swole25 is offline Senior Member

decision time...hospital or not.

well, i'm trying to decide if i should go in for treatment. i have a lump about 1/2 golfball size at the lower part of my deltoid(about 3-4 inches lower than the injection site), it's red, a little warm, but no flu symptoms or fever. it's a little sore, more from the skin being stretched taunt than anything. and when i touch it, it turns white then red again like sunburn. i'm assuming this is an abcess as i've never had one before. the shot was taken sunday night and it grew to this over the next few days. so, should i hold off longer or seek help ASAP. don't you usually have a fever or flu-like symptoms with an infection? any help or opinions are appreciated.

also, if i go in iguess i'll use the old B-12 line. but just so i know, what are the average doses per week and reason that people use injectable B-12 so they don't see right through me. thanks.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Dont use the "old B-12 line" if you seek medical attention you tell them EXACTLY what you did. I have never ever understood the reasoning behind this. You are expecting medical professionals to help you and take your health into their hands yet you LIE to them...my god I cant think of a dumber thing to do.

BigGuy5420 is offline Associate Member
    i would go to the hospital immediately and tell them exactly whats going on

duramaxedge is offline Senior Member
    If its sore man. it might be infected.. go to a medcheck ..not er.. and get some anti biotics..

Geeezer is offline Senior Member
    decision time...hospital or not.
    I think if this has went though your mind ,then I woiuld go and check it out.

jagdpanther is offline Member
    I've had infected abcesses before and never had a fever. The facts that it is red, warm to the touch, and is continuing to grow leads me to believe it is infected.

I don't see the problem with telling them its a B-12 shot, I've done it. I could understand telling them which steroid it is if you were having an allergic reaction.

I'd go to the docs because if it is infected, the longer it is infected the worse it gets and the longer it takes to heal.
    Last edited by jagdpanther; 04-05-2007 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    Dont use the "old B-12 line" if you seek medical attention you tell them EXACTLY what you did. I have never ever understood the reasoning behind this. You are expecting medical professionals to help you and take your health into their hands yet you LIE to them...my god I cant think of a dumber thing to do.
    well i see you're in canada but can't you get in legal trouble over here or at least have your insurance deny coverage for using AAS?
    Last edited by swole25; 04-06-2007 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by duramaxedge
    If its sore man. it might be infected.. go to a medcheck ..not er.. and get some anti biotics..
    medcheck? what's this? i was just gonna hit the ER. i know it's not an allergic reaction since i'm 5 weeks in and didn't have this before. also, what do i do about my cycle, continue on through or stop and PCT?

jagdpanther is offline Member
    Bro you either have a sterile abcsess or an infected abscess. From what you have told me sounds like it might be infected. Get it checked out, and get antibiotics if need be. An infection(I've had two - maybe three) has never stopped me from continuing a cycle, then again I nipped it in the bud before it became a larger problem. If the ER is what you have use it. If you have a primary use them. My primary's assitant nurse has gotten me the antibiotics without seeing the doc.

Funny thing is after my second or third infection I bought keflex to have on hand just incase so I can avoid going to the doctors. Ever since I got the keflex never had another infection.

7COCU7 is offline New Member
    I agree with what's been said. It absolutely sounds like an abscess. I work in an ED now and the vast majority that come through have to be drained as antibiotics can't fully penetrate the thing if it has walled itself off. It really doesn't matter what you tell them as they're bound by HIPAA laws not to report you (in the US anyway). That's true even if you were shooting heroin. Anyway, go in to urgent care and get it drained and they'll probably give you 7 days of abx to ward off any surrounding cellulitis. Obviously don't inject there for the a while...

nbkandrew13 is offline Member
    can i ask you how long its been since you gave yourself the shot that caused it. ok if its last sunday i think your jumping the gun, i gave myself a shot 2 weds ago by last fri i couldnt sleep on my but it was red blue i thought the skin was gonna break hot to the touch, i took some anti biotics that i had doxicyclene within by today not hot no coloration a small spot still hard but by sunday it will be gone. i have had an abcess cut out long time ago and it went through all these stages except it didnt stay hard it was pussy like a zit but that was 3wks later, man up

