xderekx is offline Associate Member

pre-loading syringes

sup bros?
    i am currently saucing w sust250, 125mgs EOD. i pre-load the amp in the syringe & inject 1/2 the solution. After completed, i sterilize the tip of the syringe with isopropyl alcohol & cap it immediately with the needle "sheild". Now, here's my question: is it "sanitary" to use the syringe more than once even after cleansing? i 've been noticing more pain then second time around with the syringe. thoughts & opinions would be greatly asppreciated...

yours truly in juicing,
    xderekx

seanw is offline Banned
    I wouldnt do it that way because when you aspirate you might be pulling fluid back into the syringe. I would draw up what you need into one syringe and shoot that, and then draw up the left overs into another syringe for the next shot. Its not worth risking your health for the sake of a few cheap syringes.

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xderekx
    i 've been noticing more pain then second time around with the syringe. thoughts & opinions would be greatly asppreciated...

yours truly in juicing,
    xderekx

That's because the pin has started to "shred". (For the lack of a better term)

There are a few threads with pics of what pins look like after being used mutliple times.

seanw is offline Banned
    Now after what Diesel has said I am confused. Are you saying you are reusing the same needle ? Thats the sharp thing that you attach to the syringe.

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Derek, don't re-use your syringes OR your needles. As Sean said, you could be drawing up small amounts of biological matter, which would not be a good thing to re-inject two days later. The pain, as Diesel says, is caused by a dull pin. Rigs are cheap, and pins alone are really cheap. Load your two rigs, get them nice and equal, change pins, cap one rig, shoot one. You will find your shot even less painful when you draw with one pin and change it for a fresh one before shooting. Touching the sides or bottom of the amp with the pin will dull it, no matter how careful you are. Try it. If you don't have spare pins, just cannibalize from another syringe and try it out and notice the difference. I bet within the hour you are ordering a box of 23ga 1-1/2" pins for shooting.

seanw:

what if i keep the solution in the syringe & just change the tip?

keep in mind, i'm using 1 syringe per 1 amp...then garbage. two shots per amp.

<---love juicing & maneuvering through obstacles

Quote Originally Posted by The Baron
    Derek, don't re-use your syringes OR your needles. As Sean said, you could be drawing up small amounts of biological matter, which would not be a good thing to re-inject two days later. The pain, as Diesel says, is caused by a dull pin. Rigs are cheap, and pins alone are really cheap. Load your two rigs, get them nice and equal, change pins, cap one rig, shoot one. You will find your shot even less painful when you draw with one pin and change it for a fresh one before shooting. Touching the sides or bottom of the amp with the pin will dull it, no matter how careful you are. Try it. If you don't have spare pins, just cannibalize from another syringe and try it out and notice the difference. I bet within the hour you are ordering a box of 23ga 1-1/2" pins for shooting.
    gotcha...
    (shoulder feels like someone hit me with a 2 x 4)
    better to be safe than sorry...

Shoulder? You might try a 25ga pin but delt shots always hurt a bit. Why not inject into your glutes?

I don't think you got it about the syringe. When you first get the pin in deep into the muscle, you are supposed to draw back on the plunger until you see vaccuum bubbles form in the barrel. Hold for a few seconds to see if any blood appears in the barrel. If not, you release the plunger and then slowly push the plunger in to inject.

Obviously, then, aspirating, which is basically taking a suction from within the injection site, will suck up traces of lymphatic fluid and cellular matter, as well as minute traces of blood too small to see. So if you inject half of the contents of the rig, roughly half of any microscopic debris is left in the syringe. NOT GOOD. You don't want to inject that, two days later! For multiple site injections in one sitting, no big deal. For storing until next shot day, it is a big deal and a violation of normal, standard, safe injection protocol. Please don't do that! You are increasing your risk of an abscess. Almost invariably an abscess will force you to go see a doc or even the emergency room to have it treated. They don't just "go away". The immune system is not equipped to get into an actual abscess and defeat it as it can an ordinary infection, because there is no significant blood or lymphatic circulation within it. You can store s pre-loaded syringe for a few days, no biggie. But you MUST NOT inject half of what is in a syringe, and save the remainder to inject two days later!

Shoulder? You might try a 25ga pin but delt shots always hurt a bit. Why not inject into your glutes?

I don't think you got it about the syringe. When you first get the pin in deep into the muscle, you are supposed to draw back on the plunger until you see vaccuum bubbles form in the barrel. Hold for a few seconds to see if any blood appears in the barrel. If not, you release the plunger and then slowly push the plunger in to inject.

