggest giving it a try. I take 5mg one hour before I plan on going to bed and I sleep like a baby. Not only that, but I find it's much easier to fall asleep... it used to take me about 20-30 minutes to fall asleep and now I'm out in 5 or less. I think that sleep is a massively underrated factor in the recipe for muscle growth. Anyway I'm going to wind down for the night and get to bed soon. I'm already looking forward to my post-PCT bloodwork as I think that my diet changes will have a profound effect on my cholesterol. I'm really hoping to see my testosterone levels return to normal too. I haven't experienced any side effects related to low T, but it's still a worry in the back of my mind. Time will tell though. Goodnight everyone

Awesome progress and very pleased to see good results and good experience coming from melatonin supplementation, keep rockin man!
    boisebeast likes this.

PCT day 20 - Dose: 20mg nolva and 50mg clomid

Strength continued to go up with my chest and tris workout today. Something about pressing movement strength increasing is especially satisfying. Don't think I have much else to add, tomorrow marks the third week of PCT so I am happy to be hitting that checkpoint.

PCT day 21 - Dose: 20mg nolva and 55mg clomid

Upped the clomid a little bit. I figure since it's my last week of PCT, I'd increase the dosage to help offset the lower clomid dose that I was running week 1. I still am feeling good. During my workout today, I did have some unusual joint pain or muscle aches (I couldn't tell which) in my elbow area for both arms. I think it may be from the previous day's chest workout where I was pushing heavier weight that I'm used to, and my body is just adapting. That's about it for today. We've almost made it to the weekend guys! Catch you all tomorrow

PCT day 22 - Dose: 20mg nolva and 55mg clomid

Decent shoulders and legs workout tonight, but nothing to write home about. Tomorrow will be my refeed day for the week and I'm hoping it will give me a great boost for my chest and triceps workout. Just chugging along through my PCT, really looking forward to being done (although it's been a totally good experience). It will just be nice to be off all the drugs for a little while. Catch you tomorrow

PCT day 23 - Dose: 20mg nolva and 55mg clomid Haven't posted a pic in a while so I took one post workout. I hit chest and tris today, wasn't quite as good as last chest day but still a pretty good workout. I forgot to mention that I weighed in at 167.1 lbs yesterday. I'd really like to try to add another 10 pounds of lean mass before I start cycling with test. I don't know if that's possible or not since I've been training for nearly 5 years, but I think it's a good goal to aim for. Maybe if my PCT protocol brings up my test levels above what they were pre osta cycle it will be a possibility. Anyway here's the pic for you all (no filters or edits, but I did draw on the picture to make it unsearchable in case I ever post it somewhere). Hope everyone had a great friday
    Last edited by boisebeast; 02-19-2017 at 01:00 AM.

Man you look well! Very good, keep on grinding, years of training well visible.

I suspect post pct you should recover well and you can hit extra weight in a year using tweaks with diet.

Man you look well! Very good, keep on grinding, years of training well visible.

I suspect post pct you should recover well and you can hit extra weight in a year using tweaks with diet.
    Thanks man, very nice of you to say. I hope you're right, I'd love to add some more size naturally!

PCT day 24 - Dose: 20mg nolva and 55mg clomid

Killer back and biceps workout, one of those perfect workouts that you can't complain about at all. I love the pump I get from back and biceps, you really just can't beat it. I'm feeling good health-wise, I think cleaning up my diet (to help improve my cholesterol) has made me feel better in general. Just a few more days of PCT to go. Even though the ostarine was kind of a waste of time, it's been a really good experience overall and I think it will be valuable should I decide to cycle with AAS in the future. Headed to bed now, goodnight everyone!

PCT day 25 - Dose: 20mg nolva and 55mg clomid

Down to the last 3 days of PCT! Woohoo! Good legs and shoulders workout tonight. I've been upping my calories by 100-200 per day to hopefully put on some lean mass as my test levels rise from the PCT. That's all I've got for you tonight, tomorrow is rest day-- catch you all tomorrow.

PCT day 26 - Dose: 20mg nolva and 55mg clomid

Today was rest day, but tomorrow morning I'll be back in the gym smashing chest and triceps. Can't wait to get back in there! Also can't wait to get bloodwork done in a couple of months, it will be very telling...

