Test247 is offline Associate Member

How to lower blood count / Hematocrit? I want to cycle now!

It's been 4.5 months since my last cycle and I want to start another one now, but my doc did my blood work and said my hematocrit (blood count) was still way too high at 51.8%.

Is there any way to lower it? Can I go give blood? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    FWIW,a while back, I read in a Dave Palumbo's column in MD that the easiest way to lower your red blood cell count was to give blood.

thats what I was thinking of doing... I didnt know if it would lower hematocrit though, as thats the % of your blood volume that has red cells (to my limited knowledge) so I thought letting out blood might not affect that as mine is already high.

I absolutely hate having blood draws, can't stand a needle in my vein... I might have to pop a couple valium and just do it though...

baja212 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Test247 View Post
    It's been 4.5 months since my last cycle and I want to start another one now, but my doc did my blood work and said my hematocrit (blood count) was still way too high at 51.8%.

Is there any way to lower it? Can I go give blood? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
    Excellent question, there are two ways. One, lower your dose of Test. Though, you probably don't like that answer. Secondly, go to your local Red Cross and donate blood, I'm totally serious. My TRT doctor told me when your Hematicrit gets up in the high 50's to donate blood. That's the easiest route. At your current level I wouldn't do anything yet. However, if you do decide to give blood DON'T tell them what your on, just say, its your civic duty. Or you want to donate for Haiti.

Yeah, I am about to go on a cycle and blow up my dose of test and ADROL so I think that's outta the question.

I'm at 51.7 and I figure going on DROL might boost that rather quickly. Any advice on getting through giving blood with out passing out or having an anxiety attack? hahah

How long does it take? I may schedule going in this week.

tboney is offline Anabolic Member
    I recommend that you wait until your blood work is normal. Your body obviously is not ready.

tboney- can you put some reasoning behind that, other than my blood count is high?

I think that your blood count should be normalizing by now. However lets assume that it is taking a little longer than usual. I think that you ought to wait and see if it normalizes on its own so that you can be certain that you dont have a condition that needs to be treated and that could potentially get more serious with the use of aas.

Do you have any medical conditions? Do you know what your hemoglobin levels were?

well I have IBD and always had a LOW hematocrit. I went on a 25 week cycle and at the end well my hematocrit was quite high. I tested it 3 weeks ago at 51.7 which was 3 months off cycle.

I see. Well that would help account for the history of low hematocrit. Obviously your cycling elevated it which is pretty normal. I still think it would be prudent to rule out any of the conditions that can cause your levels to be elevated. Like polycythemia.
    Your hematocrit is only a couple of percentage points higher than the "top end" of normal. So I am sure you are fine. I think the normal range is somewhere around 46 or 48 %. Just give it a little more time to make sure it resolves on its own. After a 25 week cycle I would really think about taking 4 to 6 months off. Thats just my opinion.

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    It depends from the lab I guess.
    If you were in mine, you were OK:

HEMATOCRIT: 51,8 % [42 - 52]

BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by baja212 View Post
    Excellent question, there are two ways. One, lower your dose of Test. Though, you probably don't like that answer. Secondly, go to your local Red Cross and donate blood, I'm totally serious. My TRT doctor told me when your Hematicrit gets up in the high 50's to donate blood. That's the easiest route. At your current level I wouldn't do anything yet. However, if you do decide to give blood DON'T tell them what your on, just say, its your civic duty. Or you want to donate for Haiti.
    Thirdly, just get some blood out on your own (300 ml).
    Even though one can go up to 450 ml.

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    It depends from the lab I guess.
    If you were in mine, you were OK:

HEMATOCRIT: 51,8 % [42 - 52]
    I guess you are right. It depends on the lab.. I just looked on my last set of blood work and the indicated range was 42 to 48%.. Just to be safe, let it normalize.

Either way I think he will be fine. I still say that after a 6 month cycle you should give it some more time before you start another.

Quote Originally Posted by tboney View Post
    I see. Well that would help account for the history of low hematocrit. Obviously your cycling elevated it which is pretty normal. I still think it would be prudent to rule out any of the conditions that can cause your levels to be elevated. Like polycythemia.
    Your hematocrit is only a couple of percentage points higher than the "top end" of normal. So I am sure you are fine. I think the normal range is somewhere around 46 or 48 %. Just give it a little more time to make sure it resolves on its own. After a 25 week cycle I would really think about taking 4 to 6 months off. Thats just my opinion.
    Tboney, I'm on HRT and my blood work and PSA came back completely normal, with the exception of Hemocrits (Spelling) it was 49. I plan on discontinuing the HRT and upping my Test Enan to 250mg a week along with some deca . Do you suggest I wait to see if the Hemo comes down?

Let blood out on my own? What into a zip lock bag? LOL Im gonna donate some blood, start my cycle and get a blood count at 4 weeks.

baja - I was doing HRT for the last 4 months as well. I never checked my hematocrit on cycle though however. How much test were you on for HRT? I was doing 200mg/wk

RogerB17 is offline New Member
    red blood cells live about 120 days. you can wait or donate blood- only 2 options to get you u'r H&H down

Quote Originally Posted by Test247 View Post
    baja - I was doing HRT for the last 4 months as well. I never checked my hematocrit on cycle though however. How much test were you on for HRT? I was doing 200mg/wk
    I was doing 50mg tube of Testim Gel a day. I'm digging up past bloodwork, stayed tuned. The hemocrit concerns me more than anything else. Too me, its paramount over PCT.

dunno how that gel stuff converts to injectable test.

BJJ
    you may also ingest aspirin

Thread Information