epno is offline Junior Member

Wink Oxyandrolone 1st Cycle for Endurance Athlete

I'm male, mid 40's, 140 Lbs, 5'8", lean and low body fat, looking to increase strength for an endurance sport. I'm planning to try Oxandrolone for 8-12 weeks (***ending on the dosage I end up using) with Nolvadex , Clomid, and Proviron for PCT. I read an article on "pulsing" by "Dr. D" at http://forum.anabolicx.com/index.php?showtopic=1773 . Sounds like something that might work for my situation. I plan on starting with 20 mg oxandrolone per day and going up to 60 mg per day as needed for 3-4 days per week. I'm considering only dosing in the AM pre workout and skipping the post workout dose because the 9 hour half life should leave plenty in my system to aid in recovery while allowing me to avoid shut down: I know that limits my gains, but I want to stay lean and gain strength only. On my off days I'd like to use an otc anti catabolic. Is phosphatidylserine an adequate choice? I could also use Tribex and GH Max on my off days to keep things rolling too. The pulsing article states that PCT wouldn't be needed after 4 weeks of pulsing. If I go 8-12 weeks would I need PCT? How could I tell? This is going to be my first cycle. I have used androstendione and prednisone in the past: I found out prednisone is catabolic and started looking for an better way. This cycle should start in the next couple of weeks. Your input is welcomed!

Thumbs up Week 1 Update

I've completed my first week. I pulsed 20 mg (10 mg 2x per day) 2 days on, followed by 2 days off, and then repeated. I experienced head aches after taking my first couple of doses. I searched the forums and found that the lab that manufactured my gear does have that problem with their Oxandrolone but that it should go away in a couple of days. I still get head aches occasionally, but aspirin has helped some. I also experience a tightness in my chest in the area near my heart. Not like a heart palpitation, but just an aching feeling. It goes away as the hours pass after taking that dose. It's becoming less noticable now on my fifth day on. Today I'm taking 20 mg AM and 10 mg PM as I will for 4 of 7 days in my second week.

Results: I started at 140 lbs and today weighed in at 143: my weight does normally fluctuate in the 138 to 142 range ***ending on diet and exercise. I have noticed good energy while exercising, quickly developing vascularity, and good recovery. My strength seems to be rising gradually. My goal is to increase strength without adding significant weight or bulk. I should be able to give a better assessment of whether this is possible as the weeks pass.

AVIDRUNNER is offline New Member

Avidrunner

Did An Oxyandrone Cycle The First Of The Year. Put On 15 Pounds In Two Weeks. No Sides. 25 Altogether. Kept 13. Worked Pretty Good. I Think You Will Like It. A Little Expensive Though.

Unhappy Week 2 Update

Well the second week didn't go so well. I need to be fast in my sport and the Anavar seems to be giving me heavy legs and slowing me down. I did 30 mg one day followed by 40 mg the next while racing. I had my worst race in ages! My next race was several days later. I did 20 mg the day before the event and 10 mg the day of the event stacked with 12.5 mg of prednisone, which I know makes me go fast. It went a little better but I was still way slower than I was at the same event last year. I believe that in my case Anavar would be best put to use when I weight train during my off season for a short cycle followed by lots of endurance work to slim my legs back down. At this point I'm inclined to use prednisone to boost my performance and follow it with a 10 mg dose of Anavar after a race to mitigate the negative side effects of prednisone. I noticed on several websites that offer information about prescription meds that one of the side effects of anavar can be "weakness or heaviness in legs", which just won't work for me. So my cycle plans will have to be put on hold until this fall unless I get some feedback to convince me otherwise.
    Last edited by epno; 06-25-2007 at 07:29 PM. Reason: spelling

Jartimus256 is offline New Member
    Hmm strange, I dont know how oxandralone can cause weakness in the legs. I have been taking 20mg ed for 9 days and my squat workout yesterday was ridiculously easy.
    Maybe they feel heavy and weak when you are running. Whereas in actual fact they are stronger?
    I'm not sure what effect it is going to have on speed and endurance, I will find out in martial arts practice later.

vegeetz is offline New Member
    Hmm sounds good but can you get your hands on some winstrol ? That would be great for endurance running.

Thread Information