BHarper is offline Junior Member

Muscle relaxers for back spasms, need suggestions

Posting here cuz this forum get ALOT more viewing than any of the others.

Here is the question, What are the strongest muscle relaxers? I have several herniated discs in my back and the muscles around them go into spasms all the time so I'm perscribed them by the doc. Flexeril didn't do anything for me, then they gave me Skelaxin. i didn't notice much with this either, and I got somewhat of a rash from it. Now I'm on zanaflex. I liked these at first, but they don't seem to be doing nearly as much anymore. I know there are stronger ones out there, anyone know what they are? I've heard of Baclofen but I thikn the zanaflex are stronger. My doc doesn't mind switching my meds and we are pretty close, so asking for something won't sound strange. So anyone know what is better than zanaflex? Maybe something that last longer?

Thanks for any help guys..

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    soma

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anaBROLIC
    soma
    350mg of soma (I prefer to throw in 5mg of valium as well)

I've tried soma and it isn't all that great. Zanaflex is stronger, but I've built a tolerance to it. has anyone ever heard of doxipine? I think there is something like that.???

you must have a high tollerance cuz i'll pop like 3 or those orange 5mg flexi's and it gives me this walking zombie narcotic feeling, and then boom i'm out like a light. good luck with the back mang. This may be a bad suggestion but you could try some 10mg or 20mg OC's.

I have pain med too for when it gets bad but i don't like taking them all the time. I also hate the thought of surgery. I'm doing rehab now but it seems to make it worse sometimes

Perrypup is offline Associate Member
    dude when i jacked a disk in my back i would take 2 codine, 2 soma and drink 5 or 6 beers then wy wife would pour me in the bed no pain for 2 or 3 wonderful hours ----then bam i would move from my coma and start hurting again... i know this isnt much help but it gives relief for a little bit.

Puffader is offline Senior Member
    I have 2 herniated disks in my lower back. 600mg advil and i tough it out. Taking all that crap will only make matters worse. Been there, done that. Stay away from the narcotics..

Perrypup is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffader
    I have 2 herniated disks in my lower back. 600mg advil and i tough it out. Taking all that crap will only make matters worse. Been there, done that. Stay away from the narcotics..
    Good luck with all that there is no way i could have done it without meds--call me a puss but i could barely walk and i had to go to work it dont pay so well to sit at the house and get fired...

Thread Information