PCT day 27 - Dose: 20mg nolva and 55mg clomid

Tomorrow is the last day guys! Hit chest and tris today for a fairly solid workout. My strength wasn't quite as good as my last couple of workouts but it's still going up so I can't complain too much. My favorite pre workout looks like it may have been discontinued so I ordered a new one which I will try out tomorrow morning! Can't wait to see how it goes. I will catch you guys tomorrow for my final PCT update, see you all then!

PCT day 28 - Dose: 20mg nolva and 55mg clomid ***PCT COMPLETE WOOHOO***

Andddd it's a wrap. PCT is complete and I am feeling great and healthy. I will be getting bloodwork done about two months from now so sometime in mid to late august. I will definitely be back to post my blood results here in the log. Now that PCT is over, I will try to get one more final weigh in within the next couple of days so keep a lookout for that. That will probably be the last update I post until I get my bloodwork done, unless someone bumps the thread with a question. I'll see be around on the forum, I''m always lurking and I check PM's if anyone reading this has a specific question. See you guys (hopefully) tomorrow with a final weigh in, if not then I'll get my final weight posted as soon as I can get an accurate reading.

Weighed in at 166.6 for my post-PCT weigh in today. This will probably be my last update until I get my bloodwork done in a couple of months. See you all then!
    InternalFire likes this.

fineBody is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for your effort!

So finally, would you recommend using Osta as a bridge between AS cycles, at least to keep gains and feel pumped?

Quote Originally Posted by fineBody View Post
    Thanks for your effort!

So finally, would you recommend using Osta as a bridge between AS cycles, at least to keep gains and feel pumped?
    Even at my very conservative dose, it was highly suppressive. I feel that using it as a bridge would be detrimental to hormone recovery. Furthermore, its effects on cholesterol were pretty astounding-- in a bad way. Everyone I've seen that's logged it recently and monitored their cholesterol has seen a large, negative impact from ostarine. Generally AAS would negatively impact cholesterol on its own, so I would think that adding ostarine into the mix would be dangerous. The only thing I would recommend ostarine for is for injury healing-- where I have to admit it shined brightly.

I will be going in for bloodwork tomorrow morning guys. Getting the same done as last time (lipids/cholesterol + total test being the two notable things). I will post the results here when I get them back (2-3 days from tomorrow most likely). I'm hoping to see cholesterol levels back in range and my total test at at least 550 (what is was in pre-cycle bloods).

And the blood results are in! The news is good everyone. Cholesterol has returned back to normal ranges (although could still be continued to be improved, though it was high in my pre-bloods anyway so it's basically returned to the same values as pre-cycle). Testosterone has almost returned to pre-cycle levels. Total test was 550 pre cycle and is 522 now. Pretty happy with that although I have to admit I was hoping to see over 550. Can't really complain though. I will probably start up some DAA again in the hopes of raising it back the rest of the way, I've been off of it since my cycle because I didn't want to take any drugs that could possibly interfere with my blood test results. Please feel free to comment on these test results or ask any questions if you have them.

My final thoughts on ostarine: If you are looking for AAS type results, ostarine will NOT give you anything even remotely close by any stretch of the imagination. I gained maybe 2-3 pounds of lean mass, but to get that I took a dangerous hit to my cholesterol and risked permanent damage to my HPTA. In the end, I realized that this cycle was a mistake for myself. The only redeeming factor is that others will be able to learn from my log and bloodwork and see for themselves that this compound is NOT USEFUL for mass or strength gains. The only benefit I have reaped myself is significant injury healing. My tendonitis and joint problems massively improved on cycle and that has persisted post cycle (though the first week off was a bit rough to adjust). The only time I would ever consider using ostarine again is for its healing purposes, but I would run it at a MAXIMUM of 12.5mg/day.

I plan to stay off of any suppressive drugs for at LEAST another year, but probably longer. The only drug I'll be running in the meantime is clen when I start my next cut. The world of bodybuilding drugs is convoluted and complex; dipping my toes in has been an interesting learning experience. Thanks one more time to this board of awesome people, I will remain present on the forum in the AAS section and also respond to PM's if anyone has personal questions.

