bigjayo is offline Associate Member

holy crap help....anyone experienced this?

Alright guys, I'm starting to freak out here. I am on test e/500mg a week, its 4 week and just starting to kick in. I had an insane chest workout. I couldn't get 295 2times last week and this week I got 320 up 5 times. Anyway about half way through my vision started "fogging up" everything now has a haze to it. I took my contacts out as I thought that might be the problem, no luck. I can see fine but everything has a fog to it that isn't really there. Btw, its 30min after my work out now, I thought it might be heat exhaustion so I took a cold shower. Should also be noted, I take caffeine before I work out, 200mg. I am taking hawthorn berry also as I thought it might be my BP? I don't feel weak, hell I feel strong as can be, but my vision is weird. Any help is appreciated, if it keeps this up I'm going to the ER.

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    Looks like your test is kickin' in -- can't wait for that feeling again.

Nearly going blind b/c of a haze in my vision is the test kicking in? This is my first cycle, and the gains are coming non stop, but I've NEVER had anything like this, given it is only week 4 and I'm a big guy, maybe it took that long to kick in. Seriously though, everytime I move some good weight I'm gonna have fogged vision? Surely this cannot be the case, I've never read of this in relation to test enth.

I'm beginning to think maybe the guy who posted about the test is right. It's now 2 hours after workout, my vision is fine. I ate a bunch of carbs and protein b/c I thought maybe my carb restricted diet was causing it. I dunno, so this could possible happen everytime I get pumped? I feel like the hulk, the hulk who cannot see what he's lifting .

AnabolicAlien Guest

ummmm...

last time i heard of something like that happening the guy got a detached retina. you should go get checked out. if you detach your retina you could go blind!

A.A.

V_Xsucks is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjayo
    Alright guys, I'm starting to freak out here. I am on test e/500mg a week, its 4 week and just starting to kick in. I had an insane chest workout. I couldn't get 295 2times last week and this week I got 320 up 5 times. Anyway about half way through my vision started "fogging up" everything now has a haze to it. I took my contacts out as I thought that might be the problem, no luck. I can see fine but everything has a fog to it that isn't really there. Btw, its 30min after my work out now, I thought it might be heat exhaustion so I took a cold shower. Should also be noted, I take caffeine before I work out, 200mg. I am taking hawthorn berry also as I thought it might be my BP? I don't feel weak, hell I feel strong as can be, but my vision is weird. Any help is appreciated, if it keeps this up I'm going to the ER.

Quit Drinking

joevette is offline Banned
    I'd get it checked by a doc, bro. Your vison isn't something to mess around with.

SportsMedVIP is offline Anabolic Member
    Nearly going blind b/c of a haze in my vision is the test kicking in? This is my first cycle, and the gains are coming non stop, but I've NEVER had anything like this, given it is only week 4 and I'm a big guy, maybe it took that long to kick in. Seriously though, everytime I move some good weight I'm gonna have fogged vision? Surely this cannot be the case, I've never read of this in relation to test enth.
    I can't tell you what's wrong but I can tell you it's nothing normal. As in it's not just the test kicking in. It may be related but it's no standard fair to go blind on cycle.

Ok thanks guys, I didn't think it was normal. But it did go away after the workout and I ate. SO maybe it was related to exhaustion(I hadn't eaten before my workout, just one protein shake) and I usually workout in constrictive clothing(trying to cut weight faster).

SportsMedVIP is offline Anabolic Member
    Ok thanks guys, I didn't think it was normal. But it did go away after the workout and I ate. SO maybe it was related to exhaustion(I hadn't eaten before my workout, just one protein shake) and I usually workout in constrictive clothing(trying to cut weight faster).
    Well I'd say if it happens again definitely go see the doctor. It would be best to see them while the problem is happenning so I'd say hit the ER if it does flare up again. Otherwise with an appointment the doc may not catch the problem.

Yea that's what I'm thinking. If it does happen again, I'll go to the doctor. But I know what I'm going to hear "steroids this blah blah". It'll make his life easier to just tell me the juice is causing it.On a second thought I've been running E+C stack 2 or 3 times each week to keep my weight down and that could have sent my BP through the roof. Guess I'll wait till I'm off cycle to my major cutting(I was trying to cut with this cycle also). I didn't think it would be a problem though, I am doing EC stack one time a day(in the morning, 200mg caff, 25mg E), but maybe it is the culprit. Dunno, cold shower + food = no more vision problems.

