armydude1 is offline New Member

Steroids for Theraputic NON-ANABOLIC purposes

My father in law is pretty dead set on trying steroids . He had a horrible diet, and does not work out, nor has any motivation to work out. He has degenerative disk disease in his lower back, and this is the main reason he does not work out. After readin about steroids, he found that some cause water retention. While some think that is a negative thing, he sees it as a positive and is his main reason for taking it. The idea that it 'lubricates' the joints is what turned him on to it. Against my heavy persuation against it, he is stubborn and wants to do it anyway, and he has a reliable source to get whatever he wants. What are the possible reprecussions of this, and will he even get what he wants out of it? He is aiming for a less painful existance. If this is an outright TERRIBLE idea, and could cause him serious harm, please let me know and tell me what to tell him, or what to have him read. I'm no expert on AAS and I want to make sure he isnt ****ing himself up. He's 45, boney, and packed full of natual testosterone and aggressive as it is. Thanks

chuckt12345 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    go to the doctor man. thats the best route

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    There are a class of anti infammatory steroids known as corticosteroids. This would include things like prednesone and are considered non anabolic .

Quote Originally Posted by chuckt12345 View Post
    go to the doctor man. thats the best route
    yea, tried that one...says the doc is a dumbshit and wants to give him random shit that dont work. doc wont even give him oxys. the man is in pain no doubt, but he's a tough bastard and you wouldnt know it. likely the doc thinks he's hammin it up. anyway, even if he isnt he's not the kind of doc to resort to heavy drugs (u know, the ones that work). I told him to change docs, and he said he has many times and is tired of it.

Pretty much im left with two courses of action. get him to not do it, or get him to do it safely. If i can come up with damn good reasons for him not to do it, and back it up with facts (example: "dude it wont work and is this why" or "dude, dont do it cuz you'll die, and this is why"), great. if not, i at least need to know what he'll have to do to do it safely. example:"dude, if you MUST do this, you'll need to take this and this, and cut ur dose to this".

sorry for the spelling and grammer. im in a hurry, i have to go now. ill check back later. thanksy.

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    There are a class of anti infammatory steroids known as corticosteroids. This would include things like prednesone and are considered non anabolic.
    thanks, i will research on them!

**TOP** is offline Senior Member
    Prednisone is a tapering corticosteroid which means its not gonna be used for long term, especially with someone that has high blood pressure or heart disease.A newer treatment in the injection form is using hyaluronic acid. Some medical studies have shown that it may push the body to make other cells that form cartilage in the back. He needs to check in with an Orthopaedic Doc if he hasnt already....TOP

Also like FG said they are not Anabolic but there have been studies done that suggest they can be Catabolic....TOP

Thread Information