DFRELAT is offline Associate Member

Long time lurker history and progress over last 3 months

Been lurking in here for a real long time, figured it was time to finally post!

Some stats as of today:

34 years old
    6' tall
    268lbs
    19½ arms (cold)
    bf not sure, guessing 18-20% more or less

History:

Been working out since I'm 15 years old, and before any start asking, it's also then that I started my battle with Crohn's disease. So my mangled stomach is from having 5 feet of intestines taken out about 11 years ago. It's a never ending battle, had 5 more surgeries since that big one. My training has been a real roller coaster ride of ups and down over the years. I've had alot of health problems these last few years and I even stopped working out completely for almost 3 years. But this year I've finally gotten better and been hitting the gym hard for the last 10 months.

One thing I'm most proud of is doing a strongman competition 7 years ago. That's 3 years after having my entire colon removed and after the doctors said it would be impossible after all I've been through! In your face mother****ers! lol I was the strongest I've ever been back then, wasn't lean at all but I didnt give a shit about that, I just wanted to be big and strong! And I did, was 330bls, 23'' arms, 34½ quads, 530lbs raw bench, reps with 400lbs military press etc, you get the idea.

Getting back in the gym 10 months ago was really hard on me both physically and mentally. After stopping completely and being sick as I was, it was really hard the first 3 months. Hard on the ego when you've benched 500lbs for years and then go back and it takes all you got to get 2 plates a side up! lol But the good thing about this sickness is the mental toughness you develop to deal with shit. But I stuck to it and it's slowly coming back now after 10 months. Still pissed that I'm only benching about 470lbs though, I'll have to kick myself in the ass even more to get back to 500!

I started the diet on nov 29 2010, was at 298lbs, I didn't take any pictures cuz I never thought I'd stick to it!!! So you have my progress since then up to a few days ago at 268bls... For the first time in my life I've finally gotten my diet in check. My utimate goals are to get back as strong as I was at 330lbs but at a lean 260 lbs or so. Wouldnt mind seeing a little abs either! lol I will be posting progress pics as I go along this journey. Got a ton of work to do!

I decided to stop lurking and post to motivate and encourage others like me who have a freakin' disease that makes their lives miserable. As if working out isn't hard enough already, you have to fight even harder because of it. And also to all of you out there with perfect health who I hear crying and bitching all the time, grow a pair already! Stop being pussies and hit the gym hard!!!

I've also decided a couple moths ago to film some of my workouts to keep sort of a progress video log of how I look and how I'm lifting.

http://www.youtube.com/user/dfrelat
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Long time lurker history and progress over last 3 months-dave-compare-1a.jpg   Long time lurker history and progress over last 3 months-dave-compare-2a.jpg   Long time lurker history and progress over last 3 months-img_3414a.jpg   Long time lurker history and progress over last 3 months-img_3421a.jpg   Long time lurker history and progress over last 3 months-img_3408a.jpg  

Long time lurker history and progress over last 3 months-img_3413a.jpg   Long time lurker history and progress over last 3 months-img_3403a.jpg  
    Last edited by DFRELAT; 03-04-2011 at 06:35 PM.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    WELCOME!!! glad you joined.

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    You are one solid motherfvcker!! welcome aboard man.

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I am very glad that you posted, that is an inspiration story Bro, my hat is off to you.

Have you had to change your diet due to the disease? Things you can't eat?

Just in case some of you think I'm full of it, here's some pics to show what I was talking about...

-me at 330lbs
    -post operation with my stomia (bag) wich was removed about 6 months after that pic, also really proud of this, benched almost 500lbs with that bag! Again the doctors couldn't believe it!
    -2 pics of my strongman competition

I'm actually pretty lucky with food compared to others i know with Crohn's disease, I can eat pretty much anything except crappy foods with preservatives like cold cuts and such.

So I hope this gives further inspiration to have mental toughness and bust your asses in the gym! ¦¬)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Long time lurker history and progress over last 3 months-100_0417.jpg   Long time lurker history and progress over last 3 months-dave_bag_pose.jpg   Long time lurker history and progress over last 3 months-dave_crucifix_hold.jpg   Long time lurker history and progress over last 3 months-dave_car_deadlift.jpg  

warren916 is offline Associate Member
    dang dude, your one beefy mother f'er.....lookin good slimmin down for sure

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Truly inspirational! Some people find and excuses and some people get it done. My hat is off to you.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Well done, so glad you have joined us on here. You certainly have some good size

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Jesus very inspirational story. Really glad to have you aboard and congrats on all the hard work and dedication over the years.

PS I am sure you already know it but benching 470 at 268 is more of a feat than 530 at 330 particularly 7 years later!

This was more to introduce myself than anything since I've been lurking for years but never posted anything. I started a new thread in the cycle results section where I explain my 'supplements' intake! lol Check it out http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...02#post5554802

FLdave is offline New Member
    Nice bench video, you have monster genetics! kinda felt bad for the kid next to you pushing up 165 while you had 4 plus plates on...lol.

Yeah that gym isn't the best place to get motivated, not many guys in there pushing some real weights!

mperk is offline Member
    nice work bro! My hat's off to you! I bet you feel 10x better too! Very impressive stats on the strongman - def a force to contend with! Props!

Thank you all for the nice comments!

MTBrider is offline New Member
    congrats man! some serious inspiration
    you in total beast mode!

-Ender- is offline Not Retired
    Welcome aboard and best of luck! Truely outstanding accomplishments

Ishallnocheatmyself is offline Associate Member
    great addition to the community , you beast you

Thread Information