Bloodwork:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-08-15 at 11.37.41 AM.jpg 
Views:	869 
Size:	163.0 KB 
ID:	164941

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-08-15 at 11.37.51 AM.jpg 
Views:	750 
Size:	160.3 KB 
ID:	164940
    Last edited by boisebeast; 08-15-2016 at 11:50 AM.

Steroidman99 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boisebeast View Post
    My final thoughts on ostarine: If you are looking for AAS type results, ostarine will NOT give you anything even remotely close by any stretch of the imagination. I gained maybe 2-3 pounds of lean mass, but to get that I took a dangerous hit to my cholesterol and risked permanent damage to my HPTA. In the end, I realized that this cycle was a mistake for myself. The only redeeming factor is that others will be able to learn from my log and bloodwork and see for themselves that this compound is NOT USEFUL for mass or strength gains. The only benefit I have reaped myself is significant injury healing. My tendonitis and joint problems massively improved on cycle and that has persisted post cycle (though the first week off was a bit rough to adjust). The only time I would ever consider using ostarine again is for its healing purposes, but I would run it at a MAXIMUM of 12.5mg/day.

My words. In 2010-2011, I was using 40-50 mg Andarine (S-4) during PCT after Anavar cycles, and it was quite good. I even gained some strength during PCT, without any significant interferring with my testosterone , liver values and cholesterol.

In February 2012, I was using 20-30 mg Ostarine during PCT, but I felt nothing special. I even accused the poor Chinese manufacturer, who had sent me Ostarine powder, that it was fake. Blood tests were even more shocking. Although my testosterone was slightly increasing, my ALT levels skyrocketed and after 3 weeks, they were twice higher than the maximum limit. And my HDL cholesterol was even slightly worse than after the Anavar cycle. I thought that it was some toxic Chinese crap - not knowing that these "great results" are the standard that I can expect from real Ostarine.

In the summer of 2012, I was again using Ostarine (10-15 mg/day) with Andarine (30-40 mg/day) as a standalone cycle, this time from a reliable internet source, but the results were barely noticeable. My liver enzymes again went up and what is worse, something wrong happened with my hormones, because despite using 5% minoxidil and finasteride, several weeks after the cycle my hair loss renewed after 16 years again. I was forced to jump on dutasteride, which I have been using until today.

In summary, this drug is a colossal failure. Remember that they were testing only very small doses (up to 3 mg/daily) in clinical trials, and even these small doses forced some volunteers to withdraw from the trial due to elevated liver enzymes. Why not to use the good old Anavar instead? It won't burn a hole into your liver, cholesterol will be the same, and the results will be much better.
    Last edited by Steroidman99; 08-20-2016 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroidman99 View Post
    In the summer of 2012, I was again using Ostarine (10-15 mg/day) with Andarine (30-40 mg/day) as a standalone cycle, this time from a reliable internet source, but the results were barely noticeable. My liver enzymes again went up and what is worse, something wrong happened with my hormones, because despite using 5% minoxidil and finasteride, several weeks after the cycle my hair loss renewed after 16 years again. I was forced to jump on dutasteride, which I have been using until today.
    This is a classical side effect of oral cycles. The lack of testosterone leads to low DHT, leaving the body craving this needed androgen and build up of the enzyme 5alpha reductase. Upon HPTA restart, a lot of the newly produced testosterone gets converted to DHT causing high DHT, responsible for the alopecia.

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I see the misconception about steroids and cholesterol all the time. If your diet and supplementation are on point your cholesterol honestly should not be out of whack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Mp859 View Post
    I see the misconception about steroids and cholesterol all the time. If your diet and supplementation are on point your cholesterol honestly should not be out of whack.

Documentation?

Steroidman99 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mp859 View Post

You won't prevent it. HDL-cholesterol will decrease to 50% of the normal level and LDL-cholesterol can increase 3-times.

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silabolin View Post
    Documentation?
    The documentation is my routine bloodwork.

wellshii is offline Member
    Very Awesome. Write ups need to be like this always. Blood Work done after PCT?

Quote Originally Posted by wellshii
    Very Awesome. Write ups need to be like this always. Blood Work done after PCT?
    Thank you. And yes, blood work was done 8 weeks after finishing PCT if I'm remembering correctly

KevinB714 is offline New Member
    do you have before and after pictures

deadliftkarma is offline New Member
    very nice log

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information