ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"

Anyone Here Using Androderm For TRT

I started using Androderm about 4 months now, started at one 5mg patch a day, and now am using three 5mg patches a day. I have bloodwork done bi-monthly. I can definitely say it has been working for me, libido was non existent, always tired and depressed. Everything has turned around 180 degrees for me. The only real problem with these patches are that I constanly have to keep the area hair free or the patches don't stick. I've also been experiencing some mild skin irratations, including rashes with blisters and broken skin. I use the patches on my quads for the most part, I wonder if anyone has had similiar problems associated with Androderm. And if so, where do you apply your patches?????? No crude jokes please.
    Thanks,
    CR

seesamplay is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ottomaddox
    I started using Androderm about 4 months now, started at one 5mg patch a day, and now am using three 5mg patches a day. I have bloodwork done bi-monthly. I can definitely say it has been working for me, libido was non existent, always tired and depressed. Everything has turned around 180 degrees for me. The only real problem with these patches are that I constanly have to keep the area hair free or the patches don't stick. I've also been experiencing some mild skin irratations, including rashes with blisters and broken skin. I use the patches on my quads for the most part, I wonder if anyone has had similiar problems associated with Androderm. And if so, where do you apply your patches?????? No crude jokes please.
    Thanks,
    CR
    rotate them around to other places. you definitely should not always put them in same place - no more than twice a week in one area. even at twice a week i had some skin irritation - and i was only using one at a time.

the problem i had was that i am very active - at least twice a day doing something. so, i had to replace after showers. yes, you can shower with them on, but i wasn't sure if they survived the shower unscathed. i can't imagine running water having no effect. if you only take one shower a day, it's probably not as big an issue.

sam

I had them on my right quad tonight, and during cardio I sweat a lot. The patches started to move all over the place, at one point it almost fell off my leg and onto the gym floor. Tonight I tried them on my stomach, we'll see............
    Peace,
    CR
    p.s. I find them quite annoying, since I have to wear 3 at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by seesamplay
    rotate them around to other places. you definitely should not always put them in same place - no more than twice a week in one area. even at twice a week i had some skin irritation - and i was only using one at a time.

the problem i had was that i am very active - at least twice a day doing something. so, i had to replace after showers. yes, you can shower with them on, but i wasn't sure if they survived the shower unscathed. i can't imagine running water having no effect. if you only take one shower a day, it's probably not as big an issue.

sam

seesamplay is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ottomaddox
    I had them on my right quad tonight, and during cardio I sweat a lot. The patches started to move all over the place, at one point it almost fell off my leg and onto the gym floor. Tonight I tried them on my stomach, we'll see............
    Peace,
    CR
    p.s. I find them quite annoying, since I have to wear 3 at a time.
    http://www.androderm.com/p/what_is_a...rm/how_use.asp

I've seen that, actually I see it everytime I open a new box. 3 boxes a month right now. When I tried the patches on my stomach, they sure did itch something awful. I know I'm supposed to rotate the patches, but they just work better on my quads. Going through the motion until my doctor approves an injectable steroid for me.
    I've got my fingers and toes crossed waiting impatiently.
    Peace,
    CR
    First Inject w/Test-Cyp on March 12, 2008, was worth the wait.

Last edited by ottomaddox; 03-17-2008 at 06:12 PM.

glueharden is offline New Member
    Patches? Why do patches? Studies have demonstrated that most of the pain associated with needles is psychological. It's a piece of cake and works sooooo much better with much less fuss. Don't knock it until you have tried it.

Are diabetics junkies because they have to inject? No, of course not.

Am I a junkie because I have low test levels? No, of course not.

You guys playing with patches and gels are missing the boat. But, regardless of what you're doing - I honestly hope you're feeling better. Even a little test makes a big difference.

