jivany is offline Junior Member

Headaches on Clen...quick question

Hey guys..quick question...I know it's a side effect but when I get the headaches on clen , can I take a tylenol or something to make it go away? Or will that interfere with the clen? Thanks. I can deal with the shakes but the headaches suck. I take the clen in the morning and they usually appear sometime after 5...thanks!

number28 is offline Associate Member
    I'm not sure about it changing the effectiveness of clen but its
    The liver I would be worried about. Is clen hard on the liver as other orals?

RED26 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by number28 View Post
    I'm not sure about it changing the effectiveness of clen but its
    The liver I would be worried about. Is clen hard on the liver as other orals?
    No, of course not is not as hard as any oral AAS, if that's what you meant.
    It's not 17-alpha kilated.

I would go por ibuprufen or naproxen instead of paracetamol (tylenol), simply because they are more effective for headaches (at least for me)

No NSAID interfere with clen. You can take it, but preferably not daily. Just when you REALLY need them.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Beta-blockers are notorious for reducing/basically eliminating clen 's effectiveness.

AG
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

So will IBPROPHEN affect clen ? Or will Tylenol affect it?

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I can't definitively answer that because clenbuterol isn't listed in a PDR. I looked at albuterol and didn't see any interactions, but I'm not going to take a guess and tell you that there wouldn't be a negative interaction.
    I know I've used ibuprofen with clen before, but that's me playing with my health. Although I think there's no problem, I'm not going to throw out an answer that I'm not confident of. You could always try calling a pharmacy and running the question by them.'
    I'd suggest firing up a search engine and finding out the answer about Ibuprofen and Tylenol.
    Then when you can document it with some solid references come back and make a post out of it.

AG
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Neevor is offline Associate Member
    I have taken Ibuprofen on clen before as well as aspirin. Neither seem to affect the drug. I cant imagine how either would. Ibuprofen reduces swelling and aspirin acts on pain receptors so they certainly dont have counter productive activities. The only thing would be if their interactions had something going. People take Albuterol for asthma (beta two receptors are responsible for bronchio dilation?) all the time along side Ibuprofen for migraines.

Also, usually when people get headaches on clen its because they aren't drinking enough water from what I've read. You need to drink at least half a gallon more water on clen then you normally do in a day.
    Last edited by Neevor; 04-25-2010 at 12:04 AM.

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    Quote Originally Posted by RED26 View Post
    No, of course not is not as hard as any oral AAS, if that's what you meant.
    It's not 17-alpha kilated.

I would go por ibuprufen or naproxen instead of paracetamol (tylenol), simply because they are more effective for headaches (at least for me)

No NSAID interfere with clen. You can take it, but preferably not daily. Just when you REALLY need them.
    Tylenol is hell on the liver. Don't give advice if you don't know what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by cgb6810 View Post
    Tylenol is hell on the liver. Don't give advice if you don't know what you're talking about.
    The Journal of the American Medical Association reported in its July 5th 2006 (JAMA. 2006;296:87-93. ) issue that Acetaminophen caused no liver damage even in liver disease patients (that's Hep C patients!) when taken at the normal dosage. Tylenol is regularly prescribed to patients with Hepatitis C. There's some evidence that taken at normal doses regularly for over two weeks there could be some "reversible liver damage" (that's 12 pills a day for two weeks) but that's it. He'd be fine taking tylenol once or twice a day for a head ache for a couple weeks while he's on clen .

The studies that were done showing liver damage were done back in the 70s bro.

Hey you know what I heard the other day? Joe DiMaggio and Marilyn Monroe are getting a divorce! Can you believe that shit?

I think its probably worse to not know what you're talking about, give advice about not giving advice when you don't know what your talking about AND be a D!ck about it.

To the OP, personally, I'd still go with a mix of Ibuprofen and Aspirin. I've found Ibuprofen to be great for swelling in my spinal erectors and Aspirin great for any sort of injection pain. Just be careful cause aspirin is a little rough on the tum tum if you take it more than once or twice a day.

Thanks fellas!

Quote Originally Posted by Neevor View Post
    I think its probably worse to not know what you're talking about, give advice about not giving advice when you don't know what your talking about AND be a D!ck about it.

To the OP, personally, I'd still go with a mix of Ibuprofen and Aspirin. I've found Ibuprofen to be great for swelling in my spinal erectors and Aspirin great for any sort of injection pain. Just be careful cause aspirin is a little rough on the tum tum if you take it more than once or twice a day.
    I can copy and paste too asshole. If you didn't live in a cave you would know tylenol is hard on the liver, and members using AAS, ancillaries, and numerous other compounds should not be subjecting themselves to unnecessary liver stress.

"If you take Tylenol for four days as directed you may be at risk of liver damage, says a new study. Tylenol has been on the market for decades. Previous studies had shown that Tylenol in combination with hydrocodone caused liver damage - experts had thought the liver toxicity was associated with hydrocodone. This new study clearly shows that the Tylenol poses the risk, rather than the hydrocodone.

Researchers from the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, USA, were surprised when they found out that the liver damage had nothing to do with the opiate (hydrocodone). They found a previously unrecognized but pretty remarkable effect of acetaminophen (Tylenol) alone when taken as directed for four days.

The scientists said that patients who really need Tylenol should not stop taking it. If they are concerned they should discuss their medication with their doctor before considering switching.

Tylenol is a popular painkiller taken by millions of people all over the world. It is an alternative to aspirin for people who are concerned about its gastrointestinal side-effects.

The researchers found out about Tylenol's effect on liver enzyme levels while they were carrying out a trial on a therapy which included a narcotic drug, hydrocodone, in combination with acetaminophen. The focus was on the liver toxicity effect of the narcotic drug. However, Purdue Pharma, which funded the trial, found that several healthy subjects had high levels of specific liver enzymes - usually an indicator of a health risk for the liver.

