Gustof is offline New Member

Prednisone and Anavar

My doctor has me on a 50 day cycle of Prednisone to deal with some colitis issues. I am currently taking 40 mg a day but am concerned about losing lean muscle mass because it is a corticosteroid. I was told that I could balance out the negative effects of the Prednisone by taking Anavar (which is a relatively mild steroid ) I've researched this topic for the past few days but have been unable to find any answers. My current solution is to load up on carbs and protein to maintain the my current physique.

Any suggestions / solutions would be welcome.

Thanks

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Gustof View Post
    My doctor has me on a 50 day cycle of Prednisone to deal with some colitis issues. I am currently taking 40 mg a day but am concerned about losing lean muscle mass because it is a corticosteroid. I was told that I could balance out the negative effects of the Prednisone by taking Anavar (which is a relatively mild steroid ) I've researched this topic for the past few days but have been unable to find any answers. My current solution is to load up on carbs and protein to maintain the my current physique.

Any suggestions / solutions would be welcome.

Thanks
    I hate prednisone,,,nasty drug IMO.
    I would hold off on the ANAVAR until your 100% healthy.

Necrosaro is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to the board, can we get some more information on you. Also a post of anavar information for you

About anavar and its myths/facts

KatsMeow is offline Stupid
    You need to finish out your prescription of prednisone and get well, don't try to interfere with anything, I know the side effects of prednisone suck but your health should be your number one concern.

TRT,MAN is offline Member
    if you have colitis i wouldnt be messing with compound that absorbs through you intestines. not trying to be rude but you know as well as i do you think you shitting and bleed alot now add that to the equation and you will be really sorry.

TITANIUM is offline “SIS PACIS INSTRUO PRO BELLUM”
    Blog Entries

Colitis:

I have some info for you.I understand what you are doing.(And Why).Wait until you get off the prednisone to start your cycle. Doc's tend to put you on this for the shortest possible time frame. Plan your cycle around the prednisone, and definitely not With it. Counterproductive.
    You may want to take one of the more mild steroids , in an "injectable form". This way you don't have to worry about how the drug is getting absorbed inside your intestine, and if it will aggravate your condition. Also to what degree is your colitis? I know people that have this, so I can relate to your situation. You would need to leave stats before the forum can advise you. Good Luck Titanium

Thanks for all the replies.

The Colitis is mild and has stabilized over the past week! And, from what I have read, 40 mg of Pred is not necessarily a high dose to be on!

Are there other options that I should be considering? I've actually never taken steroids before, so I am not familiar with what is good / bad! I've dropped 10 lbs in 3 weeks, most of which came off in week three becasue I was in the hospital getting diagnosed and was eating next to nothing - the worst being two days of water and Jello. Calories are through the roof now.

Are there any other options out there! I know that I should grin and bear it, but it's taken me to long to get were I am and I am not ready to watch it waste away.

Thanks for the time it's greatly appreciated!

RANA is offline 100% American Beef
    Blog Entries
    Dont take anavar with prednisone! Wait a few weeks after your done, have your Dr. do some blood work for you after you finished with Prednisone!
    Do you have Ulceractive Colitis?

Yea, I was diagnosed last week. It all happened within span of 3 weeks! (symptoms, doctor, diagnosis) Not impressed at all, but it has not impacted my motivation at all. If anything, it has made me more focussed and intent on reaching my goals. I'm just trying to find something that will help me sustain my current weight, but wont have a negative effect on my system!

scoobie scack is offline New Member
    Ulcerative Colitis sucks, I was diagnosed a couple of months ago. my doc could not figure out what was wrong. It is stable now but i am tapering the Prednisone and imuran. I lost 53 pounds during the whole event. So basically what i am reading is that I should stay away from all Pro hormone type supplements. I was thinking of doing some Pros when i was off the other meds, I might just have to switch to injections.

TRT,MAN is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobie scack View Post
    Ulcerative Colitis sucks, I was diagnosed a couple of months ago. my doc could not figure out what was wrong. It is stable now but i am tapering the Prednisone and imuran. I lost 53 pounds during the whole event. So basically what i am reading is that I should stay away from all Pro hormone type supplements. I was thinking of doing some Pros when i was off the other meds, I might just have to switch to injections.
    watch out for caffeine too. any kind of stimulant will cause flare up.

Blog Entries
    I was diagnosed with UC back in 2003, it actually went away in 2006, I no longer need meds. It makes a world of difference. Watch your diet closely while on prednisone and when you get off! Good luck

will testosterone cream, or Test Prop effect it?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobie scack View Post
    will testosterone cream, or Test Prop effect it?
    While on prednisone? Or are you taking about effecting the U/C?

smokeyd is offline Grade A Whore/Banned
    my dog is on prednisone 5mg every day for her skin problems, poor poor pup along with a 60 dollar a bag food she has to have, girl eats as well as me, back to the thread,

dont take anything to counter the effects like everyone else says, just ride it out and get health mate!

i am on the cream now while on prednisone and immuran. I was thinking of doing a cycle of Test prop when i get off of everything. My uc is in remission now. The doc is just weening me off the drugs

Thread Information