Page 1 of 33 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: *The official Interview thread*

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~

*The official Interview thread*

This thread as been created to conduct interviews with some of the AR community we all love and hate. The questions will be made up by myself and other AR members, I will PM the interviewee with a series of questions and once answered and sent back to me I will plan and post the interview here.

Anyone who would like to see a certain members be interviewed can PM me with their recommendations. I will post in here to state who is going to be interviewed that week and then members can PM me the questions what they would like to know, I will try and pick some of the most interesting one's out and couple them with my own and construct the interview.

Once an interview as been posted please try to restrain from posting any kind of clutter or further questions to the interviewee, if you would like to see a follow up interview this can be arranged at a later date.

Comments are welcome after the interview in here but any kind of whoring/clutter/pictures/further questions will be deleted. Lets try and keep it as clean as possible so we just have interviews and comments only.

Thankyou and enjoy

There isn't any kind of particular order or popularity in which these interviews are being conducted.

Warning: Not all members will be willing to answer all the questions asked, many will not want to divulge certain personal information what could identify them or put them at risk of some kind, we must respect their privacy to who ever wants to remain anonymous, but I am sure we can still find out some amazing stories and facts out about our members life's.

There isn't any kind of particular order or popularity in which these interviews are being conducted.

The first person to be interviewed will be MuscleScience, please PM me some of your questions, don't send a long list just a couple of interesting ones and then we can pick the best of the bunch,

Keep the questions coming for MuscleScience,

bump

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    good idea marcus. once again, you da man. im eager to see how this goes but i think its a great idea
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    JBM wanted me to ask why DSM4Life is so awesome ?

Quote Originally Posted by PT View Post
    good idea marcus. once again, you da man. im eager to see how this goes but i think its a great idea
    I'll keep it going as long as its popular, you up for it?

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi

bump
    Last edited by BJJ; 11-13-2009 at 09:47 AM.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Great idea marcus..... you been killin it here in the lounge with these good threads!

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

BJJ, your suppose to send them via pm to me otherwise this wont work, read the start of the thread,thanks

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Great idea marcus..... you been killin it here in the lounge with these good threads!

~Haz~
    i have a question for president of tight t-shirt club.

Where the fvck are the pictures of you and dukkit over the weekend....,.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    i have a question for president of tight t-shirt club.

Where the fvck are the pictures of you and dukkit over the weekend....,.
    LMAO..... i don't wanna side track marcus' thread - i'll start a new one in a few with the pics.....

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    BJJ, your suppose to send them via pm to me otherwise this wont work, read the start of the thread,thanks
    Sorry man I forgot.

No more questions for MuscleScience please,

The interview will be posted later on.

jccnewbie is offline Senior Member
    Maybe if we knew who was next we could start generating questions for that person so you are ready to go when Musclescience is doen with his interview? Just a thought to keep the flow.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    I'll keep it going as long as its popular, you up for it?
    hell yea
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by PT View Post
    hell yea
    Great, your name as been mentioned

MuscleScience's interview will be post in the next hour, just planning it out.

marcus300 interviews MuscleScience

marcus300: I would like to thankyou for taking the time to do this interview , espcially being the first one up! anyway lets start off with something easy: Where were you born and where do you live now?
    MuscleScience: Thanks for the Interview I really look forward to this thread and hearing about others from the board. I was born in a town of about 10,000 or so mostly a rural community in the midwest.(USA) I now live in a city of about 1+million. Big change for a country boy like myself...LOL

marcus300: What are your current stats?
    MuscleScience: Currently I am at right at 205ish, bodyfat between 10-12% depending on the method I use to measure it. (BIA or Skinfold) My height is right at 6'1''

Members question:Are you proud of your heritage?
    MuscleScience: Yes, I am very proud. It is my belief that to know where you are going you have to know where you have been. This helps you truly understand who you are in the bigger picture, if you catch my drift.