Obviously, then, aspirating, which is basically taking a suction from within the injection site, will suck up traces of lymphatic fluid and cellular matter, as well as minute traces of blood too small to see. So if you inject half of the contents of the rig, roughly half of any microscopic debris is left in the syringe. NOT GOOD. You don't want to inject that, two days later! For multiple site injections in one sitting, no big deal. For storing until next shot day, it is a big deal and a violation of normal, standard, safe injection protocol. Please don't do that! You are increasing your risk of an abscess. Almost invariably an abscess will force you to go see a doc or even the emergency room to have it treated. They don't just "go away". The immune system is not equipped to get into an actual abscess and defeat it as it can an ordinary infection, because there is no significant blood or lymphatic circulation within it. You can store s pre-loaded syringe for a few days, no biggie. But you MUST NOT inject half of what is in a syringe, and save the remainder to inject two days later!
    understood...
    thanks for the aspirating tip, personally, i have never done so. always just jab, juice, massage. never took the time out to aspirate . this is my fourth cycle & i have never had problems...just blood from the injection site on a few occasions after the shot..but thats it.
    as far as glute shots...i rotate between glutes & shoulders cause EOD shots kinda get to you after a while, ecspecially in the same muscle. are site injections better for "icing the cake" on the involved muscle? or as long as the sauce is in your system, it doesnt matter?

franklin is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xderekx
    sup bros?
    i am currently saucing w sust250, 125mgs EOD. i pre-load the amp in the syringe & inject 1/2 the solution. After completed, i sterilize the tip of the syringe with isopropyl alcohol & cap it immediately with the needle "sheild". Now, here's my question: is it "sanitary" to use the syringe more than once even after cleansing? i 've been noticing more pain then second time around with the syringe. thoughts & opinions would be greatly asppreciated...

yours truly in juicing,
    xderekx
    OK. Here's probably one of the most sanitary ways to do it:

Go to http://www.getpinz.com and pick up some .20u Whtman filters, 10 ml syringes, empty presealed vials, and lots of pins and 3ml syringes (you can never have too many of those). Then every time you crack open an amp, draw half the gear into your syringe and inject. With a new syringe pull out the rest of the gear and inject it into a presealed sterilized vial. After you've done this at most twenty times (at which point your vial should have 10ml of sust), draw up all the oil from the vial into a 10ml syring and run it through a .20u whatman filter and into a different vial. Bake it at 250F for about half an hour and then presto: you have a vial of sterile gear ready for injection.

QED

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member

Obviously, then, aspirating, which is basically taking a suction from within the injection site, will suck up traces of lymphatic fluid and cellular matter, as well as minute traces of blood too small to see. So if you inject half of the contents of the rig, roughly half of any microscopic debris is left in the syringe. NOT GOOD. You don't want to inject that, two days later! For multiple site injections in one sitting, no big deal. !
    Didn't think of it in that light...'tis enough for me.

Nice call Baron

dtr98 is offline Member
    was going to mt sust from amps to vial, is this step necessary or can i just put into a vial?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by franklin
    OK. Here's probably one of the most sanitary ways to do it:

Go to http://www.get****.com and pick up some .20u Whtman filters, 10 ml syringes, empty presealed vials, and lots of pins and 3ml syringes (you can never have too many of those). Then every time you crack open an amp, draw half the gear into your syringe and inject. With a new syringe pull out the rest of the gear and inject it into a presealed sterilized vial. After you've done this at most twenty times (at which point your vial should have 10ml of sust), draw up all the oil from the vial into a 10ml syring and run it through a .20u whatman filter and into a different vial. Bake it at 250F for about half an hour and then presto: you have a vial of sterile gear ready for injection.

QED

Quote Originally Posted by dtr98
    was going to mt sust from amps to vial, is this step necessary or can i just put into a vial?
    thanks
    You MUST filter! But the easier way to do this, with less waste, would be to open all of your amps and pour into a vial big enough to hold everything, then apply stopper and seal or else one of those stoppers with the fold-over flange that doesn't require a seal to hold it on. Next, draw up 10ml from that first vial with a 10ml syringe. Use a 21ga needle or bigger. Unscrew the syringe from the needle and leave it stuck in the vial, with the tip above the level of the liquid. Screw on a whatman (.22) and then a needle, 21ga or 23ga. You don't want to use an 18ga because it tears up the stopper too bad. Stick this rig into a sterile 10ml or 20ml vial. Stick another needle, a small one, maybe 25ga, in through the stopper as a vent. Now push the gear in the syringe through the filter and into the sterile jug. If the jug is not full, unscrew the syringe from the filter and leave the filter and needle stick in the vial, and then screw the syringe onto the needle that you left in the first jug. Draw up your gear, and repeat. The drawing needle stays in the first jug. The filter and needle stay in one of the jugs you are filling. So you draw up the unfiltered gear with just the drawing needle, and then squirt it into the final containers through the filter. Be sure to always wipe the stopper good with alcohol before sticking it.

This method will allow you to easily process 20 or 30 amps of sust with just one filter, one syringe, and three needles. There is no need to bake. If you are paranoid, add 1% by volume of BA. For 50ml of sust, that would be .5cc. For 20ml, .2cc. There is no need for this since sust already has a lot of BA in it, but if you are noid about microbes it is better to add unneccessary BA than to bake it in unneccessary heat. The BA already in the gear is sufficient, though. After filtering and letting it set for a week, your gear will essentially be just as safe as it was before you ever cracked an amp open.

