bigvree is offline New Member

Oral Turanabol Hair Loss

Dear members
    I am a beginner. Over the past year I have tried 3 separate 6-week cycles of Oral Turanabol ranging from 10mg a day to 20mg a day. I am 37 years old and proned to male pattern baldness. However, the hair loss seems to be noticably worse over the past 6 months. I have been using minoxidil for 13 years and have retained probably 60% of the hair until recently. Now it appears I have about 40%. Basically you can see my scalp through my hair now. So here are my questions for the experts:
    1. Can OT cause hair loss?
    2. If hair loss occurs with OT, can it be reversed if usage is stopped or with finasteride?
    3. What steriod , if any, is recommended for no hair loss. I am mostly interested in cutting not bulking.
    4. If I start using finasteride, would using a steroid be basically robbing Peter to pay Paul? In other words, if finasteride reduces production of DHT, do all steroids increase production of DHT?

Sorry if the questions seem elementary. I am not an experienced user and I would really appreciate some sound advice.

bigvree

KeepingItBalanced is offline Associate Member
    I don't think your 10-20mg of OT has anything to do with your hairloss. Pretty sure hairloss is rather unheard of with OT....and at that dose....i can't see it doing anything.

Johny-too-small is offline Vive Memor Leti
    ^^ agreed.

Youre issues with your hair loss are genetic. Many anabolics will accelerate the hair loss. Tbol is not known to cause hair loss.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Well, technically OT could aggravate hairloss for people like you but unlikley. But I am not a fan of minoxidil for a few reasons. It doesn't work that good IMO, you have put the crap on your head after showering and it makes the thin areas look evey thinner.

You need to be taking finasteride or dutasteride yesterday. That is the most important defense in combating hairloss. It attacks the problem at the source. Inhibiting DHT.

thanks
    Is there another steroid you would recommend that would not accelerate hair loss? Also, once I get on finasteride, would I still get results from a steroid? Or do they offset each other?

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvree View Post
    Dear members
    I am a beginner. Over the past year I have tried 3 separate 6-week cycles of Oral Turanabol ranging from 10mg a day to 20mg a day. I am 37 years old and proned to male pattern baldness. However, the hair loss seems to be noticably worse over the past 6 months. I have been using minoxidil for 13 years and have retained probably 60% of the hair until recently. Now it appears I have about 40%. Basically you can see my scalp through my hair now. So here are my questions for the experts:
    1. Can OT cause hair loss? THIS IS POSSIBLE, BUT HIGHLY IMPROBABLE.
    2. If hair loss occurs with OT, can it be reversed if usage is stopped or with finasteride? WOULD HELP, IF NEEDED. DUTA IS MARKEDLY STRONGER.
    3. What steriod , if any, is recommended for no hair loss. I am mostly interested in cutting not bulking.NONE OF THEM CAN GIVE A 100% GUARANTEE! BEST CHOICES, WITH LOWEST PROBABILITY ARE LIKELY VAR AND TBOL.
    4. If I start using finasteride, would using a steroid be basically robbing Peter to pay Paul? In other words, if finasteride reduces production of DHT, do all steroids increase production of DHT? GEAR'S EFFECTS ON DHT ARE COMPOUND SPECIFIC AND CANNOT BE GENERALIZED.

Sorry if the questions seem elementary. I am not an experienced user and I would really appreciate some sound advice.

bigvree
    Here are the basic answers, but a search on hair loss and steroids would generate volumes of very specific information for you to sift through.
    Master Pai Mei of the White Lotus Clan

My motto: SAFETY & RESPECT (for drugs and others).

I AM NOT A SOURCE, I DO NOT GIVE OUT SOURCES, OR PROVIDE SOURCE CHECKS.
    I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

Difference between Drugs & Poisons
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=317700

Half-lives explained
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...inal+half+life

DNP like Chemotherapy, can be a useful poison, but both are still POISONS
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread.php?t=306144

BE CAREFUL!

Thanks a bunch Magic, Ash, Johny-too-small, and Seattle Junk

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    DHT inhibitors are specifically made to block the conversion of testosterone into DHT. So fina and dut are best used to combat MPB while using test.

Jeff1 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    I ran it two years ago and loved it

timguyperson is offline Junior Member
    I know this thread is old, and has just been dug up by the spammer above me. But the advice in this thread isn't the best. There are some pretty bad side effects with propecia and the other drugs to stop hair loss. There's a whole forum on the net with people dealing with impotency as a result of using this drug.

I think it's a bit like running deca alone. There's people that don't get affected, but there's people that do. And they'll always be an argument amongst each group.

But yeah just be careful. DHT isn't bad. It's a natural thing. So why get rid of it? Also minoxidil is a waste of time. If your going to do anything go to hairdirect or toplace or hollywoodlace online and get yourself a good hair piece. Women wear makeup and padded bras, I don't think there is any shame in a guy wearing some hair. Especially when they look 100% natural these days.

