Defconx3 is offline Member

Thinning hair line, what route to take?

Hey guys,

I am in the middle of my Test / Primobolan summer cycle and I have noticed that my hair line appears to be thinning. Because of that I began using Nizoral shampoo and Topical Spironolactone 5% on the specific area every night. It appears to be slowing down, but still slowly progressing. I am not sure if the topical spironolactone is effective in blocking the DHT receptor sites from the primobolan since it is a synthetic DHT, is it?

I want to make sure that it stops, because the hair at this point has just became thin, which leads me to believe that post cycle after my hormones return to normal my hair will probably thicken again. My family does not have a history of male baldness, so hopefully that will be the case.

Is there anything else that I should do. I was thinking of adding saw palmetto into my supplements, and taking it through PCT for a few months. Also I thought that there was some sort of systemic DHT blocker that was effective against synthetic DHT analogues.

I suppose that I could just go off of my cycle into PCT but I am really seeing some amazing things happening right now so I would much rather stay on for another 2-3 weeks, even if I have to drop the primobolan and run it with only the test. I am taking test at 600mg/wk and Primo at 600mg/wk.

Thanks you guys

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Defconx3
    Hey guys,

I am in the middle of my Test / Primobolan summer cycle and I have noticed that my hair line appears to be thinning. Because of that I began using Nizoral shampoo and Topical Spironolactone 5% on the specific area every night. It appears to be slowing down, but still slowly progressing. I am not sure if the topical spironolactone is effective in blocking the DHT receptor sites from the primobolan since it is a synthetic DHT, is it?

I want to make sure that it stops, because the hair at this point has just became thin, which leads me to believe that post cycle after my hormones return to normal my hair will probably thicken again. My family does not have a history of male baldness, so hopefully that will be the case.

Is there anything else that I should do. I was thinking of adding saw palmetto into my supplements, and taking it through PCT for a few months. Also I thought that there was some sort of systemic DHT blocker that was effective against synthetic DHT analogues.

I suppose that I could just go off of my cycle into PCT but I am really seeing some amazing things happening right now so I would much rather stay on for another 2-3 weeks, even if I have to drop the primobolan and run it with only the test. I am taking test at 600mg/wk and Primo at 600mg/wk.

Thanks you guys
    The route to take is shave your head, your prone theres nothing you can do except maybe slightly slow the process down abit with certain products

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    The route to take is shave your head, your prone theres nothing you can do except maybe slightly slow the process down abit with certain products
    Thats the thing, i have not had issues in my previous cycles and my family does not have a history of male pattern baldness. Unfortunately for me I like my hair, what would be the best course of action besides resorting to removing all my hair.

Thats the thing, i have not had issues in my previous cycles and my family does not have a history of male pattern baldness. Unfortunately for me I like my hair, what would be the best course of action besides resorting to removing all my hair.
    Its obvious when you take AAS you start to lose your hair......so take your pick either stop cycling or shave your head.

Its obvious when you take AAS you start to lose your hair......so take your pick either stop cycling or shave your head.
    Ok, but there are other options such as using DHT inhibitors to at least strongly delay it, I was hoping you would give me some insight torwards that end. It seems as though you are treating this question like it is a stupid one, I think its a valid question, and I was hoping that someone with a bit more experience such as you would be willing to give me some good advice.

Read my previous post, infact i will copy it for you because you do not read so good- The route to take is shave your head, your prone theres nothing you can do except maybe slightly slow the process down abit with certain products

yes you can slow the process down but the end result is if your going to use AAS your going to lose your hair because your prone to it, you can slow the process down with certain products but thats it slightly slow it down you will not stop it,

How many more times would you like me to say it to you, or is it becasue am not saying what you what to hear??

Now pull your neck in and read it because no one is going to say use this certain product and it will totally stop all your hairloss,

one more time if you didnt understand- either stop taking AAS or shave your hair if you want to totally stop hairloss

vitor is offline Anabolic Member
    Proscar/Dutasteride will block testosterones conversion to DHT in the scalp(however, test will still bind to the androgen-recepter in the scalp), and Nizoral-shampoo will remove some androgens in the scalp.

These to products will help to slow it down. But if youre prone, you have to take it very easy with steroids , or get a hair-transplant.