Members question: Which languages do you speak?
    MuscleScience: English, Spanish, Vietnamese and a little bit of German. I am not really fluent in any language

marcus300: In the "11 fact thread" you told us that you grew up rough, can you expand and tell us what are your memories from your childhood growing up?
    MuscleScience: My town had a very interesting mix of the "haves and haves nots." A large portion of the town was composed of people that commuted to a neighboring metropolis and were fairly well off. I was from the portion that was more of a rural type. Anyway I was basically the poor kid from the country that was always dirty and had a mullet. The schools I went to just so happened to be the schools that most of the rich kids went to. I got picked on a lot because I was different and I was rail thin and didnt develop as fast as other kids. I was never the type to not stand up for myself so I would fight someone at any sign of confrontation. Now I have never started a fight in my life and honestly never will. I am still embarrassed that I have ever been in even one fight.

The kids that grow up there now live in a completely different town. It was really hit with Meth (like a lot of small rural towns these days) and there is a very large immigrant population now. I can only imagine the dynamics that the immigrant kids have to deal with. I really cant complain about how I had it relative to the kids there now.

marcus300: Your a well eductated guy, what are your qualifications and what made you go down this route in life? and what plans do you have for the future?
    MuscleScience: I have my bachelor degree in Biology, and my Master in Exercise Science. I spent 5+ years working in different research labs. I have my CSCS from the NSCA.

I think I choose this route to begin with because I was always good with science stuff growing up and was always curious about the natural world. I think growing up in the country was a real positive on my curiosity. I specifically went with the biology route because I was extremely interested in human performance. I wanted to learn about how exercise influenced the body in a positive manner. Grad school was a continuation of that. I am now working on my doctorate in a health profession related field.

marcus300: I know you enjoy reading research papers and you have had a few publications written with your name on, what were the subjects your wrote about and is this something you want to do in the future?
    MuscleScience: My very first paper was actual in an agriculture journal believe it or not. A few of the others were in biology and geology. My graduate papers are in revision or are still ongoing at this point the last time I checked in with my former lab. I would like to get back into research in the near future. I am not exactly sure in what subject.

marcus300: How old are you and what inspired you to start bodybuilding/ keeping fit?
    MuscleScience: I am 29, I am not really a typical bodybuilder. I train mainly to better my athletic performance. Being strong and looking good is of course a goal of mine and a great byproduct of my training.

I think why I stay in shape is I have always had a negative self body image for myself. Like I said I was a skinny kid growing up. I came from a family of monsters and always caught flack from family members and kids at school alike.

Members question:Tell me onesupplemenet we should all be taking?
    MuscleScience: Creatine, there are literally hundreds of studies to show that it is safe and effective.

Members question: What do you believe is the biggest myth still being followed by people seeking to gain muscle?
    MuscleScience:That more is better, you dont have to beat your ass in the gym with tons of sets and exercises to grow. Diet and rest is where the true growth potential exists.

Members question:What was the last theory or belief you had pertaining to exercise that someone changed your mind about?
    MuscleScience: Good Question, There are two that stand out. One is that the negative phase of the contraction (eccentic) is not associated with muscle hypertrophy. Fireguy questioned me heavily on it. So I did a rather extensive literature review. I am still on the fence about this one.
    Another one was an energy expenditure question. Someone had mentioned that to run a mile or walk a mile it takes the same amount of calories to perform that work. I said it was true in a thread. As this was always what I was taught through school. I havent looked at this one as in depth as I have the latter one, and am still on the fence about this one as well.

marcus300: Whats your biggest fear in life?
    MuscleScience: Being a skinny bitch

marcus300:Your passion is American muscle car, what car do you drive and if you could have any car which one would you want?
    MuscleScience: I currently have at 2002 SS Camaro, modded up and I love it. My dream car is a New Corvette and a 69 Trans Am.