Anyway just thought I'd mention that, because I've wasted a lot of time trying to keep my hair, and this is the conclusion I've come to.

respek is offline Associate Member
    Propecia/Proscar are effective in preventing MPB. However, realize that many people get side effects from these meds especially decreased libido and even inability to achieve an erection.

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by timguyperson View Post
    I know this thread is old, and has just been dug up by the spammer above me. But the advice in this thread isn't the best. There are some pretty bad side effects with propecia and the other drugs to stop hair loss. There's a whole forum on the net with people dealing with impotency as a result of using this drug.

I think it's a bit like running deca alone. There's people that don't get affected, but there's people that do. And they'll always be an argument amongst each group.

But yeah just be careful. DHT isn't bad. It's a natural thing. So why get rid of it? Also minoxidil is a waste of time. If your going to do anything go to hairdirect or toplace or hollywoodlace online and get yourself a good hair piece. Women wear makeup and padded bras, I don't think there is any shame in a guy wearing some hair. Especially when they look 100% natural these days.

Anyway just thought I'd mention that, because I've wasted a lot of time trying to keep my hair, and this is the conclusion I've come to.
    Minoxidil is not a waste of time and works quite well for me. And recommending a hair piece? man, that's worse than being bald IMO. but to each their own.....

my hair fell out more with minoxidil. It has pathetic results at best. And it's not worth the money. Brother in law tried it as well, did nothing. I tried it for 2 years btw.

And I bet you've never ever even looked at hair pieces before, seen the different types you can get, and seen how realistic they look.

"Hair pieces being worse than bald"...thought socially ignorant views like this wouldn't really be on this site...after all we are all going against the grain a bit by taking steroids .

You can dismiss my opinion if you want, but I've been researching this crap since I was 18yrs old, almost 5 years. I've seen hair transplant surgeons and gotten their opinions on it all as well. I've seen those hair restoration salesmen and seen their bs as well.

You can say each to their own, but that's just a nice way of saying my opinion is bs when it isn't.

sigman roid is offline Ar's cockney geezer Retired
    Last edited by sigman roid; 05-07-2009 at 07:14 AM.

sigman roid is offline Ar's cockney geezer Retired
    Last edited by sigman roid; 05-08-2009 at 07:56 AM.

Steroidman99 is offline Associate Member

I started to lose my hair, when I was only 22 years old and have been successfully "wasting" my time with 2-5% minoxidil for more than 12 years already, and I am fine. Please, don't generalize, based on your personal experience. This is disgusting, because some people can lose hope because of your misleading claims.

my hair fell out more with minoxidil. It has pathetic results at best. And it's not worth the money. Brother in law tried it as well, did nothing. I tried it for 2 years btw.

And I bet you've never ever even looked at hair pieces before, seen the different types you can get, and seen how realistic they look.

"Hair pieces being worse than bald"...thought socially ignorant views like this wouldn't really be on this site...after all we are all going against the grain a bit by taking steroids .

You can dismiss my opinion if you want, but I've been researching this crap since I was 18yrs old, almost 5 years. I've seen hair transplant surgeons and gotten their opinions on it all as well. I've seen those hair restoration salesmen and seen their bs as well.

You can say each to their own, but that's just a nice way of saying my opinion is bs when it isn't.
    I've been using minoxidil for a year and have had great results. Just because you or your brother didn't have good results with it doesn't mean its the same way for everyone.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and mine is what it is. The fact is a lot these products work for a lot of people. Minoxidil and finasteride are the only FDA approved hair restoration products out there. I'm sorry they didn't work for you.

Regarding hair pieces.... well I am sure they look realistic and fantastic but unfortunately sometimes they have to come off. And I can tell you right now that I know of several hot women that would laugh at a guy with a hairpiece. Women can get away with hair extensions, breast implants, etc because they are women. If you're a man it just makes you look insecure, etc which is why women are generally turned off by it. Not to mention the amount of money it costs you to maintain your piece. I'd rather spend that money on minoxidil and finasteride, considering they do work and I get to keep my REAL hair.

So again; to each their own.

yoyoma1 is offline Junior Member
    bigvree

did you do a tbol only cycle? if so what were your results? sides? pct?

My friend swears by biotin for saving his hair. Except biotin doesn't do anything for keeping hair unless you have a vitamin k deficiency like the Eskimos in the study supporting the use of biotin. You can have hair loss and then you can have that hair loss stop. People have more hair loss in summer as well. Just because your hair loss stopped, doesn't mean that it stopped because of minoxidil. If it works for you, then that's great. But chances are it's not really doing much at all.

I never tried propecia because I read the stories of hundreds of men who have had their lives ruined by erectile dysfunction that resulted from using the drug.

I would rather have a woman laugh at me for having a hair piece, rather than laugh at me for not being able to get it up.

yeah stay away from propecia! i was on it for about 8-9 months, complete loss of sex drive, no real notice in hair loss or retention. it sucks when you see a really attractive woman and dont want to nail her. sex drive is back, but not anywhere near what it was.