Tribex is offline Associate Member
    possible you were just straining urself gettin the weight up? Sounds silly, but it just might be. When you lift heavy like that, are you breathing during the rep? Could be related.
    On the other note, glad to hear ur test has kicked in. I'm in early week 3 and cant wait for mine to.

Hey bro,

TO be honest about your question, I don't know if I breath deeply or not, I just do my thing and hope for the best. I do struggle a lot though usually when I do bench, but I don't think I struggled too much today. Not sure that makes sense, but usually I'm hoping for 295lbs 2 or 3 times(in my last set, going as heavy as I can), and today I think I did 320 5 or 6 times. Which is INSANE for me, that's about a 30lb increase in a week and a half's time. I was getting gains from week 2 till now(few extra reps here and there), but I guess it really could take a good 4 or 5 weeks for full test effects b/c today's workout hit like a lightning storm. I was pumped and just kept going, which is one reason I think possibly exhaustion led to my eye problems. I hope your test kicks in bro, it's amazing once it does. I have my arm workout tomorrow, I'll see if I have any more crazy weight increases and see if this eye problem returns.

Tribex is offline Associate Member
    Got arms tomorrow too haha, gotta love it. And when it does kick in, its the f*ckin best.

Keep up posted on how things go tomorrow...

REV
    REV is offline New Member
    It's probably your blood pressure mate.
    A similar thing happened to me on my last cycle, but not at the gym though.
    I had a UNI exam so I stayed up studying most of the night and took in alot of cafene
    and during the exam my vision turned blury. lasted for half a day, went to the doc and my blood pressure was heeps high, he said it was hypertension.

Try training without the caffiene, you don't need to put ya body under more pressure then it already is from all the exat weight your lifting and the gear kicking in. I know for me when I train on gear if I take caffiene I get the redest face after sets, dizziness and headaches.

215 is offline Associate Member
    Dr appointment

znak is offline Senior Member

I had this problem and it was a detached retina. What happens is that the pressure on the little capillaries on the retina start leaking an create a bulge between the retina and the eye. The bulge creates the "fog" you are seeing since the focus in your eye has changes.

Usually you would not notice it unless it happens in the back of your eye where your primary vision is.

Go to your eye doc. Tell him you have tons of stress in your life (no need to tell him about roid, since the problem is really from blood pressure). They will inject a dye into your arm, give you a dialator and then film the leakage in your eye through a microscope. You will actually see what happened.

Good news it that it repairs itself, bad news is that you have to STOP caffeine and any other suppliement that you take for fat burning and take a bit longer between sets.

Seriously, go see an eye doctor.

REV
    REV is offline New Member
    bigjayo throw in an asprin each day, it will help thin your blood and help with the blood pressure.

and yea go see a doctor, cause high blood pressure can also strain a blood vessel in ya head and can realy stuff the rest of your cycle up. You won't be able to train without massive migraines etc so go see a doctor about it and take steps to treat it.

kaorialfred is offline Member
    I think I had that also. Yet it happend when ever , been a year or two. Got checked for BP and diabetic test. Nothing. Didn't acutally think about going to the eye dr. Haven't had an episode lately.
    Take care of your self.

hey guys,

thanks for all the helpful information. An undate: I lifted arms today, my strength was through the roof and no vision problems. But I did drop my E/C/Y stack and will save it for after my PCT is done to cut up a little bit. I have a feeling it was the ECY affecting my blood pressure b/c I took a **** load of hawthorn berry and some asprin as suggested and everything was fine. Also, my father had a detached retina as a young man, so I am possibly at risk. I was also keeping my contacts in wayyyyyyyyy too long to the point my eyes would hurt and sometimes pulse(start twitching), so I'm working on that too. BTW, to all concerned, DO NOT RUN E/C/Y stacks during cycle, it has created nothing but problems for me even in moderate doses(1 caff, 1 E, 1Y per day, very light as far as dosing goes). My blood pressure just cannot take it. As for the eye doctor, I've got an appointment scheduled in about a month for a regular exam and I'm defiently going to mention my encounter. Thanks for everybody who helped out and was concerned enough to reply.

Cheers,

JayO

Deviant78 is offline New Member
    It could be due to high blood pressure. I would check your bp daily while on roids. Also, if you have been wearing your contacts too long, it could have caused your cornea to become edemetous and swell, causing temporary foggy vision. If it happens again, I would definitely go see the eye doc. Good luck.