Members question: If you were to build any vehicle from the ground up, what would it be and why?
    MuscleScience: 69 Trans Am, why because they are bad ass looking and everyone and their brother has a 69 Camaro

marcus300:What would you say as been the hardest part of your life and how did you deal with it?
    MuscleScience:The hardest part of my life is probably the expectations for myself. I want my parents and family to be proud of me and that is what drives me to move forward. To tell you the truth I am not a very good student. I have always battled laziness when it comes to topics that I dont find interesting. Other people seem to bare down and do what they have to. I on the other hand have to have my butt to the fire before I will study for something that I dont enjoy. This has really hindered my academic progress at times. My Professor in grad school even called me out on it once. I was doing relatively poorly in a legal ethics class, he basically said if I didnt get a B in the course he was going to cut some of my scholarship money. I got a B, barely...

marcus300:How would you describe your personality?
    MuscleScience: Very outgoing, people enjoy being around me. I am always trying to get a laugh and I am just really laid back. It is really hard to offend me and I just dont take meaningless things and make mountains out of mole hills out of them.

Members question:Why is Usain Bolt so much fast than anyone else on this planet?
    MuscleScience: He has a great combination of Genetics and work ethic. Genetics can not be understated its just that important for a great athlete to have the foundation to begin with.

Members question: Don't you think hunting and fishing are totally useless nowadays?
    MuscleScience: LOL, no I am not sure why anyone would think this. Since a lot of the top predators have been taken out of the ecosystem by mans activities hunting traditional prey animals helps limit their populations. For example Deer, The White Tailed Deer is more populous now than it they was when europeans started settling North American. Hunters and fisherman are all very active in preserving habitat to help maintain healthy populations. Plus its fun!

marcus300: Talk us through what a typical day looks like?
    MuscleScience:Typical day is get up at around 6am, watch a little Deutsche Welle tv, go to school until about 430pm. Go to the gym and train a few clients around 5pm, workout myself hopefully then go home at around 930pm and finally go to bed around 11ish. I mix in a little AR throughout the day since I am addicted to this place.

Members question:What are your 5 most overated exercises?
    Muscle Science: Bicep Curls, Bench Press, sit ups, leg extensions, Good Morning exercise.

Members question:What are you 5 most underated exercises?
    Muscle Science: Squat, Plyometrics, dead lift, Push press, Cardio

Members question:What one exercise, even when performed correctly is condusive to causing injury specifically due to the kinesiology involved in the movement?
    Muscle Science: Box Squat

Members question: You wrote: "I wish I never would have been a fight in my life". Why? because you were always beaten, because you realized violence is not the answer, or...
    MuscleScience: I have took my beatings for sure. That only hurts for a little while. I just think its very embarrassing and people look at you different after an act of violence. I wish to be respected not feared, there is a huge difference.

Members question:
    Since you are a "history buff", what do you think of Jesus?
    MuscleScience: Religious or not, there is a lot of historical evidence that there was a man named Jesus. He must of been a great man indeed if we are still talking about him thousands of years after his death.

marcus300:
    Where do you see yourself in 12 months time?
    MuscleScience: In 12 months I should be all done with school and be in the real world for the first time in my life, I am scared shitless.

Members question: Do you believe in life beyond this known dimension?
    MuscleScience: I believe there is a lot we do not understand about the natural world. Some say show me the proof. I say show me a time in science when something was deemed impossible and I will show you a great discovery.

marcus300: If you had 3wishes, what would you wish for?
    MuscleScience: First and foremost I would wish for the ability to be able to support my parents and siblings. Second I would wish for a good wife and healthy kids. Third I think I would wish for three more wishes...LOL

*I would like to thank MuscleScience for taking part*

Comments are welcome:
    tebby likes this.

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    great interview. Some very interesting q&a

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    Awesome interview Marcus.