If you are really anal about it, you can also re-stopper and re-seal the filled jugs. Ideally this would be done in a clean room environment, but that is cost prohibitive for most of us. I simply turn off the AC and fans for a few hours to let household dust settle, wipe and sanitize all my work surfaces, take a shower, put on a surgical cap and mask, and during all this prep, my new stoppers have been soaking in a BA bath, top side up. My seals and crimper are clean and close at hand. I tear off the old seals, being careful not to disturb the stoppers just yet. Next, with each jug in turn, I pick up the new stopper by the rim with clean fingers, shake off the excess BA without ever turning the stopper upside down, position the new stopper next to the vial, and quickly remove the old stopper and stick the new one in. The gear is exposed to the atmosphere for less than a second and I figure this is good enough for my personal use. After restoppering all the vials, I put the seals on and crimp them securely with my trusty Wheatons. Now I have intact stoppers and seals on all vials and it all looks very professional, and no chance of leaks or contamination through the stopper.

If you don't re-stopper, then store your filled vials upside up, covered, in a clean place free of light or temperature extremes.

The advantages of this method are obvious. You only mess with the amps once. You never have to draw a shot from an amp. You always draw, for your shot, from a multi-use vial and you can tailor your dosage without regard to arbitrary limitations like using half of and amp, a third of an amp, etc. This makes ED or EOD injections of sust very practical. I suspect that ED sust shots would be quite effective indeed, but who wants to preload all those syringes, or do an amp per day?

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    syringes and sharps are cheap, just use a new one everytime

dtr98 is offline Member
    thank you sir, looks like i have some stuff to order, was going to try home brewing soon.

QUOTE=The Baron]You MUST filter! But the easier way to do this, with less waste, would be to open all of your amps and pour into a vial big enough to hold everything, then apply stopper and seal or else one of those stoppers with the fold-over flange that doesn't require a seal to hold it on. Next, draw up 10ml from that first vial with a 10ml syringe. Use a 21ga needle or bigger. Unscrew the syringe from the needle and leave it stuck in the vial, with the tip above the level of the liquid. Screw on a whatman (.22) and then a needle, 21ga or 23ga. You don't want to use an 18ga because it tears up the stopper too bad. Stick this rig into a sterile 10ml or 20ml vial. Stick another needle, a small one, maybe 25ga, in through the stopper as a vent. Now push the gear in the syringe through the filter and into the sterile jug. If the jug is not full, unscrew the syringe from the filter and leave the filter and needle stick in the vial, and then screw the syringe onto the needle that you left in the first jug. Draw up your gear, and repeat. The drawing needle stays in the first jug. The filter and needle stay in one of the jugs you are filling. So you draw up the unfiltered gear with just the drawing needle, and then squirt it into the final containers through the filter. Be sure to always wipe the stopper good with alcohol before sticking it.

This method will allow you to easily process 20 or 30 amps of sust with just one filter, one syringe, and three needles. There is no need to bake. If you are paranoid, add 1% by volume of BA. For 50ml of sust, that would be .5cc. For 20ml, .2cc. There is no need for this since sust already has a lot of BA in it, but if you are noid about microbes it is better to add unneccessary BA than to bake it in unneccessary heat. The BA already in the gear is sufficient, though. After filtering and letting it set for a week, your gear will essentially be just as safe as it was before you ever cracked an amp open.

If you are really anal about it, you can also re-stopper and re-seal the filled jugs. Ideally this would be done in a clean room environment, but that is cost prohibitive for most of us. I simply turn off the AC and fans for a few hours to let household dust settle, wipe and sanitize all my work surfaces, take a shower, put on a surgical cap and mask, and during all this prep, my new stoppers have been soaking in a BA bath, top side up. My seals and crimper are clean and close at hand. I tear off the old seals, being careful not to disturb the stoppers just yet. Next, with each jug in turn, I pick up the new stopper by the rim with clean fingers, shake off the excess BA without ever turning the stopper upside down, position the new stopper next to the vial, and quickly remove the old stopper and stick the new one in. The gear is exposed to the atmosphere for less than a second and I figure this is good enough for my personal use. After restoppering all the vials, I put the seals on and crimp them securely with my trusty Wheatons. Now I have intact stoppers and seals on all vials and it all looks very professional, and no chance of leaks or contamination through the stopper.

If you don't re-stopper, then store your filled vials upside up, covered, in a clean place free of light or temperature extremes.

The advantages of this method are obvious. You only mess with the amps once. You never have to draw a shot from an amp. You always draw, for your shot, from a multi-use vial and you can tailor your dosage without regard to arbitrary limitations like using half of and amp, a third of an amp, etc. This makes ED or EOD injections of sust very practical. I suspect that ED sust shots would be quite effective indeed, but who wants to preload all those syringes, or do an amp per day?[/QUOTE]

Thread Information