lacey231 is offline Junior Member

price comparison of Androgel and Test for TRT?

I've been getting started with a TRT doc, and from what I'e read on websites I would prefer Injections over androgel .

I don't have insurance, so I figure if my doc prefers androgel I could use the price point as an excuse to use injectiosn if they are cheaper. A while back my GP gave me a script for androgel, and I recal it being very expensive, but would just like some clarification from people that have purchased both as to there prices.

I don't know the rules on this site, but if price talk of legal prescriptions is forbiden, then just saying which one is more expenisve in your experience is great.

Thanks a lot.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by lacey231
    I've been getting started with a TRT doc, and from what I'e read on websites I would prefer Injections over androgel .

I don't have insurance, so I figure if my doc prefers androgel I could use the price point as an excuse to use injectiosn if they are cheaper. A while back my GP gave me a script for androgel, and I recal it being very expensive, but would just like some clarification from people that have purchased both as to there prices.

I don't know the rules on this site, but if price talk of legal prescriptions is forbiden, then just saying which one is more expenisve in your experience is great.

Thanks a lot.
    you are correct in your assumption of injects being cheaper either cash or with insurance(copays) you are correct

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman
    you are correct in your assumption of injects being cheaper either cash or with insurance(copays) you are correct
    Right on. Is it enough of a difference to warrent getting a script of one over the other do you know? Like are we talking a few dollars a month, or $100 a month difference?

I vaguely recall my GP giving me a script for Androgel , and when I went to pick it up I think it was like couple hundred dollars for a 1 month supply. I don't have a clue how much test cyp is from a pharmacy, but 1x10ml bottle of 200mg/ml will last 20 weeks. Seems like it would be a pretty drastic difference price wise.
    Last edited by lacey231; 05-21-2007 at 04:34 AM.

yes gel is several hundred dollars cash price (30 day supply) and 10ml vial for inject will be about half that

for me it was a difference of 9.00 copay or 25.00 copay...so more percentage savings for me but when paying cash your talking a c-note

fill those syringes baby

good luck

***xxx*** is offline Anabolic Member
    wow, a month supply of the gel only costs around 90 bucks in German pharmacies...funny, shots are more expensive

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    my dad has an $80 co-pay for his androgel ...i think he should get on injects instead...

yes gel is several hundred dollars cash price (30 day supply) and 10ml vial for inject will be about half that

for me it was a difference of 9.00 copay or 25.00 copay...so more percentage savings for me but when paying cash your talking a c-note

fill those syringes baby

good luck
    Wow, I called up the pharmacy today just to see.

Androgel 5mg x 30 satchets - $141.71
    Testosterone Cyp 100mg/ml - $39.75

Assuming the dose of cyp would be 100mg /week it would last 2.5 months. So over 2.5 months it would be either $40 for Cyp, or $354 for androgel. That's a hell of a difference.

I don't know about absoption rate either but assuming it's around equal with the cyp your getting 100mg per week, and with the androgel @ 5mg a day it's 35mg a week

Don't know why doctors are pushing this stuff, unless the they are getting some kickbacks from androgel.
    Last edited by lacey231; 05-21-2007 at 02:41 PM.

Tbol is offline Associate Member
    I do not know if you all know this but a lot of compounding pharmacies make test gel and it is REALLY REALLY CHEAP compared to androgel .

All you need is a doctor who will write you a script for it and you can save bucks!

Any of the well known TRT docs know about this.

Wow, I called up the pharmacy today just to see.

Androgel 5mg x 30 satchets - $141.71
    Testosterone Cyp 100mg/ml - $39.75

Assuming the dose of cyp would be 100mg /week it would last 2.5 months. So over 2.5 months it would be either $40 for Cyp, or $354 for androgel. That's a hell of a difference.

I don't know about absoption rate either but assuming it's around equal with the cyp your getting 100mg per week, and with the androgel @ 5mg a day it's 35mg a week

Don't know why doctors are pushing this stuff, unless the they are getting some kickbacks from androgel.
    i need to know where you got that cash price for the cyp because i won't have insurance next month and have 5 refills left and that is way cheaper than the cash price...thing is i don't think rx's can go beyond state border? im in florida....

i need to know where you got that cash price for the cyp because i won't have insurance next month and have 5 refills left and that is way cheaper than the cash price...thing is i don't think rx's can go beyond state border? im in florida....
    I'm in Ontario, Canada. I think our prescriptions are a bit cheaper here, but I just got the price at a Shoppers Drug Mart which is a chain up here.

I looked up a Compounding Pharmacy like TBol said, and it looks like they deliver across the States so that might be cheaper, or a regular online pharmacy might be cheaper for you.

The one compounding pharmacy I saw on the internet was $45 for 10ml, of 200mg/ml cyp. You have to have your doctor fax the script though. http://www.stroheckersrx.com/htf.html . Decent price.

It looks like there is some decent ones in Florida, maybe if you drop by the prices will be comparible to the others. http://www.carrollwoodpharmacy.com/C...ment/index.htm
    Last edited by lacey231; 05-21-2007 at 09:24 PM.

I'm in Ontario, Canada. I think our prescriptions are a bit cheaper here, but I just got the price at a Shoppers Drug Mart which is a chain up here.

I looked up a Compounding Pharmacy like TBol said, and it looks like they deliver across the States so that might be cheaper, or a regular online pharmacy might be cheaper for you.

The one compounding pharmacy I saw on the internet was $45 for 10ml, of 200mg/ml cyp. You have to have your doctor fax the script though. http://www.stroheckersrx.com/htf.html . Decent price.

It looks like there is some decent ones in Florida, maybe if you drop by the prices will be comparible to the others. http://www.carrollwoodpharmacy.com/C...ment/index.htm
    Cool lacey...might have saved me a bundle....thanks

Theatrix is offline Associate Member
    Wow, prices seem to vary greatly. My insurance denied my HRT, so I had to pay. Androgel cost me $237. a month for 30 packets of 5gms.
    I've decided to do a cycle and then inject 100 mg a week of test.

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    I use Androderm: 90 patches @ 5mg ea. per month. I use 3 patches a day, my copay is $30.00 thankfully. When I get the receipt from the pharmacy it shows the retail price as $427.00.

Quote Originally Posted by ottomaddox
    I use Androderm: 90 patches @ 5mg ea. per month. I use 3 patches a day, my copay is $30.00 thankfully. When I get the receipt from the pharmacy it shows the retail price as $427.00.
    My god. $427 is rediculous per month for TRT. I wonder why they are selling this stuff. Good thing you have insurance.

How high does $427 worth of androderm get your blood levels?

Thread Information