turcios3 is offline New Member

Milk Thristle during a cycle - Good Idea?

Is it ok to take milk thristle during my cycle or should I wait until after the cycle to use it? Will it minimize the effect of the gear I'm on if I use it during my cycle? I'm on Sus 500mg/wk (2 injections per week), winnie depot 50mg every other day, EQ 250-300mg/wk (injections eod). This is my second cycle and I'm half way through it now.

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    many people take milk thistle during cycle to help with liver function..it wont be detrimental to your gains, but your liver enzymes will most likely still be elevated from the 17aa winny even with it..i wouldnt worry too much, hepatoxicity is way over exaggerated..what are your stats and cycle experience? To have a good cycle, you should probably shoot the sust EOD and the winny ED..Eq only have to be shot twice a week..what you doing for PCT

N4cer is offline Member
    In theory it'll slow the winny results, but you're only doing half the amount of winny anyway. Might as well just stop the winny.

Oh and I've never heard of anybody doing a cycle using milk thistle (no "r" in there) and then saying their gains sucked because of it.

holden is offline Junior Member
    Use milk thistle on cycle, its perfectly fine =)

Quote Originally Posted by N4cer View Post
    In theory it'll slow the winny results, but you're only doing half the amount of winny anyway. Might as well just stop the winny.

Oh and I've never heard of anybody doing a cycle using milk thistle (no "r" in there) and then saying their gains sucked because of it.

lol n4cer.. mr. grammar and punctuation police over here!! naw its funny man for real.. u must be a great scholar! remember when u correct j435whatever's "an jerk" mistake? u crack me up!

but thats true there is no R in thistle.. and u dont pronounce the "T" either.. just so u dont look like a dumbass infront of Hector the built GNC guy when u ask him "what isle is the MILK THISTTTLE" on hahah...

neways back to the topic. I heard THIS: Milk thisrtle is INEFFECTIVE and in fact in some cases DETRIMENTAL to ur liver function if u already have a low enzyme count. Only case where milk thisrle is beneficial if u liver is ALREADY healthy to begin with... any truth to this ???

Sorry, Milk Thistle. That's good feedback, thanks.

N4cer is offline Member
    I've seen studies indicating that, Panzer.
    And yes, I can't help it dude. I'd rather someone tell me instead of let me go on saying things wrong and people looking at me like I'm an idiot.

Kare to elaborate?

N4cer is offline Member
    Man, I've been around the boards for a long time, and read more stuff than most people knew existed. I don't remember details of most of it... just the main points. So try to bear with me.

I just remember the point is that it raises liver enzyme values, but it's still up in the air as to whether or not it is causing damage, or acutally helping. That's the basic gist of it. Sorry for not being able to tell more. To me milk thistle is just a minor detail anyway.

based off blood work, ive found liver protectors dont keep your liver enzymes normal while taking 17aa steroids

N4cer is offline Member
    That's what I'm saying. They're not supposed to. Milk thistle in particular raises levels. But remember: liver enzyme elevation is not harmful. It is simply an indicator of possible harm. Nothing more.

BIGDOGIRISH is offline Associate Member
    Is Liv 52 a better choice or same stuff?

N4cer is offline Member
    I never saw much benefit of Liv52. Seemed like a good way for sources to sell something to me. My question is why are you taking so much of something that you need liver protectors in the first place?

The only reason I started taking the Milk Thistle is because I began feeling sleepy during the day. This happened after my first cycle when my enzymes were a little high. But I'm in the middle of my cycle now, so I shouldn't be feeling it. Its probably the win depot. I had blood work done regularly after my first cycle and everything was normal: liver enzymes, blood pressure, etc. I waited 4 months to start this second cycle.

N4cer is offline Member
    Why would you correlate the liver enzymes to sleepiness?

methylated compounds tend to induce lethargy in a lot of people..

N4cer is offline Member
    But he's talking about the enzymes themselves. Not the methylation. Not to mention that seems to depend on the substance and if they're running test with them.

methylated compunds increase your liver enzymes..i always seem to be a bit more lethargic when I used to take them..even if I was running test

N4cer is offline Member
    That's odd. I never hear that anywhere other than the hypochondriac n00b boards. But you're not in that category, so I'm glad to hear you say it. Opens up new ideas. Thanks man.

ive seen it on a couple talked about on some other boards..im sure some are worse than others..I remember the one and only time I took M1T..that shit made me so damn tired all the time

N4cer is offline Member
    Oh yeah but that's not a matter of the methylation or the enzymes. That does it because it's so suppressive and has high progestinic activity (speculated) by ways that I really don't get, despite my understanding of the subject. I just know it causes lethargy, gyno, bloat. And honestly gyno and bloat shouldn't happen from it just going by its chemical structure, so there's something there we've missed.

Quote Originally Posted by N4cer View Post
    Oh yeah but that's not a matter of the methylation or the enzymes. That does it because it's so suppressive and has high progestinic activity (speculated) by ways that I really don't get, despite my understanding of the subject. I just know it causes lethargy, gyno, bloat. And honestly gyno and bloat shouldn't happen from it just going by its chemical structure, so there's something there we've missed.
    that is one of the more toxic orals there is..its a combination of stuff but the methylation plays a factor in it

Thread Information