The trial was stopped and another team was called in to carry out a new trial which found that Tylenol was the cause of the liver problems. You can read about the current trial in the Journal of the American Medical Association, 5 July issue.

The new trial involved 145 healthy volunteers. They were divided into three groups. The first group received a acetaminophen/opioid combination, the second acetaminophen alone, and the third group received a placebo. They were on their medication(s) or placebo for 14 days. The acetaminophen only group received the maximum recommended daily dosage.

The maximum ALT measurements for each group were as follows:
    How many had a maximum ALT measurement 3 times higher than the upper limit of normal:

-- Placebo group - 0%
    -- Combination acetaminophen/opioid group - 31% to 44%
    -- Acetaminophen only group - 31% to 44%

These results indicate that it was the Acetaminophen, rather than the opioid, that was having the effect.
    "
    Last edited by Bossman; 04-25-2010 at 02:46 PM.

nyspqr is offline Associate Member
    I'm currently on clen right now and also get those headaches. Just drink LOTS of water. Drinking huge amounts of water for me helps with the headaches.

Quote Originally Posted by cgb6810 View Post
    First, I wasn't talking about tylenol... I was talking about CLENBUTEROL not being harsh to the liver...

And just as Neevor, I think is worse to take an attitude of "wise wanna be" when it's actually YOU the one who doesn't have a clue about anything...
    TYLENOL exponentially dangerous? Come on... I don't wanna know what's your possition then about oxymetholone...

Does it give you any satisfaction to call anyone "asshole" through a web forum? Do you feel more masculine or something?

I might be new around here, but not at all new in all of this, so if you feel that you can come and try to get the authority here that you don't have in the real world... Then I don't know either to laugh or cry about your sad life...

Now go and do something productive with your life boy...

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    First, I wasn't talking about tylenol... I was talking about CLENBUTEROL not being harsh to the liver...

And just as Neevor, I think is worse to take an attitude of "wise wanna be" when it's actually YOU the one who doesn't have a clue about anything...
    TYLENOL exponentially dangerous? Come on... I don't wanna know what's your possition then about oxymetholone...

Does it give you any satisfaction to call anyone "asshole" through a web forum? Do you feel more masculine or something?

I might be new around here, but not at all new in all of this, so if you feel that you can come and try to get the authority here that you don't have in the real world... Then I don't know either to laugh or cry about your sad life...

Red, have abit of respect for the older members who have earned alot of respect on this board...

Your new here and your views are valued but theres a right and wrong way of getting your opions across...

Lets have abit more order and respect for eachother on this board...

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Lets have abit more order and respect for eachother on this board...
    Fair enough 007. My apologies... I just think we can even argue and enter into some situations of "you're wrong" with no need for some kind of language or expressions...

Just my opinion, but If it's OK for older members with 10,000+ messages to express themselves like that... Let me know before it happens again...

Tylenol is harsh on the liver. I said that in my first post and I stand by that. Recommending the use of tylenol in a steroid forum clearly displays your ignorance.

Calling Neevor an asshole after his smartass response was appropriate also.

I feel pretty damned good about myself Red. I've been married 27 years, own a productive construction company for 20 years and I compete in bodybuilding at the national level. I come on this site to help share what I've learned over the 30+ years I've weight trained.

Im not sorry you didn't like my response. Make sure you give the right advice next time you post.

OK... I see how things are around here. Glad to notice though

OK... I see how things are around here. Glad to notice though
    I was going to call you a boy, but thought that would be childish.

Rocksteady316 is offline Junior Member
    i pop one advil when the clen headache gets real annoying usually goes away

Damn guys. It was just a question. Didn't think this is the response I would get! Haha..advil might be good and takes it away, but i just dont want the clen to be interfered with...ib-profen or advil is what i will go with..thanks guys!

"Lol... sheesh! tough crowd," said the cave-dwelling asshole.

I loved that CGB told me he could copy and paste... and then DID IT. POW!! "In yo face Neevor! Your FACE!"

That's the study I was pointing to. As I said, they were taking the maximum dose (12 pills a day) and had "reversible" damage. Taking Tylenol once or twice a day (2 to 4 pills) is not gonna cause liver failure. Wash it down with a shot of vodka while your at it Jivany! The liver is evil and must be punished.

BTW, if anyone is interested... I found an article you might be interested in if you want to see a real Cave-dwelling asshole.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-21452519/

This SOB is being evicted for not having a fire exit in his cave. What an asshole right?

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    I can't definitively answer that because clenbuterol isn't listed in a PDR. I looked at albuterol and didn't see any interactions, but I'm not going to take a guess and tell you that there wouldn't be a negative interaction.
    I know I've used ibuprofen with clen before, but that's me playing with my health. Although I think there's no problem, I'm not going to throw out an answer that I'm not confident of. You could always try calling a pharmacy and running the question by them.'
    I'd suggest firing up a search engine and finding out the answer about Ibuprofen and Tylenol.
    Then when you can document it with some solid references come back and make a post out of it.

AG
    Completely serious Neevor: Wow, I just read this post and even though it was short (I dont think I even noticed it before) it was great advice. Talk to a pharmacy. AG, I'm using the "add to your rep" button. Nice.

makelovenotwar21 is offline Associate Member
    Does anyone know if the headaches are partly caused by dehydration from the increased thermogenesis?

Umm, I think we have all been sort of operating on the assumption that that was the case here. But yeah, to clarify, that's what causes it, you are sweating more and your muscles are using more water during the day to expel lactic acid, uric acid, and other byproduct buildup eventually through your sweat glands.

Thread Information