1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member
    That happens to me too, my vision sort of "fogs up" when I exert myself in a workout. I wear contacts too but its not that... its weird anyway, happend even more when I was using Dbol .

central443 is offline New Member

Question ???

Just curious what brand of test are you using?

artcien is offline Junior Member
    A carb restricted diet can produce fogging vision while intense workout, is very common, will not take long for your blood sugars levels to get dangerously low.

IMO you should go not only to the eye doctor but also to a regular doc.

hey guys,

yea I was on a low carb diet, kinda trying to use this cycle as a cutter, but I guess its not going too well. As I said, my workout was fine today, this is after eating oatmeal and carbing up. As far as test, it's homebrew 250mg/ml but tested at 279mg/ml by the 'chemist', haha. I'm loving it so far, no sides at all, but I usually run nolvadex 20mg every couple of days, or even 10mg every other day, just which ever I feel like doing. This is my first 'real' inject. cycle, i did an oral with anavar , gained 30lbs on bench, lost everything i gained. But let me stress this again, I even read on this website that ECY should be fine on cycle, well it wasn't for me and nearly caused my blindness. Becareful guys, juicing can be fun and worthwhile but not at the cost of serious health problems. B/c I know the initial test raised my bp, then the ecy just sent it sky high, and the low carb wasn't helping. Guess I still gotta get that idea outta my head to BULK/CUT at the same time, and do them seperately. B/c if I had half a brain in my head I would have realized some of my gains have been hendered b/c of a lack of carbs and fat. To all who posted, thanks a million. BTW, what is the cheapest way to check my BP daily on cycle?(like a device you guys would recommend and price ). I usually check it at walmart and various health food stores who have the BP machine.

UrbanDawg is offline Banned
    lucky SOB.. enjoy it .. yeah you are in the zone baby - it does not get any better.1 word of caution.. dont jump in big increment of weight ... force your self to only increase by 10 or 15 # and just let the reps increase.

Trust me on this one - patience is the best approach to strength increases.

One thing you dont want is az strained/pulled/torn tendon . Mucles increase much much faster than tendons.

Last edited by UrbanDawg; 08-25-2004 at 05:58 PM.

Urbandawg,

Hey bro I am trying not to jump weight too quickly but here at week 4 this test seems to have hit pretty strong. All my weight's have gone up. But I am trying to keep my mindset and not just doing huge increases. For example today I was doing bis/tri's and I couldnt curl 50lbs dumbs 4 weeks ago, today I attempted and got up 80lbs curling(correct curling, not throwing my shoulder and using my back like tons of idiots do) but I felt that was WAYYY too much weight for me to be pushing so I eased it back to 60lbs dumbs for sets of 12 and then worked my way down. It is kind of hard ego wise to know you can lift bigger weight but not too, might sound stupid but it's true. I just have to remember to try and watch the weight. But yea my bench day was insane, I usually do 225 12 times, 255 10times 260 6times 285 or 290 2 times, on Monday I started 235lbs 14 times, jumped to 280lbs hit it 8 times, jumped to 305 did it 6 times, then 320 and did it 5 times clean and 6th rep and 7th as negatives. I was very impressed on only 500mg test e. Hell I don't even think I could bench 3 plates(315) the prior week. And yes I already learned from your words of wisedom, I hurt my back last week doing bent rows from rapid strength increase but obviously there are somethings in my back that don't appreciate it

Cheers,

JayO

BigPoppaV is offline Associate Member
    Be careful dude, that's exactly how I lost my vision for nearly 6 months, those are the exact symptoms I had, and I wasn't breathing correctly either, next thing I knew I was 80% blind, blood vessels in my eyes couldn't take it, and coincidentally enough it was during benching as well, I was moving similar weight, around 350 or something (this was 3 years ago)

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    had a similar symptom to this I was doing military presses seated and on the eighth rep, I was pushing hard, And was also on a gram of test per week I got the taste of blood in my mouth and my vision blurred and I got light headed for about 5 minutes. Scared the **** out of me I thought I was going to have a heart attack. So I settled down and lowered the test dose by half. I asked around and found out that at that point in the lift my blood pressure was so high that it burst some blood vessels in my head and it was draining into my mouth. I will not be lifting to that extreme a point again.

Thread Information