Well done MS!
    -Corey "Narkissos" Springer

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Apollo Fitness Barbados etc
    Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by texasmk4
    Nark is like intel, Brilliant inside and awsome outside :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Here's a little-known-secret, that most people won't tell you: In the sphere of fitness, everything works.
    Every(intelligent)thing works (once aptly and consistently applied)
    It really is that simple.
    This is the perpetual bodybuilding paradigm
    **No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

elpropiotorvic is offline Senior Member
    great whos next

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    I have a feeling it'll be some dude from the Caribbean.
    -Corey "Narkissos" Springer

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Apollo Fitness Barbados etc
    Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by texasmk4
    Nark is like intel, Brilliant inside and awsome outside :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Here's a little-known-secret, that most people won't tell you: In the sphere of fitness, everything works.
    Every(intelligent)thing works (once aptly and consistently applied)
    It really is that simple.
    This is the perpetual bodybuilding paradigm
    **No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

CBGB is offline Senior Member
    Fantastic, excited for more!!

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    two thumbs up!

Thanks it was fun,

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Excellent. Thanks MS and Marcus.

BJJ
    I like the way you are doing this.
    Great job.

countrybhoy is offline Associate Member
    i enjoyed that read . when is the next one .

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Excellent!!!

Lot's of typing and hard work on Marcus' part..good job...and of course good job on my boy MS' part. You are a great guy and this interview confirms it. Very mature and you got your head on your shoulders. Many responses proved you are a stand up guy and anyone should be proud to be your friend.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Excellent thread, Marcus. Thanks for the putting the time into this.

Great interview, MS.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    Great interview guys.

thanks MS and thanks marcus, that was an excellent read.
    cant wait to read the next interview, by the way MS you got a good head on your shoulders bro..

good luck with everything in your life and wish you all the best..

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Best thread the lounge has seen in quite some time. Excellent insight MS and again, thanks Marcus for putting in so much time on this.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    great stuff!!!

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifto View Post
    Excellent. Thanks MS and Marcus.
    No problem

Quote Originally Posted by rockinred View Post
    Excellent!!!

Lot's of typing and hard work on Marcus' part..good job...and of course good job on my boy MS' part. You are a great guy and this interview confirms it. Very mature and you got your head on your shoulders. Many responses proved you are a stand up guy and anyone should be proud to be your friend.
    Thanks Red, it was fun doing the interview. Like I said I am really looking forward to some of the other interviews. Thanks again to Marcus for putting in the time.

Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post
    Excellent thread, Marcus. Thanks for the putting the time into this.

Great interview, MS.
    Thank you,

Quote Originally Posted by collar View Post
    Great interview guys.

thanks MS and thanks marcus, that was an excellent read.
    cant wait to read the next interview, by the way MS you got a good head on your shoulders bro..

good luck with everything in your life and wish you all the best..
    Thanks, best of luck to you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    Best thread the lounge has seen in quite some time. Excellent insight MS and again, thanks Marcus for putting in so much time on this.
    Your welcome, Marcus did a great job. It was like I was on Larry King, except I think Marcus is older than him.....
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Marcus

I think each interview should have its own thread. Would help make it a little cleaner with the comments.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    very cool guys

nice to see somethings that are entertaining and also worthwhile in the lounge lately

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Marcus

I think each interview should have its own thread. Would help make it a little cleaner with the comments.
    good idea...

BJJ
    Marcus

I do AGREE!

Marcus

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    I do AGREE!
    If things get out of line in here with post's I can always edit them out and keep it clean, but I think keeping them in one thread would be better for people to read, but I will see how it goes.

Thanks guys for your comments, it was great fun doing this and MS was an excellent interviewee. Ive had many people's name's put forward and I will interview them all it just takes time.

The next interviewee will be posted very soon, get your questions ready.

Thanks again.

dangerous dan is offline Anabolic Member
    cool, i also agree with dsm, one interview per thread. whos next ?? i cant stand the susspence

Page 1 of 33 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread Information