2deizel is offline Associate Member
    im just ending a infection i had in my ass from last week it still hurts today and i have to go back to the in 2 days. you will know if it is infected my butt cheek blew up like a small ballon within 2days. it hurt so bad i could not sit or walk on that side it was red and very swallon buy day 3 i could not take it anymore and went to the er. it turned out to be infected they did not have to drain. caught on time they ran a iv and gave me some meds that i am still taking. i would say if it was a infection you would be in severe pain. but never the less always have to be safe.

slick33158 is offline Banned

boil/abcess

I garuntee you it is a boil/abcess. Basically a pocket filled with puss. It will NOT go away. It's a very simple procedure. you go in and they "lance" it which just means they cut it open and let it drain out. You have to get it lanced though and be put on antib's asap bro!

TheSentinal is offline Member
    Lance Lance!

I had a glute shot that swelled all around my ass cheek. Hurt like hell, couldn't sleep at night. Was warm and red. Also I couldn't walk. Each injection with the Test E swelled alittle and was sore , but this time WOW.
    I got alittle paranoid , but waited it out and it went away. Took about 4 days to finally go away.

Go to a walk ing clinic use the B12 line . Unless you are dying don't tell them your on aas. You will never get insurance and you might get a doc who calls the cops.

NewJuice is offline Associate Member
    Dont tell them its from the shit... When you apply for life ins they will see it and turn it down. We do have hipaa laws but when your applying for the policy you have to sign off on a med back around check. INS company finds out your a user you will be denied. I would continue your cycle and drop by the ER and tell them you have no idea why its there. Or drain it yourself like Greg Valentino...lol

deadliftin00 is offline Junior Member
    Greg Valentino...

Websters:

Greg Valentino (Noun) : Last person in the world that should be doing steroids ; Complete idiot;

See Also: Douchebag, Asshat

highrise is offline Junior Member
    I developed an abscess from injecting winny. From your description, it sounds like you have one. I never developed a significant fever. After having it for about a week I noticed I was tired all the time. It was about the size of a handball. Being the fearless idiot that I am, I stuck a 20 g. needle in it and sucked out about 9cc of puss. I decided to go to the ER and told them it was from a B12 injection.

The life threatening risk in letting it grow is allowing the infection that's there to spread into your bloodstream. If that happens, you have serious problems. The infection can spread anywhere and could shut down a vital organ.

In the ER, the doctor cut it open and squeezed the puss out. I had to pack the hole, which went deep into my muscle tissue, for about a month so that the wound healed from the inside out, i.e., to prevent the outer layers of tissue from closing in on a packet of air and allowing another abscess to form. Needless to say, I couldn't work out for that month. The sooner you get it taken care of, the less of a hastle it will be.

Texans01 is offline Junior Member
    [QUOTE=NewJuice] When you apply for life ins they will see it and turn it down. We do have hipaa laws but when your applying for the policy you have to sign off on a med back around check. INS company finds out your a user you will be denied.

That's pretty scary. I know the life insurance companies due a very extensive examination and medical record check...I guess the doctor/patient confidentiality only goes so far.

rrrozell is offline New Member

er visit

i am a nurse, dont tell them shit. most abcesses start from ingrown hairs. just tell them one day you noticed this lump starting and over the last couple days it has gotten larger. i dont think you need a visit to the er though. your normal phyiscan can take care of this in his office bro. i have had many of these, none from my shots all were actually from ingrown hairs. if you have any more questions just pm me bro.

2deizel is offline Associate Member
    when i went in gor my infection i told them i was injecting a tanning salution. they said ok no questions asked after that. its that simple

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    Double post................
    Last edited by MFT81; 04-06-2007 at 09:47 AM.

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swole25
    well i see you're in canada but can't you get in legal trouble over here or at least have your insurance deny coverage for using ASS?
    cant believe no one else caught this

anyway, id say ingrown hair and I would of deff gone,

You dont have any discoloration running down veins near your shoulder do you?

edited that for you bro! went to the doc, he prescribed keflex and since it's a holiday weekend he couldn't get me an appointment with a surgeon to have it drained until monday, but i'm thinking of hitting the ER since that's a while to wait and i think it's getting worse. gave him the B12 line and yes it was an infected abcess.

Thread Information