Bigjerdog is offline Associate Member

Shoulder is jacked up

Got my diet dialed in been peeling off the weight in hopes of getting ready to start a new cycle. Then my stupid neighbor talks me into joining an indoor soccer league with him. They needed a goalie. I reluctantly joined and 1st game I dove for a ball and did something to my shoulder. Doc says I dislocated it and I have impingement syndrome with the possibility of a rotator cuff tear. Doc did nothing for the 1st 3 weeks said he wanted inflamation to go down before doing anyhting else. Says its best to be conservative with shoulder injuries.

Went back today and now he is concerned that it hasnt gotten much better and wants to do an MRI. I have a trip to New Orleans in a month and a trip to Mexico the month after that... Wakeboarding season is very soon after that... Im screwed I think... Not to mention my upcomming cycle and ZERO time in the gym now. Anyways I would just like to hear of anyones experiences with these types of injuries... Am I looking at surgery? How logn am I laid up for?

By the way this is my first post in the injury forum... i am hoping to NOT be a regular, lol

lol great responses!

bruary17 is offline Member
    as i lay here on my couch and adjust my laptop, im getting shooting pains in my shoulder from my ROTATOR CUFF TEAR! actually, the pain is from my inflamation from my cortizone shot that I got wed. first you have to get an mri to see the extent of the damage if any. a cuff injury doesnt heal without surgery but the muscle and ligaments can....depending upon the injury, be strengthened to the point that the injury is hardly noticed. but there are a lot of variable here.

Ok thanks for the insight. I have an MRI scheduled for Thurs. I wish my doc would have given me cortisone. That sounds like maybe what I need. Ran out of vicodin and dont wanna keep taking it anyways... Right now just dealing wit the pain and some advils

WeakGeek is offline New Member
    only mri will really let you no whats going on... then go from there...Had surgery for a slap tear in oct... put me out for 3 months.. also cortisone didnt do shit for me... good luck.. kepp us updated

man,i had shoulder impingement surgery back in jan,and i had bone spurs removed and a very small tear in my labrum ligament,but my rotator was ok...its best to get an MRI and get your diagnosis,and even though my surgery was called "minor" its been hell,first off i went to a dumb ass PT afterwards,took me nealry 5 weeks to man up and find one that rehabs sports injuries,shoulder surgery is not fun at all,and i would do what my doctor told me,ive been out of the gym for 7 weeks with this shoulder,although i still workout everyday,but not with this injured one,and still like 4-5 weeks more of therapy to get to where i can use it again in the gym,i messed myself up by not researching for a sports PT,i lost 4 weeks of rehab because of that,plus the more muscle you have,the longer time it will take to heal,good luck man

eyepoker is offline Junior Member
    Try wearing a copper bracelet. Yes it sounds stupid but I swear it helped a shoulder injury I had last year. It won't hurt anything to just try it and if you don't notice it helping within a couple weeks no arm done. Good luck, I hope it helps you like it did me.

Well I got the MRI results back and not only is it impingment sydrome (which Dr. said they do not operate on) But also a fracture. I have determined my Dr. is an idiot. he should have recognized the fracture from Xrays i dont think an MRI was needed to tell that. MRIs are usually to see muscle and lig damage right? I am going to a new Dr tomorrow to get a 2nd opinion. It has been almost 6 weeks since injury and its about 10% better with still very limited range in pretty much any direction. I think this Dr. is just too conservative for me. Thanks for the input guys I will keep you posted!

So my new Dr. said that not only do I have a small rotator cuff tear but the tendon that connects the long head of the biceps is also partially torn. She thinks there is a chance it can all heal on its own with some PT. I am starting a month of PT then she is going to take another look but still might have to open me up... Ugh... summer is gonna suck... looks like ill be driving the boat all summer and not riding behind it...

Wonder_Juice is offline Junior Member
    what is the meaning of pt?
    sorry eng is not my native language

falco21 is offline Associate Member
    Physical Therapy or Physical Therapist

Tlee8769 is offline Associate Member
    I would look into IMS with your physio they both work amazing together i was in the same situation last year helped me out a lot best of luck with your healing.

calstate23 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigjerdog View Post
    Got my diet dialed in been peeling off the weight in hopes of getting ready to start a new cycle. Then my stupid neighbor talks me into joining an indoor soccer league with him. They needed a goalie. I reluctantly joined and 1st game I dove for a ball and did something to my shoulder. Doc says I dislocated it and I have impingement syndrome with the possibility of a rotator cuff tear. Doc did nothing for the 1st 3 weeks said he wanted inflamation to go down before doing anyhting else. Says its best to be conservative with shoulder injuries.

Went back today and now he is concerned that it hasnt gotten much better and wants to do an MRI. I have a trip to New Orleans in a month and a trip to Mexico the month after that... Wakeboarding season is very soon after that... Im screwed I think... Not to mention my upcomming cycle and ZERO time in the gym now. Anyways I would just like to hear of anyones experiences with these types of injuries... Am I looking at surgery? How logn am I laid up for?

By the way this is my first post in the injury forum... i am hoping to NOT be a regular, lol
    First off....You're not going to know shit until you get an MRI. The greatest doctor in the world can assume what it is but only an MRI can reveal the truth...And still even then, an MRI won't show everything. A doctor can never know 100% until they get inside and do a arthoscopy....

Also, the FIRST move before ever talking SURGERY is rehab. Then if rehab does nothing look into your options for surgery.

BUT REALLY THERE IS NO POINT AN EVEN DISCUSSING SURGERY RIGHT NOW BECAUSE NUMBER 1 YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR SHOULDER AND NUMBER TWO YOU HAVEN'T DONE ANY PHYSICAL THERAPY.

Thread Information