Deca is the one aas that wont hurt you b/c of its conversion to DHN, thrue the 5ar, which has very weak affinty in the scalp/skin. But using Deca alone is not very pleasent.

Ok, I understand the point which you are making. Either get off or its going to get worse.

What do you think about dropping the primobolan and keeping the test at 600/wk, while supplementing with finasteride. That would eliminate the dht from the primobolan (since its a dht itself), and the test dht would be eliminated by the finasteride. The remaining DHT at the receptor sites would be competing with the topical Spironolactone.

In theory it should work, what do you think?

Ok, I understand the point which you are making. Either get off or its going to get worse.

What do you think about dropping the primobolan and keeping the test at 600/wk, while supplementing with finasteride. That would eliminate the dht from the primobolan (since its a dht itself), and the test dht would be eliminated by the finasteride. The remaining DHT at the receptor sites would be competing with the topical Spironolactone.

In theory it should work, what do you think?
    It will defently help alot, thats for sure.

But its not yust the DHT that promotes hairloss. Its an androgenic thing, and all androgens bind to the androgen-recepter in the scalp, the same way they bind to the AR-recepter in the muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor
    Proscar/Dutasteride will block testosterones conversion to DHT in the scalp(however, test will still bind to the androgen-recepter in the scalp), and Nizoral-shampoo will remove some androgens in the scalp.

These to products will help to slow it down. But if youre prone, you have to take it very easy with steroids, or get a hair-transplant.
    Deca is the one aas that wont hurt you b/c of its conversion to DHN, thrue the 5ar, which has very weak affinty in the scalp/skin. But using Deca alone is not very pleasent.
    another answer or is it the same one

another answer or is it the same one
    I guess its the same one, with a twist... lol

beuleux is offline Banned
    this might help... http://www.hatsoffhair.com/

MoneyAddyct is offline Member
    I never had a problem with hairloss until I took tren . After that even compounds that NEVER gave me hairloss in the past made me lose a tremendous amount of hair. I had to stop a deca /test/dbol cycle (which never gave me a problem in the past) 8 days into it because the hairloss was just too much. Since I've been off the gear my hair is looking a little thicker. I've been using Nizoral 1%, Nioxin Shampoo + Conditioner and finasteride (which, coupled with deca, may have promoted the hairloss a little to begin with, not sure.) I don't know if the hairline will re-grow at all. There's really nothing you can do other than wait. As for me, no more juice until I don't care about my hair anymore.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Test, EQ, tbol are a few AAS choices that are hair safe compounds with 5-AR inhibitors like finastride and dutastride. I know from experience. I also paid big money for a hair transplant so I would not risk my investment if I didn't know what I was taking.

So Marcus you are not entirely correct when it comes to MPB and selective AAS use.

rise2gr8ness is offline Junior Member
    ok, i have had problems just like yours and got my hair line back. I wasn't easy and it took about 300 bucks using only the best root stimuators etc...

Check some of my replies I helped a guy out like you and he was very thankfull

now back to the point, get off the primo asap, it will keep you shedding for 4-6 weeks after your last injection, thats how it affected me anyway

get avodart instead of propecia, it can take up 6 months to start working in your system

dutastride/avodart only needs 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    Test, EQ, tbol are a few AAS choices that are hair safe compounds with 5-AR inhibitors like finastride and dutastride. I know from experience. I also paid big money for a hair transplant so I would not risk my investment if I didn't know what I was taking.

So Marcus you are not entirely correct when it comes to MPB and selective AAS use.
    Hair-transplant hair is not sensetive to androgen or DHT. So there would be nothing to worry about there.

T-bol and Eq will not convert to a milder androgen, so they are both full power on the scalp for those who are prone.

The only drug thats safe for people with MPB is deca , laurabolin or any of the nadrolone drugs. As they have weaker androgenic activity in the scalp than the muscle b/c they convert to DHN thrue the 5ar, which is present in the scalp and skin.

LatinoPR is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey guys,

Thanks you guys

Proscar....take proscar,...but be carefull,sex it's not going to fell the same...

LPR...dermatology.

Random is offline RETIRED VET
    Hey Rise...how many mg of primo were you taking? not to hi-jack, just cause most guys have no hairloss issues with primo and i was considering it for a future cycle myself....

Thread Information