My friend swears by biotin for saving his hair. Except biotin doesn't do anything for keeping hair unless you have a vitamin k deficiency like the Eskimos in the study supporting the use of biotin. You can have hair loss and then you can have that hair loss stop. People have more hair loss in summer as well. Just because your hair loss stopped, doesn't mean that it stopped because of minoxidil. If it works for you, then that's great. But chances are it's not really doing much at all.

I never tried propecia because I read the stories of hundreds of men who have had their lives ruined by erectile dysfunction that resulted from using the drug.

I would rather have a woman laugh at me for having a hair piece, rather than laugh at me for not being able to get it up.
    Bro, you are rambling. I know minoxidil helps thicken my hair up because I went off of it for more than 8 months in the past and my hair looked considerably thinner. I've now been using it again for a year and it's thickened up. Many other people on this forum and hair loss forums have had great results with minoxidil. Just because you or people you know haven't had good results doesn't mean that it's not working for me and many others. How can you not get that through your head? Maybe that hairpiece is obstructing your thinking process

Re propecia and sexual sides, yes they do exist. Do they affect everyone? No. Again, it's an individualistic thing. You cannot generalize an opinion. Do you know how many finasteride users there are worldwide? Millions of prescriptions sold. Are all these millions of men eunuchs? I know plenty of people (myself included) that have had no ED problems from finasteride. I know a guy in his 50's who uses it and has never had any issues. Then there are guys in their 20's who can't get it up because of the drug. All individualistic!

Whether you have a woman laugh at you for wearing a hairpiece or not being able to get it up, well, you're not getting laid either way in that case. So I'd still rather be bald.

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoma1 View Post
    yeah stay away from propecia! i was on it for about 8-9 months, complete loss of sex drive, no real notice in hair loss or retention. it sucks when you see a really attractive woman and dont want to nail her. sex drive is back, but not anywhere near what it was.
    Hmm you joined in May and have 5 posts. Could yoyoma be timguy? lol. That sucks it happened to you. Me on the other hand, I'm viril as a stallion and banging way too much.

no i'm not timguy. been on a different site mostly but i have to say this site has a lot more action. veril as a stallion, what are you taking?! another reason i'm interested in a cycle is a libido kick

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoma1 View Post
    no i'm not timguy. been on a different site mostly but i have to say this site has a lot more action. veril as a stallion, what are you taking?! another reason i'm interested in a cycle is a libido kick
    If you want a libido kick testosterone will be your best friend

I noticed a considerable amount of hair falling out when running turanabol.

Nate_Dog is offline Member
    One if it is genetic.. dont blame the TBol, call your parents complain to them.

If you are really that worried about hairloss is gearing really a good idea? Comes down to a matter of priorities. If you are massive.. no one cares if you are bald!

killagorilla187 is offline Associate Member
    Anyone use nizoral, and get any good results?

Nate_Dog is offline Member
    I heave heard that is the way to go... but cannot speak from experience.

dblbass128 is offline New Member
    Nizoral wont do much on its own. FDA studies showed it has anti androgen properties and showed regroth comparable to Minoxidil 2%.

If Fin is an issue (due to sides) try using topical spiro although I havent heard much success from it, it should stop further hairloss.

Needs to be used twice a day

Quote Originally Posted by dblbass128 View Post
    Nizoral wont do much on its own. FDA studies showed it has anti androgen properties and showed regroth comparable to Minoxidil 2%.

If Fin is an issue (due to sides) try using topical spiro although I havent heard much success from it, it should stop further hairloss.

Needs to be used twice a day
    I am on cycle right now, test/tren /mast, and using spironolactone once a day and my hair loss is virtually nil.

googs is offline New Member

hair loss with TEST E

has anybody had hair loss with just running test e ..?

i mean look at some of those WWF wrestlers...there not blad..and they are like shooting every know steroid know to man...and some if not most have there hair....!!!

KAEW44 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by googs View Post
    has anybody had hair loss with just running test e ..?

i mean look at some of those WWF wrestlers...there not blad..and they are like shooting every know steroid know to man...and some if not most have there hair....!!!
    The thing with WWF/WWE stars is that it has alot to do with their image and looks when they get chosen in the first place to represent the biggest pro-wrestling entertainment show. The guys you see in WWE are the chosen few from hundreds if not thousands of applicants. And those few happen to be the ones with the monster genetics that makes their hair so DHT resistant.
    Occaisionally there will be the bald one in the mix if personality is good for WWE, like steve austin or goldberg. The rock wasnt completly bald but his hairline is in non stop recession.

So they already select the ones who seem least affected by the steroid use , you dont want to air a wrestlemania where every wrestler has terrible back acne and bald head and extremly hairy back...instead they chose the ones with thick hair and tans and shit.

Its entertainment, only a few survive into the spotlight....however if you want reality then watch MMA you will see many of the guys who look "juiced" are bald. The genetic roulette machine choses more people to go bald on steroids than those who can resist it.

Thread Information