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    glueharden
    some of us playing with patches and gels have doctors who will only perscribe those therapies--it is not by choice that I rub this gel crap on me but by docs choice--and I have been trying to talk him into injectables with no success.
    I will do shots soon as I can as I can get them from elsewhere with no problems but right now I have to stay with gels till my next round of tests so doc will keep perscribing at least something
    reasons
    for 1 the gel does work to some extent I am getting stronger and more muscular and feel a hell of alot better than when on nothing
    for 2 I dont have to worry aboust being sent out for a drug test or lie detector test at work ( I am alot bigger than the people I work with and quite obvious that I have been doing juice for years--as they all tease me about it)as I can tell them I am on doc perscription

Thank you,
    I appreciate what you said.
    Peace,
    CR

Quote Originally Posted by Tapout
    glueharden
    some of us playing with patches and gels have doctors who will only perscribe those therapies--it is not by choice that I rub this gel crap on me but by docs choice--and I have been trying to talk him into injectables with no success.
    I will do shots soon as I can as I can get them from elsewhere with no problems but right now I have to stay with gels till my next round of tests so doc will keep perscribing at least something
    reasons
    for 1 the gel does work to some extent I am getting stronger and more muscular and feel a hell of alot better than when on nothing
    for 2 I dont have to worry aboust being sent out for a drug test or lie detector test at work ( I am alot bigger than the people I work with and quite obvious that I have been doing juice for years--as they all tease me about it)as I can tell them I am on doc perscription

Update:
    I've been using Androderm for about a 14 months. I just went to the pharmacy and since it's a new year, I've got a new deductable of $250 + $35 copay. Then its $35 per month for the rest of the year. This years its going to cost upwards of $700 bucks. That's just not right. I asked the pharmacist and since it's not generic I've got to pay.
    I found out that I can get Test Cyp or Enth, or even Prop in generic form for a very small amount. I've got a physical set up for Monday morning and I've been doing my homework so as to have my gameplan dialed in so I can get the injectables.
    Peace,
    CR

TBones is offline Junior Member
    Since you have to pay so much of it out of pocket then i think you have a good case for getting injectable since it's cheaper.
    I've been on testim for about 3 weeks now and i am all ready tired of rubbing that crap on every morning. With summer coming and vacations planned i dont want the restrictions of not being able to swim for the first couple hours and stuff and not being able to have sex for a while after i put it on for fear that my wife will get it rubbed on her.
    How have you delt with that the last year+? Has it been a problem for you?

Tbone

I received an RX for Test-Cyp, I pick it up on Wed. I've done 1 injection so far, second coming this Wed. the 19th.
    Last edited by ottomaddox; 03-17-2008 at 06:14 PM.

dschrotter is offline New Member

I have used Testim now using Androderm

Quote Originally Posted by TBones View Post
    Since you have to pay so much of it out of pocket then i think you have a good case for getting injectable since it's cheaper.
    I've been on testim for about 3 weeks now and i am all ready tired of rubbing that crap on every morning. With summer coming and vacations planned i dont want the restrictions of not being able to swim for the first couple hours and stuff and not being able to have sex for a while after i put it on for fear that my wife will get it rubbed on her.
    How have you delt with that the last year+? Has it been a problem for you?

Tbone
    Testim is messy and gross, I used it and did not like how it felt - you feel sticky afterwards and my wife was in danger of contact with it so I switched to the Androderm patch. I haven't used them yet so time will tell but I will say that women loved the smell of the Testim once the alcohol smell went away. Fact is that testosterone affects some of them positively. My wife didn't really notice. Good luck. I hope u start to feel better. If you are like me then the placebo effect takes place after a couple of days. After about 2 weeks you actually will start to see a clinical difference. Sex drive goes way up, energy levels skyrocket and you feel just BETTER. Hope this works for you.

sirupate is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glueharden View Post
    Patches? Why do patches? Studies have demonstrated that most of the pain associated with needles is psychological. It's a piece of cake and works sooooo much better with much less fuss. Don't knock it until you have tried it.

Are diabetics junkies because they have to inject? No, of course not.

Am I a junkie because I have low test levels? No, of course not.

You guys playing with patches and gels are missing the boat. But, regardless of what you're doing - I honestly hope you're feeling better. Even a little test makes a big difference.
    You need to realize that not everybody does well with injections. They didn't do very much for me, and injecting wasn't that big of a deal in my mind. I personally do better with gel and did well with the implanted pellets. I'd say most will do well with the injections, but there are exceptions.

Trific is offline Member
    LOL....a 5 year old thread revived...

Welcome dschrotter!

Sir, do you think you needed higher DHT or why do you do better on applications of test other than injections...I'd like to hear more like what were your results with injections and what's better now?
    Last edited by Trific; 06-12-2013 at 10:44 PM.

Thread Information