dock holliday is offline Associate Member

Question Feet are swollen?

i just noticed my feet are swollen. i've been on sustanon 500mg every 4 days for two weeks (8 cc). i have about +1 pitting edema and concerned it may be due to the sustanon. i knew that bloating was a possibility, so i've been taking 10mg tamoxifen daily. i have no other negative side effects other than swollen feet and ankles. is this normal? im concerned because i had an itch on the lateral side of my ankle and when i scratched it, i noticed the swelling. any help will be apreciated. should i up my tamoxifen dosage or consider a light dose of furosemide?

No, its not bloating. Most likely water retention from the testosterone . If I were you, I'd get some lasix those seem to really work the best. And btw, tamox won't help at all with the water retention.

JScondition is offline Member
    I have heard of bloating during cycle, but pitting edema is a pretty serious condition especially if it elevates to a +2 or +3. It could have a link to cardiovascular problems. Vets... help me out with this one, but you may want to get it checked out. Also stay away from diuretics... they will mess you up if you do not know exactly what you are doing.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JScondition View Post
    I have heard of bloating during cycle, but pitting edema is a pretty serious condition especially if it elevates to a +2 or +3. It could have a link to cardiovascular problems. Vets... help me out with this one, but you may want to get it checked out. Also stay away from diuretics... they will mess you up if you do not know exactly what you are doing.
    this is true, i had an uncle with this condition, it was cardiovascular related. dont panic, but go and get checked out

after talking to my friend who is a med student, he said it was not classified as pitting edema, but did say he notices my feet are swollen and my calves are bigger. they are not severe, but i will keep an eye on them daily. if it gets any worse, i will go to a real doctor.

thanks for your help.

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ferocious bubble View Post
    No, its not bloating. Most likely water retention from the testosterone . If I were you, I'd get some lasix those seem to really work the best. And btw, tamox won't help at all with the water retention.
    Do NOT take lasix. That's some horrible advice to give!

You should try an AI (aromatase inhibitor). This will keep test from converting to estrogen. It's the estrogen that's causing you to hold water. Arimidex at .25mg ED would be a good place to start.

i can only find arimidex from a Chinese based lab and was told that they underdose their products. why won't nolvadex help with the water?

Nolvadex is a estrogen receptor blocker. It does not lower estrogen or stop the conversion. Only an AI will do that. Are you in the US? AR-R , this sites sponsor sells adex.

If you're using AAS, you really should know these things. This is AAS 101....

i understand the difference between an AI and a receptor blocker. I was told that if the estrogen receptor is still being blocked, you won't have estrogenic side effects.

can estrogen just floating around in your system cause water retention even though it is not activating the estrogen receptors?

if nolvadex does in deed block the receptor and potentially prevent the bloating, could it be that my 10mg dose is too small?

i appreciate your help. seriously.

question about the ar-r site. is it real arimidex or just similar?

BIG_GUNS_21 is offline Member
    Might be somthing like sleep apneia (SP?) That can make you hold a lot of water in your legs (mainly lower legs).

How have you been sleeping? Are you waking up often or is anyone complaining about you snoring? Are you feeling like you are still tired when you wake up? Those are also signs.

Quote Originally Posted by dock holliday View Post
    question about the ar-r site. is it real arimidex or just similar?
    Its real. Once again, nolvadex will do nothing for water retention. Increase your nolva dose and things will not change whatsoever. Get on an AI and within a week or two you should get some relief.

okay. i will order some of the liquid arimidex and probably some longer needles. i never went to that site. glad i ran into. thank you.

concerning the liquid arimidex, i assume i need draw only .25cc for .25mg dose???

If its one mg/ml then .25 of a ml would be .25mg.

If that does not help then I would go get checked...might need to get your kidney function checked as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dock holliday View Post
    okay. i will order some of the liquid arimidex and probably some longer needles. i never went to that site. glad i ran into. thank you.

concerning the liquid arimidex, i assume i need draw only .25cc for .25mg dose???
    Yes, their liquidex is 1mg per ml so draw .25ml (or CC) for .25 mg.

gymnerd is offline Senior Member
    Back when I was dirty bulking and not eating good at all and also running Alot of test and dbol and my feet and hands swell up pretty bad an AI helped alot, also clean up your diet now! Start doing alot of cardio and sweet some of that crap off.

The real issue here is you diet you realize that right?? Also what is you BF % right now I bet its high. Gear + high sodium = real bad news.

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    Quote Originally Posted by cgb6810 View Post
    Do NOT take lasix. That's some horrible advice to give!

You should try an AI (aromatase inhibitor). This will keep test from converting to estrogen. It's the estrogen that's causing you to hold water. Arimidex at .25mg ED would be a good place to start.
    Quote Originally Posted by cgb6810 View Post
    Its real. Once again, nolvadex will do nothing for water retention. Increase your nolva dose and things will not change whatsoever. Get on an AI and within a week or two you should get some relief.
    Quote Originally Posted by gymnerd View Post
    Back when I was dirty bulking and not eating good at all and also running Alot of test and dbol and my feet and hands swell up pretty bad an AI helped alot, also clean up your diet now! Start doing alot of cardio and sweet some of that crap off.

The real issue here is you diet you realize that right?? Also what is you BF % right now I bet its high. Gear + high sodium = real bad news.
    ...x2

my bodyfat is now about 17%, but im actually getting hydrostatic bf% measured 3 weeks from now. im about to go back on a ketogenic diet, increase cardio, lower salt intake, and order liquid arimidex .

its not horrible, but it was concerning as its not normal. i'll start from here. keep you guys posted.

with the higher BF% that may be what is causing your retention, and the AI would help.

i agree after reading you guy's posts. im starting my keto diet and increased cardio in the am. thank you all for your help.

Thread Information