Thread: Xanax

elite2kr is offline Member

Xanax

I have anxiety and could get xanax prescribed, but since its a central nervous system depressent would that impair my workout performance?

This is a serious post, so please only comment if its serious.

thanks!

edit: im also going to post this in the aas forum, im not getting any responses here.
    Last edited by elite2kr; 11-15-2006 at 09:36 PM.

notorious_mem is offline Senior Member
    been on xanax not easy to get motivated not easy at all.

yodaddy is offline Associate Member
    xanax is really good but like notorious said it will deff inhibit your motivation factor....there are other ways to deal with anxiety i am learning all about it in my class at school right now Psychology go see a therapist and he will work with you xannax will just hide the problem not solve it which would be the better option IMO

dedic8ed1 is offline Banned
    Xanax is the kind of medicine that is like putting a band aid on cancer,you'll be better off by fixing the problem with the help of a therapist.

eljeffe is offline Junior Member
    I take xanx and have for years and have no problem getting to the gym, I am assuming most of the people who responded to this thread have never been on it. You may feel a little drowsy for a week but after you get your dosage down you will not feel a thing, actually you will feel "normal" finally. Good luck

prncezzml is offline Female Member
    Also keep in mind xanax is highly addictive and once you get on it, you may never get off without detox (coming from experience).

eljeffe is offline Junior Member
    the part about detoxing is 100% correct and it is a bitch!

scrapakilla is offline Associate Member
    As far as living the bodybuilding lifestyle and partying xanax really is a blessing. As long as this wont screw your next days workout too much and in my case it doesent you can do what i am about to tell you pretty often. If your friends want to party and you would like to get the "buzz" too and you cant because you are on a diet and living the bodybuilding lifestyle i have a solution for you. Taking 1 xanax with only about 2 to 3 shots throughout the entire night will get you trashed. As long as you have your pro fat meal before bed and keep your diet in check i do not see why this cannot be done reguraly wihtout any side effects i mean what possibly will 2 mg do to your liver. Also the only reason the bottle says do not take with alchoholic beverages is for intoxication purposes which are real, but not liver damage.

rafael is offline Associate Member
    benzos are bad buisness i tell ya. try everything else bfre u take the xanax road :|

rodosman is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scrapakilla
    As far as living the bodybuilding lifestyle and partying xanax really is a blessing. As long as this wont screw your next days workout too much and in my case it doesent you can do what i am about to tell you pretty often. If your friends want to party and you would like to get the "buzz" too and you cant because you are on a diet and living the bodybuilding lifestyle i have a solution for you. Taking 1 xanax with only about 2 to 3 shots throughout the entire night will get you trashed. As long as you have your pro fat meal before bed and keep your diet in check i do not see why this cannot be done reguraly wihtout any side effects i mean what possibly will 2 mg do to your liver. Also the only reason the bottle says do not take with alchoholic beverages is for intoxication purposes which are real, but not liver damage.
    What you are describing is recreational drug use. What this guy is talking about is taking xanax for his anxiety. Xanax and getting trashed "regularly" nights a week is NOT part of the bodybuilding lifestyle.

scrapakilla is offline Associate Member
    Regardlessof what you believe doing what i say is less harmful to your physique then going out and getting trashed of off numerous drinks 1 - 2 nights a week and you can do what i described probabaly 3 nights a week. It isnt something you should do but for all the college guys who care about their diet and physique and want to party as well i believe this is a better alternative.

yodaddy is offline Associate Member
    scrapa ur so right that is what i have been doing for liek 2 years now and its amazing...i take a a bar(xannex) and have like 4 drinks all night and i am crunked....hasnt effected me at all...good call man

jaxon is offline New Member
    If your not pasing ou from anxiety attacks, i wouldnt take it if i were you. I started taking xanax yrs ago when i was you and taking a dumptruck load of gear to help my mood swings and sleep,b4 too long i had to go from 0.5 to 1mg and the for 1 to the 2mg to get the same effect. I ended up addicted to them, I would have siezures when I was out of pills, my doctor never mentioned that was a side effect. Good luck

Thread Information